Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

OK/ Second Biggest Game Of The Season is Next

Well....last week was the real Big one in my humble opinion anyways. Now we are in a must win situation needing help from other teams to get in. Yes...I know this is posting the obvious but what do you all want to see (Including a Win) from this game at mile high???

Here is my short list:

1. Game Plan brought in by Coaches (after weeks of seeing the 8 man run defense do we yet have an answer early on for it?)

2. T.Jack must make some plays (Good decisions, good throws....In the playoffs or not show me you can go in and play up to your expectations in a Key Game)

3. Motivation (Are we flat again in a key matchup?? If so why??)

4. Making adjustments (Being able to change gears against the Defensive scheem if and when needed)

5. Players working hard and giving 110 percent regardless of other scores/outcomes (Show character/Heart....Leaving everything we have on the field at Mile High)

6. O-line domination (Can we beat down the smaller Denver D-line)

Honestly....It's super hard for me to get totally up for this game. On the one hand I am excited to still have an opportunity to see our team in the playoffs. On the other hand I feel if we do somehow get in.....we are backing in at best. Yea...I'll take it....but I am forced to wonder how far we would get in the playoff rounds??

Most of all...I want the team to play on a high note....win this game and hold on to positives achieved throughout the 07 season. There is a lot to build upon for 08....and think a lot of great Vikings football is yet to come in the very near future.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: OK/ Second Biggest Game Of The Season is Next

No, it is the biggest game.
    All of the others are done and over.
    When you prepare for a game each week that game is the biggest game of the season to a football team.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    When you prepare for a game each week that game is the biggest game of the season to a football team.

Yes....That is very true Ultravikings but my meaning was this: We had more control over our own fate/destiny as far as the playoff picture in last weeks game than we do this week. While I agree that the team should move forward and play this game to win....just like any other contest....this time we can do everythng right (I Hope we do) and still be looking at 08 for any post-season play because we don't control our own fate alone.

Also....I'd like to know what you want to see from this game?

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes....That is very true Ultravikings but my meaning was this: We had more control over our own fate/destiny as far as the playoff picture in last weeks game than we do this week. While I agree that the team should move forward and play this game to win....just like any other contest....this time we can do everythng right (I Hope we do) and still be looking at 08 for any post-season play because we don't control our own fate alone.

Cheers!
    1) I would like to see a couple of Power,sweeps and toss plays. Enough with the Stretch to get outside. Teams are ready for it. We are either too predictable or tipping based on scheme.

2) I'll like to see some more screens as well.

3) Do not abandon the run. Be stubbon if need be. We are not getting enough rush attempts.

Last game 25 attps ( yes we were down I know)
    Chi - 34 attpts
    San Fran - 31 attpts

Simply put, whose hands do you want the game in. TJ or AP.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I do not care whose hands wins the game, as long as we win.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!
    1) I would like to see a couple of Power,sweeps and toss plays. Enough with the Stretch to get outside. Teams are ready for it. We are either too predictable or tipping based on scheme.

3) Do not abandon the run. Be stubbon if need be. We are not getting enough rush attempts.

Chi - 34 attpts
    San Fran - 31 attpts

Your gonna be disappointed.

When you face a Defense like this one (Small and fast) that is designed to pursue side to side you don't run plays designed to go side to side.

You take your beefy players up front that out weight the other opponents by 30 to 40 pounds and beat the living shit out of them up the middle.
    And yes you keep doing it even if it doesn't work at first.
    It will eventually wear them down and in the second half you will see the benifits of your efforts.

Of course that game plan only works if you can stay within 10 to 14 points in the first half so you wouldn't want to have your QB try to throw things like Screens and swing plays that normally get broke up (cause turnovers) against a defense that is designed to negate those types of plays.

Look I am not picking on you here but people need to realize that throwing out sexy buz plays like screens sweeps, swing plays etc are just that.
    Sexy buzz words and if you don't realize how silly it is to try to run them against a defense like this you will be one of the guys that are beeeeyyyyyattchhhing why we didn't run any.

Face the facts people, we will play to our strengths.
    Attack the line, use play action and draws and pass (with our eyes closed) to keep them off balanced.
    Nothing sexy gonna happen but a drop down drag out inside the tackles.

Again Kevoncox not ranting on you.
    Just using your post to hammer home a few points.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Well....last week was the real Big one in my humble opinion anyways. Now we are in a must win situation needing help from other teams to get in. Yes...I know this is posting the obvious but what do you all want to see (Including a Win) from this game at mile high???

Here is my short list:

1. Game Plan brought in by Coaches (after weeks of seeing the 8 man run defense do we yet have an answer early on for it?)

2. T.Jack must make some plays (Good decisions, good throws....In the playoffs or not show me you can go in and play up to your expectations in a Key Game)

3. Motivation (Are we flat again in a key matchup?? If so why??)

4. Making adjustments (Being able to change gears against the Defensive scheem if and when needed)

5. Players working hard and giving 110 percent regardless of other scores/outcomes (Show character/Heart....Leaving everything we have on the field at Mile High)

6. O-line domination (Can we beat down the smaller Denver D-line)

Honestly....It's super hard for me to get totally up for this game. On the one hand I am excited to still have an opportunity to see our team in the playoffs. On the other hand I feel if we do somehow get in.....we are backing in at best. Yea...I'll take it....but I am forced to wonder how far we would get in the playoff rounds??

Most of all...I want the team to play on a high note....win this game and hold on to positives achieved throughout the 07 season. There is a lot to build upon for 08....and think a lot of great Vikings football is yet to come in the very near future.

Cheers!
    Excellent post my friend.

I'm getting using the excuse of "Lets see if they learned something from the last game" as a means to get up for this one.

Last game before we see them next year.

I for one will be celebrating a somewhat successful season that I believed showed alot of us what this team is being built to do.

Skol to the fans and the Vikings organization for a very exciting season.
    Heres to a better one next year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Cheers!

Chi - 34 attpts
    San Fran - 31 attpts

Your gonna be disappointed.

When you face a Defense like this one (Small and fast) that is designed to pursue side to side you don't run plays designed to go side to side.

You take your beefy players up front that out weight the other opponents by 30 to 40 pounds and beat the living pooh out of them up the middle.
    And yes you keep doing it even if it doesn't work at first.
    It will eventually wear them down and in the second half you will see the benifits of your efforts.

Of course that game plan only works if you can stay within 10 to 14 points in the first half so you wouldn't want to have your QB try to throw things like Screens and swing plays that normally get broke up (cause turnovers) against a defense that is designed to negate those types of plays.

Look I am not picking on you here but people need to realize that throwing out sexy buz plays like screens sweeps, swing plays etc are just that.
    Sexy buzz words and if you don't realize how silly it is to try to run them against a defense like this you will be one of the guys that are beeeeyyyyyattchhhing why we didn't run any.

Face the facts people, we will play to our strengths.
    Attack the line, use play action and draws and pass (with our eyes closed) to keep them off balanced.
    Nothing sexy gonna happen but a drop down drag out inside the tackles.

Again Kevoncox not ranting on you.
    Just using your post to hammer home a few points.

;D
    No offense taken. I was just added what I would like to see our offense do. Not only for this game but what I would like to see added to te mix. I veiw this defense is quite similar to DET on the LB level. This team is going to line up and put 9 in the box( lynch is already putting up a sleeping tent.) Like I said we need to do something to keep teams honest. TJack isn't the answer. Why not deversify the running game.
    You gameplan to your strenghts not the opponents weakness. Just my belief.

These aren't buzzwords that I am not using. I'm just looking for something besides stretch. IF we make the playoffs, We cannot continue to do only what we've been doing.

TheVike is offline Rookie

"Pass with our eyes closed..."
    Love it that is exactly what our QB does I thought and hoped we might giv3 it up to Bollinger 2nd half last week...oh well JMHO!

"TheVike" wrote:
    "Pass with our eyes closed..."
    Love it that is exactly what our QB does I thought and hoped we might giv3 it up to Bollinger 2nd half last week...oh well JMHO!
    Hey I made a funny without a smiley face.
    Is there hope for me?

Seriously though, I presume he wasn't passing with his eyes closed in during his 8 wins was he?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast