Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OK- U fix it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So let me get this straight because you seem to be using different standards here:

It is OK for an OL to look at or below average because in your words they are missing guys and had to put new guys in there which made them less effective and also last year the secondary didn't play all that bad because they also had guys in there who didn't have much experience but yet when we have one starting DT out of there and have a new guy replacing the one that retired you are all over their shit for underperforming even though the DT's sure as hell outplayed the secondary in every phase of the game?

Seriously?
    Nope, if the OL was costing us games I would be on them. In this instance they are not.

I am much happier with the DE's efforts early this year as compared to early last year. However (coma), the DT play is lacking a bit when it comes to collapsing the pocket.

Go back, watch both QB's we've faced especially late in the game. They had all day long to pick what reciever they were going to hit. I don't care how good your secondary is, even if we had guys that were shutdown CB's, the recievers would get open.

Mix in our scheme were we leave holes and they will always find someone open.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Go back, watch both QB's we've faced especially late in the game. They had all day long to pick what reciever they were going to hit. I don't care how good your secondary is, even if we had guys that were shutdown CB's, the recievers would get open.
    Hmm... so one might make a reasonable argument that if OUR QB had all day to pick what receiver they were going to hit, we might also see a pretty good pass game? Oddly enough, our OL doesn't provide that, and it's not because we consistently line up against all-pro DL.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Nope, if the OL was costing us games I would be on them. In this instance they are not.

I am much happier with the DE's efforts early this year as compared to early last year. However (coma), the DT play is lacking a bit when it comes to collapsing the pocket.

Mix in our scheme were we leave holes and they will always find someone open.
    I cannot use that particular angle because if I do, then it means the QB had time to make plays and didn't and then I would be labeled as a hater for saying the QB held any responsibility in the loss.

I cannot use that particular angle because if I do, then it means the QB had time to make plays and didn't and then I would be labeled as a hater for saying the QB held any responsibility in the loss.
    LOL, you crack me up.

In your defense, Dnabb made some terrible throws this weekend especially the deep ones. The one Berrian did get his hands on was behind him as well. Couple that went to Shanc/TE's were low.

Most dont' agree with me but I think he is still trying to get in synch with everyone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Hmm... so one might make a reasonable argument that if OUR QB had all day to pick what receiver they were going to hit, we might also see a pretty good pass game? Oddly enough, our OL doesn't provide that, and it's not because we consistently line up against all-pro DL.
    I never said all day did I? Don't make it out like I'm saying our OL is great or anything. I'm just saying they are at or above average right now and not the reason we are loosing games.

Go back, watch the game. You will see Dnabb get to his second and third progressions and when he is moved from the pocket (except for once) in a bootleg, he is pretty much alone as the T and TE have sealed the end.

The one instance were I saw a major gaff was when they sent 2 blitzers through the "A" gap left. Hutch helped the T and Sully helped the G leaving AD to take on 2 blitzers. He got one, the other came free.

That is either a gaff on Sully for not seeing the blitz and shifting protection or a gaff on Dnabb for not seeing it and shifting protection. Because AD stayed and picked up the blitzer, I think they both messed up and read one blitzer and not two.

Blame the OL for things like that if you like, but in reality it wasn't the lines problem. It was a pre-snap read/adjustment problem.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    LOL, you crack me up.

In your defense, Dnabb made some terrible throws this weekend especially the deep ones. The one Berrian did get his hands on was behind him as well. Couple that went to Shanc/TE's were low.

Most dont' agree with me but I think he is still trying to get in synch with everyone.
    He probably is and he probably will get better within the offense at some point, My whole point in the debate is that by the time that happens it isn't going to lead to a successful season anyway and since we are basically retraining him in this offense I would rather spend that time developing a player who will be giving us a return on that investment for hopefully a long time compared to the year or two we are getting now. In the end if he gets us even 2 more wins than one of the young guys all that will give us is a lower draft pick because we are not contending for a division title this year boys and girls. We are competing for draft position.

He probably is and he probably will get better within the offense at some point, My whole point in the debate is that by the time that happens it isn't going to lead to a successful season anyway and since we are basically retraining him in this offense I would rather spend that time developing a player who will be giving us a return on that investment for hopefully a long time compared to the year or two we are getting now. In the end if he gets us even 2 more wins than one of the young guys all that will give us is a lower draft pick because we are not contending for a division title this year boys and girls. We are competing for draft position.
    Don't forget, I spewed forth drivel early on, and some again today, touting that I believed Leslie when he said he was ready to with young Ponder this year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Don't forget, I spewed forth drivel early on, and some again today, touting that I believed Leslie when he said he was ready to with young Ponder this year.
    I think it was more along the lines of, "If I have to start Ponder, we're ready to do it". At the time, there wasn't much competition for him on the team. Once McNabb was targeted, it was always for the starting job and I believe this is what Leslie wanted based on the expectations the front office was giving him.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think it was more along the lines of, "If I have to start Ponder, we're ready to do it". At the time, there wasn't much competition for him on the team. Once McNabb was targeted, it was always for the starting job and I believe this is what Leslie wanted based on the expectations the front office was giving him.
    You, dude, are one of the PPOers I'd most like to meet. Always with good points.

Salute!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    So your saying the team should give up on the season after week 2? Or should they have given up before the season even began?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast