Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    he was not fast on that 77 yard TD and if the D-back hadn't blown his coverage it would never have happened.
    He was fast enough to outrun everyone else on the field.
    How do you think the DB blew his coverage?
    Could it have possibly been a good route?


    Are you saying his talent had nothing to do with that 77 yard TD catch?
    No disrespect but it look like your reaching here.

    Anyway, we can go back and forth on this.
    You haven't really given me anything concrete.
    You say he's not fast.
    I beg to differ.
    However on that I have nothing to go by except what I see during the game.
    I will tell you blown covereages are often results of a good route ran by the receiver.
    Again, there are several variables into being a good receiver.
    You're right that he is a little undersized but so were receivers like Art Monk and Phil McConkey.
    Look at Dante Hall of the Chiefs.
    You say he's not fast and I've already named several other decent WRs that weren't fast.
    You haven't really given me any examples as to why you think what you think.

    Did he drop a lot of passes?
    Did he run bad routes?
    Did he miss blocks down field?
    Did the DB out run him to the ball?
    Did he not go back toward the ball on a given pass?
    Give me specifics other than your gut feelings as to why you don't think Carter should even be a 4th WR.
    Obviously other teams are interested in him so he must have done something right.have done something

  2. #42
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    as long as they dont have mcmullen in the top 4.. i'll be happy, although we havent actually seen much of him this offseason.

    williamson
    taylor
    robinson
    pinky


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  3. #43
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I want Randy Moss at wide reciever.
    To be honest (as much as I like Moss and his talent), I wouldn't want him anymore.
    Only because I do think he would be too much of a distraction.
    Personally, I don't think he would fit into this system and he would be wanting the ball more often.
    No disrespect to Randy.
    Still like the guy but not with this offense.
    If Twill fits Moss fits a lot better. Moss is faster, has better hands, taller, stronger, more experienced, and a better receiver in every way.

    Moss will fit any system you play him in. His talent alone is enough just to make him fit.

  4. #44
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    he was not fast on that 77 yard TD and if the D-back hadn't blown his coverage it would never have happened.
    He was fast enough to outrun everyone else on the field.
    How do you think the DB blew his coverage?
    Could it have possibly been a good route?


    Are you saying his talent had nothing to do with that 77 yard TD catch?
    No disrespect but it look like your reaching here.

    Anyway, we can go back and forth on this.
    You haven't really given me anything concrete.
    You say he's not fast.
    I beg to differ.
    However on that I have nothing to go by except what I see during the game.
    I will tell you blown covereages are often results of a good route ran by the receiver.
    Again, there are several variables into being a good receiver.
    You're right that he is a little undersized but so were receivers like Art Monk and Phil McConkey.
    Look at Dante Hall of the Chiefs.
    You say he's not fast and I've already named several other decent WRs that weren't fast.
    You haven't really given me any examples as to why you think what you think.

    Did he drop a lot of passes?
    Did he run bad routes?
    Did he miss blocks down field?
    Did the DB out run him to the ball?
    Did he not go back toward the ball on a given pass?
    Give me specifics other than your gut feelings as to why you don't think Carter should even be a 4th WR.
    Obviously other teams are interested in him so he must have done something right.have done something

    I did give you reasons but your bias because you think he is a superstar in the making won't let you see it.
    It is my opinion (which I said from the beggining) that I don't think he will be a number 1, 2 or 3 in the NFL and unless he does I am right and if he does then I will eat crow.

    He is not fast and a 4.66 forty yard time is slow.
    Mike Williams is faster than that and he was almost cut by Detroit, but he is 6' 5" and a 1st round pick so they gave him more lattitude.

    But then again I felt like playing devils advocate today, I could care less if Carter makes the team or not but if he doesn't I don't think it is a big loss.
    I am more worried about the 4 or 5 guys that are going to be playing and I would worry more if one of them got hurt.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #45
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    im with u on him not being a big loss this season since we have a very qualified receiver corps, however, im really glad he made the practice squad, he does have potential, if nothing else, a potential special teams stud


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  6. #46
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    Vikings | Pinkston says he's about 90 percent
    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:10:15 -0700

    Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Todd Pinkston (Achilles') said after practice Thursday, Sept. 7, that he's about 90 percent healthy. "It's very encouraging," said Pinkston, who missed the entire 2005 season and parts of the preseason because of a torn Achilles'. "I'm coming along fine. It's going to take a little time to get warmed up." Pinkston showed flashes of his elite speed at practice, but he also seemed tentative at times. Pinkston said Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb throws the ball with a lot more velocity than Vikings' QB Brad Johnson.

    90%? why was he even signed if he was not healthy? and did he also take a shot at Johnson?

  7. #47
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    Pinkston supporters would say, "Don't worry about his health, he knows the system."

    I say, "Since when does it take 2 years to recover from injury?"
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #48
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    "Mr" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I want Randy Moss at wide reciever.
    To be honest (as much as I like Moss and his talent), I wouldn't want him anymore.
    Only because I do think he would be too much of a distraction.
    Personally, I don't think he would fit into this system and he would be wanting the ball more often.
    No disrespect to Randy.
    Still like the guy but not with this offense.
    If Twill fits Moss fits a lot better. Moss is faster, has better hands, taller, stronger, more experienced, and a better receiver in every way.

    Moss will fit any system you play him in. His talent alone is enough just to make him fit.
    Not doubting you.
    However this team is now a clock managing offense.
    Not a throw down the field every other play.
    I like the fact the defense gets some rest nw during games.
    It will have an impact.
    Again, not trying to diss Moss.
    I still like him.
    I just think the offense is better suited without him.
    The difference between TW and RM is Miss will eventually start whining if he doesn't get the ball.
    TW won't.
    No added pressure.
    BJ is the leader of this team.
    No questions.
    If Moss was here it would be different.

  9. #49
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Vikings | Pinkston says he's about 90 percent
    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:10:15 -0700

    Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Todd Pinkston (Achilles') said after practice Thursday, Sept. 7, that he's about 90 percent healthy. "It's very encouraging," said Pinkston, who missed the entire 2005 season and parts of the preseason because of a torn Achilles'. "I'm coming along fine. It's going to take a little time to get warmed up." Pinkston showed flashes of his elite speed at practice, but he also seemed tentative at times. Pinkston said Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb throws the ball with a lot more velocity than Vikings' QB Brad Johnson.

    90%? why was he even signed if he was not healthy? and did he also take a shot at Johnson?
    no, he didnt take a shot at johnson, he said mcnabb throws the ball with more velocity, and he's exactly right, what he was saying is that he's just taking a sec to adjust to a new QB, johnson throws the ball with laser precision in a spot only u can get it (normally), mcnabb throws it up higher and will often lob it in more


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •