Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ok...Fred Smoot's trash talk is a LITTLE over the top

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    that's what Smoot is all about, he brings attitude to the Defense!! its ok as long as he brings skill this year!!
    Attitude is what Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher bring. Attitude is "I'm going to knock your f-ing head off if you get in my space." What Smoot does is just being a loud mouth. It doesn't accomplish a thing, it's not even intimidating.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I saw that clip a long time ago on NFL network. Chad Johnson sure seemed to like it. I have no problem with him talking trash.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I actually watched the whole thing.. Chad Johnson is one impressive WR.. Johnson does back up everything he says.. Any ball remotely close to that guy he brings out of the air.. He has the moves of Steve Smith, the catching ability of Randy Moss, and the line hugging moves of Cris Carter.. That guy is great..

Now to Smoot, if he runs his mouth and backs it up, then I see no reason for him to stop.. He gets the other team out of their zone by talking smack, and if it benefits the Vikings, then I am all for it.. If he gets burned like he did against Steve Smith last season, then he needs to shut it.

crazyB is offline Starter

i second that if he can back it up on the field then go ahead and talk smack all you want, if he find's it hard to back up his talking smack then true he need's to keep his mouth shut.
    didn't Smoot talk smack before he came to the vikings?.. if so we can't complain much but hey i don't mind so long as he can back it all up on the field come game day's.
    8)

8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I actually watched the whole thing.. Chad Johnson is one impressive WR.. Johnson does back up everything he says.. Any ball remotely close to that guy he brings out of the air.. He has the moves of Steve Smith, the catching ability of Randy Moss, and the line hugging moves of Cris Carter.. That guy is great..

Now to Smoot, if he runs his mouth and backs it up, then I see no reason for him to stop.. He gets the other team out of their zone by talking smack, and if it benefits the Vikings, then I am all for it.. If he gets burned like he did against Steve Smith last season, then he needs to shut it.
    I was wondering how long it would take that to get brought up. Does anybody else get tired of hearing the same old uninformed argument again and again? Seriously, the best CB in the history or future of the NFL couldn't have covered Smith that game because of the way the defense was being run. He was out of position every play by design. If you actually watch the game, you can see Smoot getting more and more frustrated at the defensive scheme as the game went on. Shortly afterwards, Tice stepped in and ripped up Cottrell’s playbook.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take that to get brought up. Does anybody else get tired of hearing the same old uninformed argument again and again? Seriously, the best CB in the history or future of the NFL couldn't have covered Smith that game because of the way the defense was being run. He was out of position every play by design. If you actually watch the game, you can see Smoot getting more and more frustrated at the defensive scheme as the game went on. Shortly afterwards, Tice stepped in and ripped up Cottrell’s playbook.
    hey, i think we are all in agreence that smoot only got burned last year by smith because of the playbook..
    i m better than you, so just give up...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    that's what Smoot is all about, he brings attitude to the Defense!! its ok as long as he brings skill this year!!
    Attitude, schmattitude. The Vikings are paying him to defend receivers and pick-off passes not yap like a puppy while he gets burned.

Ever notice that the greatest of all-time types (Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Ronnie Lott, etc.) didn't need to yowl and jaw and otherwise bring attention to themselves? They did it by making plays.

Smoot needs to make some plays. Period. Otherwise he's yet another in a long line of big-mouthed busts.

=Z=
    Geeze there are a lot of people in here whining about a little smack talking. :roll: There are a lot of great players that talk a lot of smack. Should we make a list? Every player has his own style. Smoot pumps himself up talking. So what.

Smoot had a tough year last year. Playing injured, crappy coaches calling the D. We had a lot of good players on D that didn't look all that great last year. IMO it didn't have a lot to do with the players or their skills or their desire. The game planning just didn't give them much of a chance to succeed.

WWBGD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123