Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Ola -- Bandwagon fan here with questions on the Vikes..

Brady is no Pep or Manning, but the guy just does not make stupid mistakes and comes through huge when it is needed the most. I give him a lot of credit and I think he is very underrated and he did take less than market value.

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Good to have you ABOARD!

1) I don't think that Tice is going anywhere. YET! IF he doesn't win at least one playoff game he's gone. So he should be around for awile.

2) Onterio is pretty talented, but as far as I"m concerned if he can't show any discipline he can LEAVE!!!! So buhbye Onterio.

3) I really HATE that we traded Randy. He may have done one or two things that were distasteful(MOONING GREEN BAY NOT ONE OF THEM), but he will probably be the best reciever ever when he retires. The good definately outwieghed the bad with Randy. HE's THA FREAK!!!!!

4) The PACKERS are hated here! There is no bigger win than against the Packers every year. If you want to be a fan you will learn this quickly.

5) Even without MOSS, PEPP is the man. He will be MVP this year! Mark my words.

6) Here's the Top 5 to watch:
    DT-Kevin Williams
    (This man is an ANIMAL. By years end will be considered one of the top D-linemen in the league.)
    RB's-Michael Bennett/Mewelde Moore
    (Which ever can stay healthy)
    CB's-Fred Smoot/Antwoine Winfield
    (Will be one of the best CB duo's in the NFL)
    LB-Napolean Harris
    (We traded Moss for him so he better be a standout)
    WR-Nate Burleson
    (He's our #1 and has a great chance to make some huge plays and rack up the STATS!)

7) We will have to answer this question as the year rolls on. We have lots of new playmakers on D, but it looks really promising. On offense we hope to have all of our playmakers back, but we have a new Ofensive Co-ordinator. So we will have to wait and see. Should be balanced though.
    I have to say, the Vikes front office seems pretty good. There's just something about Tice that reminds me of Cowher and so I suspect that his teams will always underachieve relative to their talent.

But enough Tice bashing. (I don't know what it is about him that bugs me so much)...

Did the Vikes lose to Philly or Atlanta in the playoffs last season?
    I killed the wabbit.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Brady is no Pep or Manning, but the guy just does not make stupid mistakes and comes through huge when it is needed the most. I give him a lot of credit and I think he is very underrated and he did take less than market value.
    Well, I'll agree that Brady doesn't have Daunte Culpepper's arm or athleticism. But that's different than being a great overall quarterback. No quarterback currently playing in the NFL (including Culpepper, Manning and Favre) has done enough to even consider himself in the same class as Brady.

If anyone's overrated it's stat-hound Manning. And Favre. Favre is a lot of sound and fury -- signifying nothing.
    I killed the wabbit.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    I have to say, the Vikes front office seems pretty good. There's just something about Tice that reminds me of Cowher and so I suspect that his teams will always underachieve relative to their talent.

But enough Tice bashing. (I don't know what it is about him that bugs me so much)...

I wish Tice was more like Cowher.

We lost to Philly.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

The Assho-eh eagles

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Well, I'll agree that Brady doesn't have Daunte Culpepper's arm or athleticism. But that's different than being a great overall quarterback. No quarterback currently playing in the NFL (including Culpepper, Manning and Favre) has done enough to even consider himself in the same class as Brady.

If anyone's overrated it's stat-hound Manning. And Favre. Favre is a lot of sound and fury -- signifying nothing.
    you might just fit in around here :grin:

Swamination is offline Rookie

Hey Falling Alice, welcome to Minnesota! Here are how I see things:

1.) Tice is not a terrible coach as everyone thinks he is. He seems just fine with me, but right now he isn't a premiere coach at all. But that makes it cool because he still is down to earth. People see him all the time over in Edina just minding his business.
    2.) I see OS as a really talented RB. It sucks though that he is an idiot, but still he has the talent. I personally can deal with him, but others hate the guy, and I can see why.
    3.)When I turned on the news and saw the Moss trade my stomach just sank. I did not like the trade, but now it doesn't matter. I'm going to miss him, but the team will be just fine without him. We still have a considerably great reciever core right now, so things will still be nice.
    4.)Defiantly the Packers. No doubt.
    5.)Vikings fans love Culpepper. He delivers both on the field and off the field. Thats the great thing about him. When there are moment when people *think* he chokes, it is because he does not have nothing to work with. Its like trying to get out of quicksand.
    6.)D Pepper, Burleson, Kliensasser, Wiggins, Bennet, Smoot, Winfield, Williams, and the list goes on and on.

Hope that helps.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "FallingAlice" wrote:

I wish Tice was more like Cowher.

We lost to Philly.
    Really? I must not understand this Tice guy at all. Then again, it's not like I've paid loads of attention to the NFC North lately. What's Tice really like as a coach?

From afar Tice seems the "Earthy motivator, tough guy, not a great football mind or improviser type." Which is exactly the way I think of Cowher.
    I killed the wabbit.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    The Assho-eh eagles
    Well that's better than losing to Atlanta.

The Eagles are ripe for the picking though. Now that I look more at this, it wouldn't surprise me to see an NFC Championship Game of ....

Vikings-Carolina.

See, this is where Minnesota would want home-field advantage and a nice chilly outdoor stadium.

You'd be nuts to consider anything else.
    I killed the wabbit.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

you might just fit in around here :grin:
    I know, I'm learning quick. It almost looks like a shameless butt-kiss, doesn't it?

But it's true. I've felt this way about Favre for a long time. He's as bad as he is good. He runs around a lot. He's a cowboy/gunslinger. Whatever.

But really...he just stank it up when you guys beat him in the playoffs last year. No other Q-back would get away with that kind of performance. They'd be pilloried by the press and probably lose their job.
    I killed the wabbit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast