Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72
  1. #11
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    Which QB took their team to the playofs?

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    Name---Team--G----QBRat--Comp--Att--Pct---Yds---Y/G-----Y/A--TD--Int--Rush--Yds--Y/G---Avg--TD--Sack--YdsL--Fum--FumL
    Young----TEN---15----71.1--238---382--62.3--2546--169.7----6.7---9---17----93---395--26.3--4.2---3----25-----157-----9-----3
    Jackson--MIN---12----70.8--171---294--58.2--1911--159.3----6.5---9---12----54---260--21.7--4.8---3----19------70------5----3

    Cutler----DEN---16----88.1--297---467--63.6--3497--218.6----7.5---20--14----44---205--12.8--4.7---1----27-----153-----11----4
    Can't say other than the fact that Vince Young gets more attention due to his performance in college and especially the championship game when he rallied Texas to beat USC led by Matt Leinart while absolutely nobody knew who TJ was. Plus Young started early in his first year and led the Titans to victory while TJ was still on Chilly's pacifier.

    That being said I am not impressed with Young and have no confidence in him having a long career.

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "Garland" wrote:
    Which QB took their team to the playofs?
    Which QB looked like shit in the playoffs? 16/29 138 yards and a pick!

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "Garland" wrote:
    Which QB took their team to the playofs?
    I would say Brady, Peyton, Hasselbeck, Farve, and maybe Rivers "took their team to the playoffs."

    Roethlisberger, Eli, Garcia, Collins, and Romo were just along for the ride.
    And the Titans and Jags made it to the playoffs despite Garrard and Young.

    Again, if it is between Young and TJack, I would take TJack every time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Which QB took their team to the playofs?
    I would say Brady, Peyton, Hasselbeck, Farve, and maybe Rivers "took their team to the playoffs."

    Roethlisberger, Eli, Garcia, Collins, and Romo were just along for the ride.
    And the Titans and Jags made it to the playoffs despite Garrard and Young.

    Again, if it is between Young and TJack, I would take TJack every time.
    Good post

  6. #16
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    Name---Team--G----QBRat--Comp--Att--Pct---Yds---Y/G-----Y/A--TD--Int--Rush--Yds--Y/G---Avg--TD--Sack--YdsL--Fum--FumL
    Young----TEN---15----71.1--238---382--62.3--2546--169.7----6.7---9---17----93---395--26.3--4.2---3----25-----157-----9-----3
    Jackson--MIN---12----70.8--171---294--58.2--1911--159.3----6.5---9---12----54---260--21.7--4.8---3----19------70------5----3

    Cutler----DEN---16----88.1--297---467--63.6--3497--218.6----7.5---20--14----44---205--12.8--4.7---1----27-----153-----11----4
    Vince Young did alot in his rookie year and earned rookie of the year, plus made the big plays at the end of games to win. Jackson is starting to get more respect from the media but he is not a household name like vince young. Vince has been healthier than jackson too. Young had 600 more yards passing and 145 more rushing yards.
    When you look at career numbers vince young's are more impressive







    pass yards

    rush yards

    total touchdowns


    jackson


    2386







    337







    15
    young



    4745







    947







    31

    I think also it hurts Jackson that he plays behind the number one rushing attack in football. You do bring up a good point though, I will take jackson much more seriously now, and lower my view of Young(but I still think Young will be a great NFL Quarterback).
    VY = overrated. Every good play, and everyone is all "Wow, he's so great." Every bad play and everyone ignores it. Plus VY has 2x as many starts as Jackson, so multiples Jackson by two and it's neck and neck (except rushing, but who cares when you've got AD and CTay)

    I'd take Jackson over Young any day too
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  7. #17
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    A lot of people look at name recognition instead of actual performance.
    Young won ROY last year, so a lot of people assume that he is a great QB.
    The fact is that he isn't a bad QB, but he certainly didn't impress this year.

    To be honest, I would take TJ over Young right now.

    yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  8. #18
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    A lot of people look at name recognition instead of actual performance.
    Young won ROY last year, so a lot of people assume that he is a great QB.
    The fact is that he isn't a bad QB, but he certainly didn't impress this year.

    To be honest, I would take TJ over Young right now.

    yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    Ahhh....I do not want a QB like Young, or Vick, or any of those running QB's?

    Can anyone name a scrambling, running QB to win a SB?

    Give me a good solid passer that knows when to get out of the pocket, knows when to take a sack, and knows enough to live for another play.

  9. #19
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    A lot of people look at name recognition instead of actual performance.
    Young won ROY last year, so a lot of people assume that he is a great QB.
    The fact is that he isn't a bad QB, but he certainly didn't impress this year.

    To be honest, I would take TJ over Young right now.

    yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    Ahhh....I do not want a QB like Young, or Vick, or any of those running QB's?

    Can anyone name a scrambling, running QB to win a SB?

    Give me a good solid passer that knows when to get out of the pocket, knows when to take a sack, and knows enough to live for another play.
    idk did cunnighamm when one? what about that guy for the redskins? young was kinda a runner.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  10. #20
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: OK can someone explian this?

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    I was browsing through Yahoo stats and could not help but post this. How come VY is viewed as a better QB than T-Jack? Or better still, how come T-Jack is viewed as not being NFL calibre and VY is being touted as a great find?
    I just cant help but wonder. Here are the numbers from Yahoo...
    A lot of people look at name recognition instead of actual performance.
    Young won ROY last year, so a lot of people assume that he is a great QB.
    The fact is that he isn't a bad QB, but he certainly didn't impress this year.

    To be honest, I would take TJ over Young right now.

    yea right. young in our offesne would be unstoppable. run for two downs drop back scramble for first down. repeat.
    Ahhh....I do not want a QB like Young, or Vick, or any of those running QB's?

    Can anyone name a scrambling, running QB to win a SB?

    Give me a good solid passer that knows when to get out of the pocket, knows when to take a sack, and knows enough to live for another play.
    Depends upon your definition of a runner.
    As was mentioned, Steve Young was definitely fond of the scrambling, as all Vikings fans should be well aware of.


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: OK can someone explian this?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 07:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •