Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The OL

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

The OL

Hey all, it's been forever since I've been on here and it's good to be back. As for last night's crappy performance against the Panthers, I want to put a positive spin on this thinking that the issues will be corrected esp. with the OL line. This game should be enough for the Vikings to win out against the Bears and Giants. If the OL, esp. Mckennie doesn't get it together, then it may be a quick exit from the playoffs.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The OL

Good to see you back again my friend.

Your thread makes me think that maybe its time to bring this oldie, but a goodie back out of hiding.

For those of us who have never had the pleasure of playing OL, a must read IMHO.

A Day in the Life
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

That performance was pathetic. IMO they have been pathetic for a while. Most overrated OL in the NFL.

marstc09 wrote:
    That performance was pathetic. IMO they have been pathetic for a while. Most overrated OL in the NFL.
    Alright, your making it damn hard for me to remain optimisit and positive today.

On a side note, I don't think I heard the talking heads say one time how "Great" or OL was.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Alright, your making it damn hard for me to remain optimisit and positive today.

On a side note, I don't think I heard the talking heads say one time how "Great" or OL was.
    I have. I have heard it all the time this year on pregame shows and what not. They are pathetic.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

I have. I have heard it all the time this year on pregame shows and what not. They are pathetic.
    I have heard it alot as well, but not last night and not as much since AD's numbers continue to go down.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Garbage

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Hey. Maybe if McKinnie put one leg further behind the other one on passing plays he could be more effective! (sarcasm font)
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Like I said, in a few years AD will be tired of being smothered b/c of his O-line not blocking for him and Chilly not being able to think up a way to get him the ball in space, and he'll leave and go win a Super Bowl somewhere like Philly or San Diego.

We'l be stuck with Chilly and his stupid contract. Maybe someone on our coaching staff will leave with Peterson and get the head coaching job.

That seems to be the trend. Leave Minnesota and go win a Super Bowl while we lose, continually.
    None

Holmstrom wrote:
    Like I said, in a few years AD will be tired of being smothered b/c of his O-line not blocking for him and Chilly not being able to think up a way to get him the ball in space, and he'll leave and go win a Super Bowl somewhere like Philly or San Diego.

We'l be stuck with Chilly and his stupid contract. Maybe someone on our coaching staff will leave with Peterson and get the head coaching job.

That seems to be the trend. Leave Minnesota and go win a Super Bowl while we lose, continually.
    I wish you wouldn't beat around the bush so much my friend. You need to let it all out and tell us how you really feel.....

LOL, JK my friend. I take it by your posts your not a Chiller fan.

Most of us have issues with him for one reason or another, but you gotta admit, it is nice being back to back NFC North champs. Been a long time since we had a team do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast