Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OK, Minnesota people...I have to know something...

If Wilf is to stick to his word Smith needs to be suspended, not cut.
    Smith did not endanger lives nor is his list of misdeeds long (though there is a list).

There may be a cultural difference, I do not know.
    I do know that if I saw a man naked I would call the police.
    I do not want to appraoch a naked man.
    Who is naked in public? Usually people under the influence of some sort of drug and they are always a little unpredictable.

I am not sure why the media absolutley grills the Vikes while the Bengals have fewer guys not arested than ones arrested and you hardly hear about it.
    Michael Irvin had more drug convictions then any three people alive and he annolunces for ESPN.
    Who knows why the Vikes get blasted.
    We can solve poverty today.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Have you ever met a very religious person? A person religious to the point of being on a crusade?

Maybe it was someone who was with their child. The fact that they had to have that conversation with their kid could have pissed them off to the point of calling.

All I am saying is there is no doubt in my mind there are people in this world that would call that in.

Blue hairs, parents, pastors, women..................
    And they all live in Minnesota.

Minnesota is a very liberal state with a lot of old fashion morals by many people. They jump at the chance to call 911 & report the slightest thing.

I grew up in Winona during the hot pants & bikini craze & we had a woman on the city council who fought hard to outlaw them on the beaches. She wanted women to wear only the one piece swimsuits in public.

I never really equated liberalism with old fasioned morals.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Have you ever met a very religious person? A person religious to the point of being on a crusade?

Maybe it was someone who was with their child. The fact that they had to have that conversation with their kid could have pissed them off to the point of calling.

All I am saying is there is no doubt in my mind there are people in this world that would call that in.

Minnesota is a very liberal state with a lot of old fashion morals by many people. They jump at the chance to call 911 & report the slightest thing.

I grew up in Winona during the hot pants & bikini craze & we had a woman on the city council who fought hard to outlaw them on the beaches. She wanted women to wear only the one piece swimsuits in public.

That's because you are from Pennsylvannia.

Minnesotans for a great part are very conservative in their ideals. Mostly the older generations.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Could also be the work of the "Tipster Hotline". Down in SE Minnesota, tipsters get paid by the local media for any newsworthy incidents they turn in.

Some people will do anything for a buck.

"singersp" wrote:
    Could also be the work of the "Tipster Hotline". Down in SE Minnesota, tipsters get paid by the local media for any newsworthy incidents they turn in.

Tell me you are kidding.
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

It's kinda funny I was thinking the samething. It's like the Viking players are being setup in a lot of the off-field problems. What Smith was stupid but I kinda find it hard that someone called the cops that early in the morning.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"AlabamaViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Tell me you are kidding.
    I'm not kidding

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

That's because you are from Pennsylvannia.

Minnesotans for a great part are very conservative in their ideals. Mostly the older generations.
    politically liberal and socially conservative. Think Scandanavian farmer. That's the stereotype anyway. And there are places where it's accurate and others where it's useless. I would think that the folks who frequent Block E in downtown minneapolis aren't necessarily the socially conservative types. Who knows what motivated the caller, but I don't think you can chalk it up to 'minnesota culture'. I'd guess that the caller was either 1) a jealous packer fan, 2) associated with the muck dredging wing of the media, or 3) both.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

maybe it was her cheesehead boyfriend..
    or someone who tried to pick her up and failed.. badly..

he saw her with a viking probably before the... incident and called it in..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have always had this conspiracy theory with the Twin Cities media that, being so close to the Wi border they have too many Packer faithful working for them.

Does anyone remember in 96 when the packers went to the super bowl and the metro TV station crews were having specials to celebrate it and wearing packers jackets? I specifically remember Belinda Jensen and I can't remember if it was Tim Mcniff or Ken Barlow but it really ticked me off to see a station in our state celebrating the packers like that.

It told me that there was someone higher up who had to approve that type of program and that leads me to question the loyaly of the media management to our team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast