Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

OK, Minnesota people...I have to know something...

Since I live all the way in Alabama, I have to ask this in light of the recent Dwight Smith incident...

The story states there was a phone call made about the "situation".
    Who makes a phone call to police about people doing things in a stairwell?
    Are things that boring around there that people have to call police?
    Now, if the report had read he was allegedly raping her, that I could see...but if someone is going to make a phone call and involve the law, don't you think they would be sure before they called.

The reason I am asking this of the Minnesotans on here is that these things just keep popping up where an "anonymous caller" calls in, or "someone reported".
    Who are these people and why do they feel the need to keep busting our boys?

Any responses would be welcome.
    Maybe it's the culture differences across borders...but many of us here in the South keep to ourselves as long as no one is getting hurt.

Until next time...

Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

Del Rio Guest

Re: OK, Minnesota people...I have to know something...

Have you ever met a very religious person? A person religious to the point of being on a crusade?

Maybe it was someone who was with their child. The fact that they had to have that conversation with their kid could have pissed them off to the point of calling.

All I am saying is there is no doubt in my mind there are people in this world that would call that in.

Blue hairs, parents, pastors, women..................

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del" wrote:
    Have you ever met a very religious person? A person religious to the point of being on a crusade?

Maybe it was someone who was with their child. The fact that they had to have that conversation with their kid could have pissed them off to the point of calling.

All I am saying is there is no doubt in my mind there are people in this world that would call that in.

And they all live in Minnesota.

Minnesota is a very liberal state with a lot of old fashion morals by many people. They jump at the chance to call 911 & report the slightest thing.

I grew up in Winona during the hot pants & bikini craze & we had a woman on the city council who fought hard to outlaw them on the beaches. She wanted women to wear only the one piece swimsuits in public.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

And they all live in Minnesota.

Minnesota is a very liberal state with a lot of old fashion morals by many people. They jump at the chance to call 911 & report the slightest thing.

I grew up in Winona during the hot pants & bikini craze & we had a woman on the city council who fought hard to outlaw them on the beaches. She wanted women to wear only the one piece swimsuits in public.

I find that so odd.
    I live in what most would call the "Bible belt" but it seems the Minnesotans have some deep seeded religion as well.
    I know growing up in Iowa it seemed a little different than here, but that was some time ago and I was much younger.

Maybe some of our guys are just not that bright to know what you guys know.
    Maybe we should all go to Winter Park and clue the team in on how things work around there...maybe they could be more careful.
    We could offer a lectureship on living in Minnesota and the does and don'ts...the other thing I thought was this...you know there are countless other guys out there on the team getting into situations where they have to make a choice...why don;t we ever hear from the guys who make the right decisions?
    Let's take Matt Birk for instance.
    He has probably been propositioned a few times in his days.
    I;m not saying he has not done anything about it...but at least he keeps the noce clean in public...you know?
    Maybe someones like him should give the lecture on how to really handle the situations that come up.
    It just makes you want to bash your head against a wall when you open up your news for the day and there is another Viking having issues.

Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

The media doesn't report the good things Vikings do because that doesn't sell papers.

The media reports on what we want to read- the bad.

It's not the media's fault. They just give the public what the public will take.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

check brett farve's phone records

SJHILL is offline Starter

I really don't thnik this situation has much to do with the population of Minnesota. Who knows what Dwight and this girl were doing. That person has a right to call the police if they are offended by it. Oh, and evertime a player gets in trouble it's there own fault. They make their own decisions and are responsible for them.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"AlabamaViking" wrote:

Let's take Matt Birk for instance.
    He has probably been propositioned a few times in his days.

Obviously you have never meet Birk, I wouldn't have used him as your example!

But thanks for the good laugh.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

OK, now I have a REAL issue...I just read this took place in the stairwell of a nightclub!
    A nightclub people...who would patronize a nightclub, where people go to pick up other people, and call in a report of indecent behavior?
    I mean, come on!
    That is like the deviel calling from hell to complain about the heat.
    Everyone in a nightclub is usually there for about 2-3 things...let's look in the mirror folks and stop singling someone out because they have the guts to do what you wish you had the guts to do.

Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

Whew,......where do I start with this,.......I think when Coach Childress stressed in public they were looking for players without "character issues", I think what he meant were folks who would NOT bring negative attention to the Minnesota Vikings in the wake (excuse the boat pun) of the "Loveboat" fiasco. Is this exactly the kind of thing BC was refering to? Probably, did "character issues" contribute to the release of K-Rob,....I'm sure it played some part. Will it result in Dwight Smith being released,.. I have no idea! Should it,.....I have no idea!! There are an awful lot of shades of grey here, which incident is worse? I don't think anyone will argue that k-rob put alot of innocent lives at risk, and by doing so this should be dealt with harshly. But on the other hand if you accept alcoholism as a disease, shouldn't we let the law and League dole out the punishment and offer k-robb another 90 day treatment program and an intensive after care program?

It is my understanding that the Dwight Smith incident was between two consenting adults. And although it shows incredibly poor judgement on Smith's behalf,......no one was in actual physical danger. However, this is exactly the type of embarrassment Zyggi & BC were trying to avoid. It could be argued that we seem to be deeper at WR then DB, and that is why, if in fact Smith stays with the team. As a matter of fact I fully expect those types of accusasions to start from just East of the St. Croix.

I'm glad it's not my call to make, but there is a part of me that thinks one of these guys needs a strong shoulder to lean on while he AGAIN tries to straighten out his life, and the other one needs a swift Kick in the Ash! You pick which one gets which, a case could be made for either!
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast