Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay...so now what?

Where do you guys think we are weakest now? For me, it's probably our kicking situation; We seem to either be going with Elling again or trying another rookie kicker (we have such great success with those). And let's not forget punting; I really like Darren Bennett, but I don't think he's a permanent solution. Should be good enough this year, though.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Okay...so now what?

I'd definately say special teams

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Okay...so now what?

yep....Special teams, no doubt.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Northlander is offline Rookie

Okay...so now what?

Kickers, Definitely Kickers...

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Okay...so now what?

Special teams for sure. Return game? (O. Smith? the rookie RB Moore?) Kicking? ("wide right" Elling? the undrafted rookie from N Carolina--Dan Orner?) Man, to go with another rookie . . . shouldn't we look for some veteran help at PK? I'd like to depend on someone at 40+ yards. Remember the Vikes going for it on 4th instead of kicking from that distance? Does a lot for the kicker's confidence. I hope Bennett works out at punter. Isn't Eddie Johnson STILL on the team!? What's going on there?

Woohoo! My 100th post!!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Okay...so now what?

How come we never put anyone with speed returning punts? Moss did alittle as a rookie and took one to the house. I think our return game would be great if we got someone like Bennett doing it. It isn't like they are not in good enough shape (Bennett gets lots of breaks at RB anyway).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Okay...so now what?

I think Elling is a decent Kicker. What i saw from him was the ability to be really good, but nto enough confidence to be consistant. Bennett at punter is awesome. I actualy say we have a decent - solid Kicking game, depending on wether Elling can grow up a little.

Special teams. Our special teams potential took a huge hit when we released Jack Brewer. However, through the draft and a couple Free Agents, I think our return game, and coverage team will actually be much improved.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Okay...so now what?

Our draft picks and the return of T.C. (Tyrone Carter) should help. But I don't understand why we released our special teasm captian Jeck Brewer???
    Anyone know why we did?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Okay...so now what?

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    Our draft picks and the return of T.C. (Tyrone Carter) should help. But I don't understand why we released our special teasm captian Jeck Brewer???
    Anyone know why we did?
    I think they thought he was injury prone. But still, I don't see why you give up the first guy on our team since Mike Merriwether to block a punt.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

howln4u is offline Rookie

Okay...so now what?

Special teams has always been an issue. Bennett should do good for us or at least about as good as 1/2 the teams. His net average went down but he was playing for the Charges. At least the experience is there for corner kicks (as if anyone does that anymore). He also takles, which we seem to need.

I think bring in a couple veteran kickers to try out also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast