Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: OL - How Bad Is it Really?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    I look around the league and I see a lot of OLs struggling worse than ours.
    I see alot of games were I thank the good lord we don't have thier OL.

That said, the OL hasn't been anything more than average this year.
    Agreed. But average is a hell of alot better than the way some on here make our OL out to be.
    marginally? Maybe. Hell of alot better? Hell no!
    I don't know. First game I watched yesterday was the Cleveland game. I bet the Noodle would have nightmares if he had to rely on that cast of characters.

Deadskins, although a bit better, sure didn't do McNabb any favors, however, they did open some pretty nice lanes for my new favorite fantasy RB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Bad again ,shitty pockets for Favre,old guy always hit and pressured ,opp. D. just got too much penetration on us that hurts our running game a lot,etc etc

Add to the mix Tahi and AD canīt block and you gotta a recipent for disaster
    So is it the OL not blocking thier man or is it the FB/RB not getting thier man?

As I said in my post game notes, only saw the OLmen miss 3 blocks that were obvious, the other times that a OLmen let the guy through it was within a reasonable amount of time for the Noodle to get rid of the ball or it was someone missing the blitz pickup.

Again, I do not blame the OL for a RB's problem.
    Look Marr,You know a whole lot more than me about football,but you just canīt say our OL is playing fine when our Qb is hitted 13 times and sacked 4 times game in and game out(and donīt come up with the Noddle needs too much time to get rid of it stuff).Our RB/FB canīt block either but thatīs OLīs main job,protect your Qb,and that numbers donīt say so.

Other teams know our OL sucks and they just crowded the box plain and simple.I think ask Chilly to flex our playbook,during this situations, and try running some screen passes to Harvin or AD is too much for him .
    El underdog.

Erinnn is offline Starter

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Last year they were not great, but they looked better on the field than they do this year.
    A high school varsity chess team would look better on the field than they do this year.
    You can't honestly believe that...
    [img size=250]http://www.newtonhillchurch.org.uk/images/2007/chess_team2007a.jpg[/img]
    At least they have trophies.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Agreed. But average is a hell of alot better than the way some on here make our OL out to be.
    LOL!

If the Doodles could make the lofty level of "Average" there would be dancing in the streets of Minnesota.

They could just as well stand still and hold signs that say "QB--THIS WAY!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Infidel wrote:
    LOL!

If the Doodles could make the lofty level of "Average" there would be dancing in the streets of Minnesota.

They could just as well stand still and hold signs that say "QB--THIS WAY!"

LOL, maybe they should start holding up signs that point the rush in another direction cause the QB sure isn't moving around much.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Erinnn wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Last year they were not great, but they looked better on the field than they do this year.
    A high school varsity chess team would look better on the field than they do this year.
    You can't honestly believe that...
    [img size=250]http://www.newtonhillchurch.org.uk/images/2007/chess_team2007a.jpg[/img]
    At least they have trophies.
    I would trade anyone of them for Loadholt in a heartbeat
    El underdog.

shoon is offline Training Camp

Marrdro wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    I look around the league and I see a lot of OLs struggling worse than ours.
    I see alot of games were I thank the good lord we don't have thier OL.

That said, the OL hasn't been anything more than average this year.
    I didn't realize average is where we're trying to be :silly:
    None

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Bad again ,shitty pockets for Favre,old guy always hit and pressured ,opp. D. just got too much penetration on us that hurts our running game a lot,etc etc

Add to the mix Tahi and AD canīt block and you gotta a recipent for disaster
    So is it the OL not blocking thier man or is it the FB/RB not getting thier man?

As I said in my post game notes, only saw the OLmen miss 3 blocks that were obvious, the other times that a OLmen let the guy through it was within a reasonable amount of time for the Noodle to get rid of the ball or it was someone missing the blitz pickup.

Again, I do not blame the OL for a RB's problem.
    I would say it is a mixture. RB's are definitely a problem but the OL is guilty of not always following through on their blocks.

It is like they block the initial pass rush then stop and pat themselves on the back instead of following through until the play is dead.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

It is like they block the initial pass rush then stop and pat themselves on the back instead of following through until the play is dead.
    Attention span is a blip for the Doodles.

One second it's "Block."

The next second it's, "Want Big Mac and Fries."

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast