Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ok, here is the deal (division predictions)

All the stuff I said about "congratulations Vikings for winning the division in 2005" was just to avoid getting banned right away. But Webby and ultravike both knew right away who I was, and they decided to give me a 2nd chance on the site anyway.

The real deal is that I honestly think the Packers will win the division again, and that you guys will choke. But I'm not here to pointlessly bash the Vikings without backing it all up with facts, and I'm not gonna try to stir crap up.

With all of that said, here are my predictions for the NFC North.

Packers 10-6 (Tiebreaker)
    Vikings 10-6
    Lions 8-8
    Bears 7-9

I know what you'll all say. The Vikings added (insert name of overrated player here) and so on. Big deal, it's been that way for the last 3-5 years. Every year the Packers don't stand a chance according to the people on this site, there's just no way for us to win and it's insane for us to believe we can beat the Vikings. And look what happened.

Bottom line is, make no mistake about it, we are the team to beat in the north right now, and you still haven't dethroned us, despite the playoff victory. Have you made big improvements? Yes. Do you look better on paper? Yes. Did you look better on paper the last two years? Yes, but you still didn't win the divison. Don't bother telling me about how this year is going to be different, and how this year is the year you guys dominate, because I've heard it ALL before.

Space Coyote Guest

Re: Ok, here is the deal (division predictions)

OK...but over the last few years have the Packers declined as a team at all? Or in your opinion are they "just as good as last year?"

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

Heres how I think it'll go down:

Vikings 11-5
    Lions 8-8
    Packers 8-8
    Bears 7-9

I think the division will be much deeper this year, with the Lions making some strides, Bears having a good draft, and the Pack still has Favre.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsChokeJobComingSoon" wrote:
    All the stuff I said about "congratulations Vikings for winning the division in 2005" was just to avoid getting banned right away. But Webby and ultravike both knew right away who I was, and they decided to give me a 2nd chance on the site anyway.

The real deal is that I honestly think the Packers will win the division again, and that you guys will choke. But I'm not here to pointlessly bash the Vikings without backing it all up with facts, and I'm not gonna try to stir crap up.

Vikings 10-6
    Lions 8-8
    Bears 7-9

I know what you'll all say. The Vikings added (insert name of overrated player here) and so on. Big deal, it's been that way for the last 3-5 years. Every year the Packers don't stand a chance according to the people on this site, there's just no way for us to win and it's insane for us to believe we can beat the Vikings. And look what happened.

Bottom line is, make no mistake about it, we are the team to beat in the north right now, and you still haven't dethroned us, despite the playoff victory. Have you made big improvements? Yes. Do you look better on paper? Yes. Did you look better on paper the last two years? Yes, but you still didn't win the divison. Don't bother telling me about how this year is going to be different, and how this year is the year you guys dominate, because I've heard it ALL before.
    I am sure you have heard the opinion of every single vikes fan on here for the last 3-5 years. How in the world do you think that the Packers have improved one bit? The Vikings have the Packers haven't. Name one good thing that the packers did this offseason? did najeh shit in another closet?
    Here is what we did

offseason acquisitions:
    Trades-
    Sam Cowart, LB
    Napoleon Harris, LB
    1st round draft pick (#7) (used on Troy Williamson)

Free Agency-
    Darren Sharper, S
    Fred Smoot, CB
    Pat Williams, NT/DT
    Brad Johnson, QB

Draft (or what matters of the draft).
    round 1, Pick 7- Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
    Round 1, Pick 18- Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
    round 4, Ciatrick Fason, RB, FLA

don't give me any of that overrated stuff. Maybe some of these players are a bit overrated but not all of them. I am sure that you were saying the Sharper was overrated when he was on the Packers. Congraduf***inlations on your 0-16 season. :thebirdman:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Do we HAVE to start this already? We haven't even made it to Training Camp yet.

But, I know it's coming, bring it on!

Vikings
    Lions
    Bears
    Packers

It's not fair that you guys are playing for a better draft pick so early in the season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Since you dont want to hear about who we picked up lets talk about who you lost. You lost your best two O Linemen you dont know if your WR is going to hold out or what. You lost Sharper you had a terrible draft also. Bottom line is you guys arent going to win 10 games with a worse team and an older Brett Favre. Arizona has a better chance to win 10 games than the Packers.

According to all the professionals we are the team to beat and are a Superbowl caliber team to.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Dude, the Packers have done absolutely nothing to improve their team. Yes, you added Jim Bates who is a very good defensive coordinator...but you have such crappy players that it wont matter.

The offseason for the Packers has been a total nightmare. No free agent help, you lose 2 pro bowl guards, and now you have J Walk holding out and Ahman/Al Harris in trouble with the law. I havent even read into this Bubba Franks story yet, but I bet its promising.

We have improved our team, you have not. Reality will sink in soon enough.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsChokeJobComingSoon" wrote:

Vikings 10-6
    Lions 8-8
    Bears 7-9

I not worried about the Packers. I'm worried about the Bears. I think the Packers and Lions will fight to stay out of last postion. But I think the Bears having REX back will be a threat.

1.Vikes
    2.Bears
    3.Lions
    4.Packers

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

he is right though, until we beat them there the team to beat.. but if i had to say one time out of a hundred that im 99% sure we will beat them in the division, it would have to be this year.. The fact is they got worse over the offseason and we got significantly better.. plain and simple.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the packers are gonna have an easy time with cedric bensen, mike williams and troy williamson this year, what with all the improvements the packer defense made this year.

vikings first place.
    lions or bears grabbing a wildcard spot
    packers last place
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast