Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: OK Now I have to say Our Team Is Alot Better than It showed.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    But that doesn't fit with Wilfs philosophy of building for the long term. They have been bringing in talent to be here for an extended time and doing that would just give us a short term fix and screw with our Cap position in future years.

I like the idea of building the team up, but they need a few more pieces to form the Nucleus and a 9 year vet doesn't fit.
    i get what you are saying, and it makes perfect sense..i understand thats wilfs philosophy, but does it look like its going anywhere right now? even if t-jack does develop in the next 3-4 years..then were left with a team where kleinsasser, richardson, birk, pat williams, sharper, winfield have all probably retired..now youve got a young qb thats finally developed, but the run game has taken a step back now that birk/richardson/jimmy are gone, and hutch and mckinnie are getting old and are declining..on the other side of the ball, youve lost your 3 most important leaders in sharper, winfield and pat williams (all pro guys that arent easily replacable)

ive thought about this all before saying it, becasue if this team was poor in every aspect, then i wouldnt have suggested anything like this at all, but i feel the pieces are there to make a serious 2-3 year run with this team in tact rather than watching it fade away when the qb is eventually ready..this team has the running game, the offensive line, the run stoppers all of which are at an elite level, but its time to get the passing game, and the pass rush at an elite level in order to match that

for those that feel t jack is the future, bringing in mcnabb doesnt change that..jackson just gets time to learn from the right guy, and gets to do it on the bench rather than holding the team back being on the field..theres nothing wrong with him riding the bench for 2-3 years while this team concentrates on winning rather than development, when weve already got so many positions on this team that are already beyond developed

waiting 2-3 years with jackson playing is going to result in some sort of imbalance with the roster when some of the all-pros of the team start to decline, leave via FA, or retire anyways, so you might as well let him develop behind mcnabb while the team can try to balance the roster now..imagine adrian peterson running with a QB and receivers capable of 300+ yards a game, rather than jackson, who at his best, while playing mistake free football can only throw for 175

we just need to balance the roster..we have to match the explosiveness of the running game with a passing game, and the run stopping monster our defense is needs to be able to defend the pass just as well..this isnt stuff thatl just happen with time, as we need to add talent in those spots, and not developmental players
    ok now with that said those players getting older and retireing you alos looking at the fact that we have been drafting well enough to slowly bring in people to insert in place as those retire in their place alos. If i can say one thing about Chillys team we do draf the hell out of the world well. Get the most out of it. other than the QB we drafted this year which I dont know why we et him out to the open market, We have everyone here. So we can do with what we have continuing with TJack. and his
    men and getting more recievers on the vet side with some talent like Fitz ir Crayton etc. I am not that picky just not a Chicago reject please! I have had enough of those. Burleson would be a nice deal I hear he is a free agent this season somehow.
    But I am all for the ltr, not shortterm fix i am tired of the Denny green bring em back out of retirement era and use them for a year and send em with more $$ to another teaem to do damage agaisnt us once again. TJack is 5-1 last 6 games not bad but why is everyone on him...go after the play caller he has more to do with it when you keep the same proble,m of going straight into the 8-9 man front, into the direct middle of the pack and cant adjust on the run wthout having halftime to look at other set of plays. I still feel its more on play calling than TJack. Its a great offense if its "CALLED PROPERLY"
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Bring in McNabb with plans of him starting only for a year or 2. Until TJ is ready to run this team.

McNabb wouldn't have a big learning curve, as chilly was his OC. And the vikings will have the best short term solution available.

If nothing else McNabb is accurate enough to throw 30 times in a game and win most of the time.
    Why would he want to come here for a year,only to be replaced? Look at him, he wants to go somewhere and be THE MAN until he decides to retire. He will not go happily to a team that sees him as a band aid.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"olson_10" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    But that doesn't fit with Wilfs philosophy of building for the long term. They have been bringing in talent to be here for an extended time and doing that would just give us a short term fix and screw with our Cap position in future years.

I like the idea of building the team up, but they need a few more pieces to form the Nucleus and a 9 year vet doesn't fit.
    i get what you are saying, and it makes perfect sense..i understand thats wilfs philosophy, but does it look like its going anywhere right now? even if t-jack does develop in the next 3-4 years..then were left with a team where kleinsasser, richardson, birk, pat williams, sharper, winfield have all probably retired..now youve got a young qb thats finally developed, but the run game has taken a step back now that birk/richardson/jimmy are gone, and hutch and mckinnie are getting old and are declining..on the other side of the ball, youve lost your 3 most important leaders in sharper, winfield and pat williams (all pro guys that arent easily replacable)

ive thought about this all before saying it, becasue if this team was poor in every aspect, then i wouldnt have suggested anything like this at all, but i feel the pieces are there to make a serious 2-3 year run with this team in tact rather than watching it fade away when the qb is eventually ready..this team has the running game, the offensive line, the run stoppers all of which are at an elite level, but its time to get the passing game, and the pass rush at an elite level in order to match that

for those that feel t jack is the future, bringing in mcnabb doesnt change that..jackson just gets time to learn from the right guy, and gets to do it on the bench rather than holding the team back being on the field..theres nothing wrong with him riding the bench for 2-3 years while this team concentrates on winning rather than development, when weve already got so many positions on this team that are already beyond developed

waiting 2-3 years with jackson playing is going to result in some sort of imbalance with the roster when some of the all-pros of the team start to decline, leave via FA, or retire anyways, so you might as well let him develop behind mcnabb while the team can try to balance the roster now..imagine adrian peterson running with a QB and receivers capable of 300+ yards a game, rather than jackson, who at his best, while playing mistake free football can only throw for 175

we just need to balance the roster..we have to match the explosiveness of the running game with a passing game, and the run stopping monster our defense is needs to be able to defend the pass just as well..this isnt stuff thatl just happen with time, as we need to add talent in those spots, and not developmental players
    I don't think we are as close as you do.

I see problems at defensive end, corner,safety,left tackle and Right tackle on the OL along with WR, TE and QB.

We will not win a SB if those positions are not strengthened.

It isn't just the QB making bad throws, it is WR's and TE's dropping some good passes, it is linemen not blocking the right guy which leads to a hurried throw, a TE that drops 3 passes in the endzone that would have been TD's.
    It's a corner that gets out of position and is burned for a TD and a DE that is not pressuring the QB,which gives him time to complete a pass.

Super Bowl teams take care of these problems. We have not.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    if mcnabb really is available, then theres no reason for us not to go after him

as far as coles goes, id take him, but only if we were also signing bernard berrian..simpl y adding another good possession receiver doesnt help enough unless we brought is a great speed guy like berrian as well

coles, berrian, rice, wade, allison is a good receiving corp, especially with mcnabb throwing to them..thatd be the best corp of receivers mcnabb has ever played with..heck maybe even add in lj smith from philly as well through FA

this team absolutely needs a passing game to prevent peterson from being the football version of kevin garnett..its time this team made a big time splash in FA and through trades, and those are the guys that put us over the top

as far as im concerned we dont absolutely need our draft picks this year, and i think we should trade a number of them to bring in mcnabb and a receiver or defensive end..its time to make a run at the superbowl and skip this whole tarvaris jackson rebuilding crap

some of the best guys on this team dont have a ton of time left like birk, richardson, pat williams, sharper, and now winfield it appears with his nagging injuries..time to make some trades and big time signings to put this team in a position to win with some of these superstar vets running out of time

to top it all off, we need a real frickin football coach..bobby knight could get more out of this team than brad childress

^^^^
    i posted this in a different thread, but thats what needs to happen to make this a playoff contending football team..im starting to believe this current team fluked its way into this position..this is a football team on the verge of being forced to move to LA, and is losing more and more of its fan base every year..the vikings didnt sell out even half of their games this season, or last without relying on a big company buying 5000-10000 tickets for just about every game..time to make big moves, and show the league and fans that were serious about winning, and not just satisfied with merely trying to sell out games..the organization cant honestly believe that being stuck in a rebuilding like phase for 3-4 straight years is going to encourage the state to help build them a new stadium

look at new england..they were already the most stacked team in the league, but they went out and got adalius thomas, randy moss, donte stallworth, wes welker, and brought back asante samuel..they didnt make those moves because they had to, they made those moves to ensure they would be a championship football team..when is the last time the minnesota vikings made any offseason moves to ensure they would compete for a superbowl? probably never
    Yes there is.
    ive said it in other threads, now il add it to this one..as vikings fans, were so used to losing that making a number of huge moves and signings to actually try winning for a change scares the crap out of some of us

this team has to step up and make some big moves to vastly improve the on-field product or else theyl be shipped out of town..the twins got their stadium because they were red hot, unfortunately the vikings are headed in the wrong direction, wasting the final years of their pro bowl caliber players and holding everyone back just to wait on a Div 1-AA QB who played in a terrible conference that segregates itself
    No,

What we are used to is the management bringing in a QB who is past his prime who has not taken the team he is on to Super Bowl victory, but who they feel by bringing him to Minnesota something will change.

I have seen it with Moon, George,McMahon,Cunningham etc. And the one they brought in who had actually won the SB (Johnson) they benched in favor of an unknown rookie who is now the reason we are even talking about bringing in another Veteran.

I DO NOT want to go through that crap again where we bring in some Veteran who has worn out his welcome on his current team that comes here with a fragile ego for a year or two and then have to replace him when the management finds out he is who I though he was and we are starting all over again.

To be honest with you I would much rather sit back and watch Jackson to see if a light is ever going to come on than to bring in someone with a proven track record of injuries and coming up short in the big games.

Now, if you want to talk about an up and coming QB like Anderson(Who we will never spend the money to get) I am interested.
    anderson isnt possible because the browns will lock him up, otherwise, i wouldnt have any problem with that at all

mcnabb would be good beacuse im talking about a number of moves being made, and not just one for a QB..all those other names you mentioned were guys that were brought in because the rest of the team was there, but they felt a Qb put the team over the top..this team right now isnt close because there arent any receivers, nor is there a pass rush..a number of moves need to be made, and with some of the players out there that are available, this is the perfect offseason to get it all done, and make a real run at winning

the problem with waiting for jackson is that you sit around and watch the all pro guys on the roster age and miss out on a good part of their primes all because some unqualified head coach decided he would have his entire team put on hold just to wait for some guy cut out for the CFL

and ppl cant say the CFL comparison isnt a good one, because jackson is right there in the same mold as dave dickinson (cfl), henry burris (cfl), tee martin (out of football), aaron brooks (out of football), jarious jackson (cfl), casey printers (cfl)..all those guys played nearly the exact same sorta game as tarvaris when they had a shot at the nfl, and all failed, except for aaron brooks who had pretty good stretch with the saints, but now hes out of football and really not that old at all..theres really nobody currently in the nfl that you can compare jackson to that would give us any hope that he will turn out except maybe david garrard, but with a great running game, at least he can make something happen with his arm and his own leg

the percentages say this is a huge waste
    You know that is an old mentality from the previous regime that is gone.
    You don't sit and watch good players age and then the team sucks when they are gone my friend.
    A real NFL organization will do the following to make sure that doesn't happen.

a.
    Release thier asses when they aren't helping the team any more no matter how much certain fans love them.
    b.
    Draft well.
    Even if you have a 1200 yard rusher on your team you draft one to replace him as soon as he doesn't produce.
    c.
    Go out and get a Vet if the guy you drafted 2 or 3 years ago isn't capable of replacing that star.

Based on the drafting capabilities of this staff (and not just the Chiller) we will be fine with respect to future stars for a long time to come.

If you think I am wrong on this take a close look at teams that win in this era.
    They draft well, let aging players go, re-sing the good ones and if necessary, they will pick up a few vets to fill holes for a year or two.

Again, old school train of thought when you believe this team is gonna degrade into nothingness if you think just cause a Kevin Williams isn't gonna be on the field anymore.
    Can you name the guy who he replaced?
    If so can you name the guy that guy replaced?

Think about it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"purplepowered" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

ok now with that said those players getting older and retireing you alos looking at the fact that we have been drafting well enough to slowly bring in people to insert in place as those retire in their place alos. If i can say one thing about Chillys team we do draf the hell out of the world well. Get the most out of it. other than the QB we drafted this year which I dont know why we et him out to the open market, We have everyone here. So we can do with what we have continuing with TJack. and his
    men and getting more recievers on the vet side with some talent like Fitz ir Crayton etc. I am not that picky just not a Chicago reject please! I have had enough of those. Burleson would be a nice deal I hear he is a free agent this season somehow.
    But I am all for the ltr, not shortterm fix i am tired of the Denny green bring em back out of retirement era and use them for a year and send em with more $$ to another teaem to do damage agaisnt us once again. TJack is 5-1 last 6 games not bad but why is everyone on him...go after the play caller he has more to do with it when you keep the same proble,m of going straight into the 8-9 man front, into the direct middle of the pack and cant adjust on the run wthout having halftime to look at other set of plays. I still feel its more on play calling than TJack. Its a great offense if its "CALLED PROPERLY"
    Who is retiring that we have to replace?

Just because we have a hit with AD in the draft does not qualify our team as "getting the most" out of the draft.

It's funny how people wonder why we go up the middle when the box is stacked.
    Do you think we can hit the corners on every play?
    This is not college ball folks.
    You have to go up the middle.
    When supposedly have this super left side of our line and it is a lot easier to block up the gut.
    The run up the middle is to soften the D and get modest gains.
    Then you go off tackle and eventutally work the play action.
    If you have the line and the RB, you should get the gains up the middle.
    I know everybody is all ga ga over AD.
    But what I saw the past couple games is not the AD we saw weeks ago.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345