Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The OL

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Don't care to but be my guest.
    Don't need to. Fusco is pretty good at run blocking but has been bad at pass blocking. Schwartz has been average at both.
    The line as a unit has been good at run blocking but not so good at pass blocking. The pass blocking ,as expected, has improved the last few weeks since the Vikings are passing less.

They played at a high level last week and despite facing an improved Green Bay defense, I expect them to play well today.

The line play on both sides of the ball have exceeded expectation.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Don't need to. Fusco is pretty good at run blocking but has been bad at pass blocking. Schwartz has been average at both.
    The line as a unit has been good at run blocking but not so good at pass blocking. The pass blocking ,as expected, has improved the last few weeks since the Vikings are passing less.

They played at a high level last week and despite facing an improved Green Bay defense, I expect them to play well today.

The line play on both sides of the ball have exceeded expectation.
    Did a google search for Vikings 2012 passing highlights and got one search result. Here it is:

Actually the pass blocking for the line has been much improved across the board. Not perfect but better and certainly good enough for any decent QB. Obviously it could improve but it is trending up.

The OL

Hats off to OL
    None

Blog Entries
    I think the OL did a fine job of pass blocking this game. Ponder had time in the pocket and aside from Kalil getting owned by Fabio lite several times they were very solid today. Notice the big runs on the right side of the line this game, although the last game sealing run was over LG.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I think the OL did a fine job of pass blocking this game. Ponder had time in the pocket and aside from Kalil getting owned by Fabio lite several times they were very solid today. Notice the big runs on the right side of the line this game, although the last game sealing run was over LG.
    If Kalil is supposed to pick up Fabio, who is supposed to block the DE?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    As can be expected, Loadholt continues to rack up penalties.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If Kalil is supposed to pick up Fabio, who is supposed to block the DE?
    the LG or the C depending on their assignment. Not sure what you are referring to but if it is because he is a LB, in the 3-4 his position is not much different than a 4-3 DE other than he can flip sides without having to change the position of the other interior line players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12