Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

2 be honest i bet J.Carter will be a great WR/Kr

but right now i can understand B.chill is looking for experienced guys.

i'm sure he's gonna toss around those WR's and see who stands the test of time/action.

and i'll bet that the moment he doesn't feel secure in one of them.. J.c will take over that spot.

I have to go with B.chill's decisions as they are whta makes the team. and i am begining to realize that he knows where he's going.. something we havn't had in a long time, so i'll let him choose his WR's and let them do their job.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Great point.

Go back up to the post and see who are top 4 recievers were last year.
    I bet if we do a bit of digging you will see that 90% of the passes that made up thier numbers were from Brad.

He fits the west coast offense.
    This is predicated on reading the defense, and getting the ball out quickly to whoever is open or in a one on one situation and then (only then) throwing it deep if they are cheating up in the box.

I have said it before in other posts.
    This will be a different offense than the "deep ball/quick strike" offensives we had under Green and Tice.
    We will keep the ball longer, make less stupid mistakes and score points after eating up the clock.

Oh by the way, our D will give the ball back
    in good field position, to us alot more often and heck, maybe even score some of thier own points
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

first of all i will answer about kelly campbell, last i heard he was on the injury list. dont know if they cut him or not, ihave been reading that alot of teams are intersted in signing carter from our practice squad, i hope we can find a way and keep him somehow as i still cant beleive we let him go to begin with and kept McMullen, yea sure McMullen has more experience but we have enough wide recievers with experience already, so will have to wait and see
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

On Quincy Morgan...if he is healthy, this is where he could help out most...by stabilizing our return game:
    KICK RETURNS

Year Team G No Yards Avg Lg TD 40+
    2001 Cleveland Browns 16 7 175 25.0 51 0 1
    2002 Cleveland Browns 16 0 0 --- 0 0 0
    2003 Cleveland Browns 16 2 67 33.5 47 0 1
    2004 Dallas Cowboys 15 2 25 12.5 19 0 0
    2005 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23 583 25.3 74 0 2
    TOTAL
    79 34 850 25.0 74 0 4

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

boognish is offline Coordinator

1. T-Will
    2. T. Taylor
    3. M. Robinson
    4. T. Pinkston
    5. J. Carter
    I am a dipshit!!!

i really dont know much about morgan and just alittle bit on pinkston, so if we sign morgan, which one would we benefit more from between these two guys
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

It has been said before and I agree.
    In four receiver sets Pinkston could thrive, using he and Williamson to stretch the field then send Taylor and Robinson on crossing routes.
    Other than stretching the field I do not want to to see Pinkston on the field.
    We can solve poverty today.

as i mentioned before, dont know that much about pinkston yet and have to see him play, but from what i have been reading on here, dont you think that since he has a new team and like he has said a fresh start, that maybe he will be better than before and not afraid to go across..just wondering is all
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    first of all i will answer about kelly campbell, last i heard he was on the injury list. dont know if they cut him or not, ihave been reading that alot of teams are intersted in signing carter from our practice squad, i hope we can find a way and keep him somehow as i still cant beleive we let him go to begin with and kept McMullen, yea sure McMullen has more experience but we have enough wide recievers with experience already, so will have to wait and see

Campbell was cut from Miami!

I haven't seen any articles or notes that Carter is being pursued by any teams and I hope he stays, but I don't see Carter ever being a # 1, 2 or even 3 receiver in the NFL maybe a 4th or 5th and a special teams player.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "vikingbill50" wrote:

Campbell was cut from Miami!

I haven't seen any articles or notes that Carter is being pursued by any teams and I hope he stays, but I don't see Carter ever being a # 1, 2 or even 3 receiver in the NFL maybe a 4th or 5th and a special teams player.
    Just curious as to why you think he can't be better than a #4 receiver in the NFL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast