"amth" wrote:
    those coaches were just on my wish list

kififn would be tops for me but he isnt going anywhere
    Sure are wishful, eh? :lol:
    Whats the saying, have wishes in one hand and pooh in the other... :lol:

Ok, we will be nice to you. Shame on us. :wink:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ok lets try this with out name calling

I'm mostly intristed in a new set of coaches, Cotrell has got his stuff together as of late but he always seems to let me down in the long run, loney needs to go, rusty can stay, why get rid of him when the specail teams is playing its best in years.

Culpepper was just trying to do to much, BJ is smart, he knows he has a defense to back him so he doesn't put the team in stupid situation (fumbles and INT's). Pepp's got all the ability but he tries to do to much, once he learns, (and yes he is still young and will be strong for years to come) to become a smarter player, like SLIDE to avoud hits he'll be back in the pro bowl. Plus getting birk back and revamping that online won't hurt a bit.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"amth" wrote:
    what do we need to become an ELITE team?

i think alot has to do with attitude

we need a new coach thats for sure

i am thinking, Kiffin, Fisher or del Rio

i really like our d line they just need time to gell and learn

I honestly would like to see a big back maybe take a flyer on Jamal Lewis for a year use moore as a change of pace back

QB depands on pep's but i would like to see him more under control, his contract and turnovers i think we could get rid of him and pick up a veteran for a year or two with a rookie

Mckinnie should slide over to guard and we should pick up a lt who can handle speed

our WR i think is good as is i would like to keep taylor and Robinson

bennett, smoot both go

pick up a high energy vocal lb in a trade

i know most isnt doable but this is what i would liek to see
    I definitely think we should move McKinnie. He picked up a speed rusher last night, KGB, who last year was considered by many one of the best defensive ends. McKinnie is 6'9 he is way too tall to play guard. And if you want to move him because of his speed, you dont want him at guard, guards are required to pull, and our guards pull alot, on most outside running plays, and occasionally on traps and counters.

I agree that Bennett has to go, but not Smoot. Other than getting shat on by Steve Smith, he did not play that poorly. I think the only way we get rid of him is in a trade, cause Edwards and Bdub played awesome last night.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Jamal Lewis is trash so no.

I know for a fact that Jack Del Rio will not be leaving Jacksonville anytime soon.

Personally I like the team the way it is. If we can't have a guy step up at MLB and begin to lead this team in tackles and playmaking ability that is our biggest need. That is the only position I really want to see updated.

I would give Tice the option to stay at HC if he would accept a revamped set of cordinators.

I like the direction this team is going. They have something special going that I would want to be carried over to next season. Keep in mind a lot of our talent is raw and is young. This season and the strides they are making is making them stronger and better.

To be an Elite team the only thing you can add to this team to make it so called "elite," is time, and consitency. Consistency with health, with personel, ownership, everything.
    Del, I think that Vikez meant YOU as HC, not Jack Del Rio! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

We need a STUD RB and a solid D if we are gonna win the Super Bowl...everything else is pretty much interchangeable! No Herschel Walker-types need apply!!! If MeMo can be that stud, then we are halfway there...but we have to have a top 10, if not top 5, Defense to have a chance at winning it all...plus the offense needs to be able to put together two or three long drives like the one last night...we get all that on a consistent basis and we will be in business...the Super Bowl business!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Jamal Lewis is trash so no.

I know for a fact that Jack Del Rio will not be leaving Jacksonville anytime soon.

Personally I like the team the way it is. If we can't have a guy step up at MLB and begin to lead this team in tackles and playmaking ability that is our biggest need. That is the only position I really want to see updated.

I would give Tice the option to stay at HC if he would accept a revamped set of cordinators.

I like the direction this team is going. They have something special going that I would want to be carried over to next season. Keep in mind a lot of our talent is raw and is young. This season and the strides they are making is making them stronger and better.

To be an Elite team the only thing you can add to this team to make it so called "elite," is time, and consitency. Consistency with health, with personel, ownership, everything.
    Consistancy is why I don't like Tice. He doesn't believe in it apparently.

Why does he move the linemen around, in, and out on O?

The best player plays. The fact that he had to pull Rosey, means we don't have a best player there and we need one in the future. It may come in the draft or from the young players we already have but it needs to be addressed as much as MLB.

He obviously sees something in Herrera, and I have been talking about Herrera all week. The nasty-ness you saw last night in the game is the Raw talent that was mentioned in an article way back in week 2 or 3.
    I agree 100% with Del. Tice is still raw at the HC position, but he is headed in the right direction.

He's changing the O-Line around to find a set of players who have that consistency.

Loney has to go as do some of the other personel. Cotrell has shown improvement, but I don't believe he's our guy. How many tackles do you see where the defender actually wraps his arms around the guy?

I see way to much of the droping of the shoulders & just trying to knock the guy off his feet or simply push him out of bounds.

Another thing I would like to add is attitude. The line is not agressive enough to push the defensive line back. It's more like they just try to hold their ground & prevent the "D" from getting in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

CAINE! It was great to hear you call Red by his name. Hahhahahahahahhaahhaha. I miss all those posts.

Take away Peyton Mannings line, running game, D such that it is cause they are on the field a whole month at a time. Peyton gets hurt. Are you gonna "ROLL THE DICE!" on Peyton Manning? Tough to figure huh?

You do realize how good EJames is, right? How about looking at how many times Manning has been sacke the last two years. That is like 2 games for us...Ok, just joshing, it would take at least 3 games.

Yah, take that and Marvin Harrison, and his OC who he was arguing with...put Dungy on a one year contract, have the line coach be OC and line coach, and then he gets hurt.

Do you really wonder why Daunte sucked? I mean you really do?

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

There is a theory out there that Minn will trade Culpepper and Bennet to Arizona(Both were drafted by Green) And with that pick take Vince young of Texas.Who knows but interesting..
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    There is a theory out there that Minn will trade Culpepper and Bennet to Arizona(Both were drafted by Green) And with that pick take Vince young of Texas.Who knows but interesting..

NOOOO!!!! Vince Young IS NOT NFL ready...heck, he is probably not an NFL QB period! We would be regressing if we did that trade...I would rather see us take a stud RB if we actually were foolish enough to trade Pep...and let BJ take the reins for another year...but bring in someone like Patrick Ramsey or Philip Rivers to groom for the future...someone who has a couple of years in the NFL at least!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I like the Phil Rivers idea. This kid can be a solid QB in the NFL. Entertaining a trade with Pep is not a bad idea. Getting rid of him for nothing is foolish. I would like to see him come back but look at things in MN. First of all, we are no longer a high-flying passing offense. We are building more into a running team and improving our defense. Do you think Pep is geared to run a "running" offense? He would be great in a Raider style offense. Not just because Randy is there but they are built for the pass. I'm not completely sold on Vince Young wither except for the fact he can run. That can really help our style of O. Look at Vick in Atlanta.

Defensively, I honestly think we are improving. Smoot has not played poorly except for the Panther game. He had the most pass defenses on the team before his injury. He makes good tackles and quite frankly we need his attitude (when he backs it up). I did like D. Edwards' style of play against the Pack. B-Will is playing well. CC is playing well. Winfield, is a good tackler but I haven't seen the rave of him defending the pass well. I know a lot of you won't agree with me but he does let up a lot of catches his way. At LB they are growing and developing. EJ is playing well. Cowart is inconsistent. Thomas is better than he was. D-line is set. They just need to be more aggressive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast