Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

OK so WHO do you want at WR?

Just based on who who we are looking/considering and who is on the team who would be the ideal 5 WR for this team

1. Williamson
    2. T. Taylor
    3. M. Robinson
    4. Q. Morgan
    5. J. Carter

I don't like Charles Rodgers, Never been a fan of Stinkston, And McMullen has shown me nothing.

Most people I think will agree about the first 3 it is the last 2 that people disagree on the most. Stinkston and McMullen have already been under Childresss and not done well. See Mike McMahon. so just because they are familiar with the offense does not mean that they will do well with a new team.

Carter I think would solve our KR/PR problems. Morgan would give us some nice speed. Robinson(if he can hang on to the ball) is a nice Red Zone option and Williamson and Taylor are kind of like 1 and 1a on the depth chart as far as what they can do. Is that a good thing? I don't know. But I think that letting Wiklliamson just consentrate on one position is the best thing fo rhim at this time

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

Re: OK so WHO do you want at WR?

The Steelers waived Quincy Morgan?

1.Williamson
    2.Taylor
    3.Robinson
    4.Pinkston
    5.McMullen

As of right now this is the depth at WR.

We should get Quincy Morgan if the Steelers did waive him. He would be our 4th/5th WR as well would be Pinkston and McMullen would slide down to 6.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

williamson
    taylor
    robonson
    carter
    whatever happen to kelly campbell?

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

1 Marcus
    2 Travis
    3 Troy
    4 Carter

Not even Childress is dumb enough to pick up Rogers.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    williamson
    taylor
    robonson
    carter
    whatever happen to kelly campbell?
    Kelly Campbell didn't play on 2005 and was picked up by Miami in the offseason. I believe he was either cut or put in their practice squad.

To be honest, I would like Carter and Morgan over McMullen and Pinky.
    That's my opinion.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/660541.html

Receivers say they will do what it takes for Vikings to win
    When Koren Robinson was jettisoned, the Vikings were sent scrambling for receivers, but the situation might not be too dismal.

Judd [email protected]
    A hobbling Todd Pinkston is signed days after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles. Willie Ponder, recently jettisoned by the New York Giants, is pursued before electing to sign with Seattle. Quincy Morgan is brought in for a workout on Tuesday and could be signed in the coming few days, according to his agent.

All send clear indications that less than a week before the season opener at Washington the Vikings brass is looking to upgrade at receiver. There is no doubt that feeling took on a greater sense of urgency when the team's expected top wideout, Koren Robinson, was released after his latest off-the-field incident. Morgan also would help because he could fill a void on kick returns, just as Robinson did last season.

But before anyone panics about the Vikings starting a second consecutive season without a clear-cut No. 1 receiver, Marcus Robinson has a point to make.

"We like Koren, he fit into the system, he was doing very well," he said. "But the thing we also have to think about is, 'Who were the top four receivers last year?' Those receivers are still here."

That list includes Jermaine Wiggins (69 catches), Travis Taylor (50), Mewelde Moore (37) and Marcus Robinson (31). Yes, Robinson is aware Wiggins is a tight end and Moore is a running back, but his point is this team still has players who can catch the ball. And, truthfully, the switch to the West Coast offense means quarterback Brad Johnson will be looking to get the ball into the hands of his running backs and tight ends on an even more regular basis in 2006.

As for the wide receivers, Taylor and Troy Williamson sit atop the depth chart ahead of Robinson and Pinkston. Billy McMullen is third behind the Williamson-Pinkston combination. But Taylor, Williamson, Robinson and Pinkston -- assuming he can overcome an Achilles' tendon injury that sidelined him all of last season -- all could see significant time.

Each will have a role. Taylor is good in traffic, Robinson is excellent in jump-ball situations and Williamson is a speedster who could provide a vertical threat. Pinkston, when healthy, can do the same, potentially drawing attention away from Williamson. But this offense also will ask the receivers to come out of their comfort zone at times.

Robinson, for instance, is being asked to play more than one receiver spot after having spent several years in the same role. Taylor also is versatile but often plays in the slot, where he said he blocked more linebackers in the preseason than he did all of last year. "Whatever it takes we have to do it," Taylor said.

Wiggins says having a mix of potential pass catchers is a good formula. "You look at the Super Bowl champion winners the past couple of years, they were able to spread the ball around," he said. "New England does a great job of spreading it around. Pittsburgh did a good job of it. ... I think that's the most important thing to winning is having a collective group of guys who can make plays instead of just having one guy that people can focus on."

Williamson would seem to have the best chance of emerging as a true No. 1 threat. He caught 24 passes for 372 yards and two touchdowns in an inconsistent rookie season but appears better prepared entering this season. "No question," Williamson said when asked if he would like to assume the No. 1 role. "I don't work as hard as I do not to [be the No. 1 guy]. That isn't my goal to be a No. 2 or No. 3 guy. My goal is to be the No. 1 guy."

But for now, barring an unexpected acquisition, the Vikings will continue the receiver-by-committee approach. "We went through this [same situation] last year, so everybody is coming in and trying to make plays," Taylor said. "We all want to win. So whatever you can do to help this team, that's what we're going to do."

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

do you have any stats on morgan
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    do you have any stats on morgan

Here is a link for his NFL stats,

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235232
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

thanks for the link, i also went on the steelers website and read more about him and he would be good for us and will be nice to get him especially since he has experience in kick returns, i would sign him and get rid of McMullen
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

I actually like the receiver by committee approach. When Cris Carter retired and everyone started double-teaming Moss he were far too predicatble. It's good that we're looking to upgrade receivers but I think we'll do ok with what we've got.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast