Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

OK, it's finally time to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a lot of you know, I am Mr. Positive when it comes to the Purple, but I've finally had it with this organization!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

In ANY OTHER situation, the pass by Moss would be an interesting, if not totally tise, call. In this situation, it was the STUPIDEST, MOST IGNORANT, JACK-ASSED, ILL-CONCEIVED, SEASON-KILLING CALL I have EVER seen (in addition to being an unwise pass by Moss)! Number one, with your playoff life on the line (FORGET about the division now), you DO NOT call that play with the game on the line as well. But to me, the BIGGEST sin of all was not calling the play, but calling it on 1st down! :angryfire:

Here's what I see happening with our "team":

1) They are trying so hard NOT to repeat what happened last year that they are resorting to trick plays, abandoning what works best for them (where the HELL was the running game in the last 8 minutes of the game, when Onterrio Smith was crunching up yardage a good chunk of the day?), and making defensive changes just to make changes.

2) The defense is letting us down time and time again. I know everyone knows that our defense sucks, but I think it not only sucks, I think it's worse than last year! How is it that every mediocre quarterback in this league looks like an All-Pro after they play the Vikings? I don't think I have EVER seen their pass defense play this badly since I have been watching them (1970's). I don't know whether they are overmatched, badly coached, or they just are not very good, It certainly CAN'T be injuries - that's just an easy excuse.

3) You know what they say about gangrene: in order to stop it, you have to cut it off at the head (or something like that). I am completely being honest when I say this: Mike Tice is not a good coach. Don't get me wrong; I like the guy personally, and I think the players LOVE playing for him, but they need a HEAD COACH, NOT a buddy. I think he is too close to them, in a way, and they are not going to get over the hump with Tice coaching the way he is. I am all for letting him finish the season, but whether he stays or not must SOLEY depend on how the team finishes the year. Even if they make the playoffs, if they finish worse than 10-6 (in other words they MUST WIN OUT), I say he should go.

4) Talent level. We all know what needs to be done. Enough said.

5) Get a new owner. RED MUST GO - the easiest way to improve this team is through their talent level, and that comes from signing quality free agents. Plain and simple, the owner MUST be willing to spend some money. One free agent (Winfield) is not enoughto help the defense. That falls on the owner in my book.

Thanks for letting me vent, and feel free to comment as needed!

SKOL VIKES!

(P.S. - I bleed purple, and I will NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, give up on this team!)
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Haneef87 is offline Rookie

what do u mean by talent level?

Blog Entries

Specifically the talent level on the defense, mainly the secondary...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Why cant we have a defense

Cmon, this is really sad. Our secondary, idk why we are so bad i just feel like crying and i thinkim gonna have a heart attack :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i just cant take this pain anymore. I just wonder why were leavin guys wide open to score tds we suck too bad on d thats why we lost 6 games all 6 games cuz of defense. Elite teams have defense, even green bay has a better defense than us. They are just a bunch of retards playing. EJ Henderson isnt doing shit hes a bust, brian russel and corey chavous both suck, their slow and cant tackle and got lucky last year and brian williams is also a huge fluke, he couldnt even cover bobby wade on the bears. Idk why im saying this im just so frustrated :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Our offense has the best talent of receivers and runningbacks and 2nd best talented qb and linehan still picks his ass and cant call good plays. cmon more rockets downfield please more smash mouth running to onterrio, i wanna see some more counters please. Man i miss jimy kleinsasser he made our offense work

skogs02 is offline Starter

right now i miss good ole' denny green

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: OK, it's finally time to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!

"shockzilla" wrote:
    As a lot of you know, I am Mr. Positive when it comes to the Purple, but I've finally had it with this organization!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

In ANY OTHER situation, the pass by Moss would be an interesting, if not totally tise, call. In this situation, it was the STUPIDEST, MOST IGNORANT, JACK-ASSED, ILL-CONCEIVED, SEASON-KILLING CALL I have EVER seen (in addition to being an unwise pass by Moss)! Number one, with your playoff life on the line (FORGET about the division now), you DO NOT call that play with the game on the line as well. But to me, the BIGGEST sin of all was not calling the play, but calling it on 1st down! :angryfire:

1) They are trying so hard NOT to repeat what happened last year that they are resorting to trick plays, abandoning what works best for them (where the HELL was the running game in the last 8 minutes of the game, when Onterrio Smith was crunching up yardage a good chunk of the day?), and making defensive changes just to make changes.

2) The defense is letting us down time and time again. I know everyone knows that our defense sucks, but I think it not only sucks, I think it's worse than last year! How is it that every mediocre quarterback in this league looks like an All-Pro after they play the Vikings? I don't think I have EVER seen their pass defense play this badly since I have been watching them (1970's). I don't know whether they are overmatched, badly coached, or they just are not very good, It certainly CAN'T be injuries - that's just an easy excuse.

3) You know what they say about gangrene: in order to stop it, you have to cut it off at the head (or something like that). I am completely being honest when I say this: Mike Tice is not a good coach. Don't get me wrong; I like the guy personally, and I think the players LOVE playing for him, but they need a HEAD COACH, NOT a buddy. I think he is too close to them, in a way, and they are not going to get over the hump with Tice coaching the way he is. I am all for letting him finish the season, but whether he stays or not must SOLEY depend on how the team finishes the year. Even if they make the playoffs, if they finish worse than 10-6 (in other words they MUST WIN OUT), I say he should go.

5) Get a new owner. RED MUST GO - the easiest way to improve this team is through their talent level, and that comes from signing quality free agents. Plain and simple, the owner MUST be willing to spend some money. One free agent (Winfield) is not enoughto help the defense. That falls on the owner in my book.

SKOL VIKES!

I agree with every word 100% except that unless we win the Superbowl this year, Tice should go.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"skogs02" wrote:
    right now i miss good ole' denny green
    For offense, anyway...Denny's defenses still sucked!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why cant we have a defense

"Haneef87" wrote:
    Cmon, this is really sad. Our secondary, idk why we are so bad i just feel like crying and i thinkim gonna have a heart attack :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i just cant take this pain anymore. I just wonder why were leavin guys wide open to score tds we suck too bad on d thats why we lost 6 games all 6 games cuz of defense. Elite teams have defense, even green bay has a better defense than us. They are just a bunch of retards playing. EJ Henderson isnt doing shit hes a bust, brian russel and corey chavous both suck, their slow and cant tackle and got lucky last year and brian williams is also a huge fluke, he couldnt even cover bobby wade on the bears. Idk why im saying this im just so frustrated :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Whatever dude, 1) EJ is in his second year, first year of starting with two different defensive cordinators. He's young, MLB position is not cake and it takes awhile for it to slow down, i highly disagree with you, tell me who has done so much better than EJ in his second year of playing MLB in the NFL. Moron remark!
    2) Did you see chavous gettting burned today because i dont think they threw his direction once today, Chavous is smart, not blazing fast or six foot but hes a ball player. Tell me who's gonna replace him.
    3) This is probably the stupidest remark you made. #29 is a good CB, still young at 24 years old but i see him as our #2 along side Winfield for some time. Teams would kill to half a CB that tackles like him. Not to mention his good coverage skill. People can say this and that about BW but hes a good CB IMO.

Blog Entries

Re: OK, it's finally time to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

SKOL VIKES!

I agree with every word 100% except that unless we win the Superbowl this year, Tice should go.
    What I meant was win the rest of our regular-season games... Super Bowl WOULD be nice, however! :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast