Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OK can someone explian this?

Which QB took their team to the playofs?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    Name---Team--G----QBRat--Comp--Att--Pct---Yds---Y/G-----Y/A--TD--Int--Rush--Yds--Y/G---Avg--TD--Sack--YdsL--Fum--FumL
    Young----TEN---15----71.1--238---382--62.3--2546--169.7----6.7---9---17----93---395--26.3--4.2---3----25-----157-----9-----3
    Jackson--MIN---12----70.8--171---294--58.2--1911--159.3----6.5---9---12----54---260--21.7--4.8---3----19------70------5----3

Cutler----DEN---16----88.1--297---467--63.6--3497--218.6----7.5---20--14----44---205--12.8--4.7---1----27-----153-----11----4
    Can't say other than the fact that Vince Young gets more attention due to his performance in college and especially the championship game when he rallied Texas to beat USC led by Matt Leinart while absolutely nobody knew who TJ was. Plus Young started early in his first year and led the Titans to victory while TJ was still on Chilly's pacifier.

That being said I am not impressed with Young and have no confidence in him having a long career.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Which QB looked like shit in the playoffs? 16/29 138 yards and a pick!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    I would say Brady, Peyton, Hasselbeck, Farve, and maybe Rivers "took their team to the playoffs."

Roethlisberger, Eli, Garcia, Collins, and Romo were just along for the ride.
    And the Titans and Jags made it to the playoffs despite Garrard and Young.

Again, if it is between Young and TJack, I would take TJack every time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I would say Brady, Peyton, Hasselbeck, Farve, and maybe Rivers "took their team to the playoffs."

Roethlisberger, Eli, Garcia, Collins, and Romo were just along for the ride.
    And the Titans and Jags made it to the playoffs despite Garrard and Young.

Again, if it is between Young and TJack, I would take TJack every time.
    Good post

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    Name---Team--G----QBRat--Comp--Att--Pct---Yds---Y/G-----Y/A--TD--Int--Rush--Yds--Y/G---Avg--TD--Sack--YdsL--Fum--FumL
    Young----TEN---15----71.1--238---382--62.3--2546--169.7----6.7---9---17----93---395--26.3--4.2---3----25-----157-----9-----3
    Jackson--MIN---12----70.8--171---294--58.2--1911--159.3----6.5---9---12----54---260--21.7--4.8---3----19------70------5----3

Cutler----DEN---16----88.1--297---467--63.6--3497--218.6----7.5---20--14----44---205--12.8--4.7---1----27-----153-----11----4
    Vince Young did alot in his rookie year and earned rookie of the year, plus made the big plays at the end of games to win. Jackson is starting to get more respect from the media but he is not a household name like vince young. Vince has been healthier than jackson too. Young had 600 more yards passing and 145 more rushing yards.
    When you look at career numbers vince young's are more impressive

pass yards

rush yards

total touchdowns

jackson

young

I think also it hurts Jackson that he plays behind the number one rushing attack in football. You do bring up a good point though, I will take jackson much more seriously now, and lower my view of Young(but I still think Young will be a great NFL Quarterback).
    VY = overrated. Every good play, and everyone is all "Wow, he's so great." Every bad play and everyone ignores it. Plus VY has 2x as many starts as Jackson, so multiples Jackson by two and it's neck and neck (except rushing, but who cares when you've got AD and CTay)

I'd take Jackson over Young any day too
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    A lot of people look at name recognition instead of actual performance.
    Young won ROY last year, so a lot of people assume that he is a great QB.
    The fact is that he isn't a bad QB, but he certainly didn't impress this year.

To be honest, I would take TJ over Young right now.

yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:

yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    Ahhh....I do not want a QB like Young, or Vick, or any of those running QB's?

Can anyone name a scrambling, running QB to win a SB?

Give me a good solid passer that knows when to get out of the pocket, knows when to take a sack, and knows enough to live for another play.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:

Give me a good solid passer that knows when to get out of the pocket, knows when to take a sack, and knows enough to live for another play.
    idk did cunnighamm when one? what about that guy for the redskins? young was kinda a runner.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Ranger is offline Coach

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:

Depends upon your definition of a runner.
    As was mentioned, Steve Young was definitely fond of the scrambling, as all Vikings fans should be well aware of.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast