Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    a female sportswriter. nothing she say will ever be taken seriously
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #22
    tgorsegner's Avatar
    tgorsegner is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    786

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    This isn't to say the Vikings should have kept Robinson. He had his chance, blew it and deserved his outcome. But by signing Allen the Vikings prove a familiar truism in sports: Principles only apply when someone can't produce.
    She obviously does not realize we were counting on Robinson, and have been f'd over at wide receiver ever since. Hopefully Berrian can change that this year.


    VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D
    His 31 million is spread out over four years.
    If he does something stupid before he hits the later part of his contract, he loses 15+ million.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080425&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2
    I have no issues with anything she wrote.

    =Z=
    I take it you didn't get to the part where she called you a dickhead?

  5. #25
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080425&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2
    I have no issues with anything she wrote.

    =Z=
    I take it you didn't get to the part where she called you a dickhead?
    Lmao damn I gotta go back and read that article again.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  6. #26
    VikingsMB's Avatar
    VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    361

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    Jemele Hill likely lives in the Los Angeles area, cheers for the Raiders, and is not so much PO'd at Allens's character than how many first, second and third rounders the divisional rival, Chiefs have.

    1.
    Comparing to K-rob?
    A different time for the club when it was coming off the love boat scandal and did not


    need any more issues.
    Remember the Vikes took K-Rob knowing that HE already had issues and took that


    chance.
    Granted, we hope that Allen works out.
    2.
    K-Rob had professional help...and where did that land him.
    People don't need professional help to tell them


    they can change.
    Maybe Hill is not familiar with a personal desire to change...and doing it.
    3.
    Senator John Marty will likely be looking for playoff tickets this year and using his political position to get them.


    He says what's good for him.
    4.
    Jemele's column's are all about getting rises out of people.
    (Did it again!)

    I did, however, like the part about the Vikings buying the NFC Division title.
    She does know some things.

  7. #27
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    i at least understand why some people would think this way, it is a possibility and we need to be aware of that.
    At least she still showed a little Purple Love, she just suggests to be cautious..

    No, the Vikings won't compete for a perfect season, but by adding Jared Allen, one of the most ferocious defensive ends in the NFL, Minnesota made itself a serious contender to win the NFC.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D
    It's not correct - God, people.

    Here's the deal:
    $16 million is guaranteed THIS SEASON.
    That is the signing bonus.
    The rest of the $31 million in guaranteed money is in ROSTER bonuses over the next few seasons.
    That's why it's not "guaranteed" - because the Vikings COULD cut Allen after this season and they won't owe him that money.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D
    It's not correct - God, people.

    Here's the deal:
    $16 million is guaranteed THIS SEASON.
    That is the signing bonus.
    The rest of the $31 million in guaranteed money is in ROSTER bonuses over the next few seasons.
    That's why it's not "guaranteed" - because the Vikings COULD cut Allen after this season and they won't owe him that money.

    =Z=
    I thought it was pretty straight-forward.
    By now people should have confidence in Brzezinski.
    The deal was setup so, if he goes off the wagon, the Vikings aren't totally screwed.
    If there's one person you should have faith in at Winter Park, it is Brzezinski.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D
    It's not correct - God, people.

    Here's the deal:
    $16 million is guaranteed THIS SEASON.
    That is the signing bonus.
    The rest of the $31 million in guaranteed money is in ROSTER bonuses over the next few seasons.
    That's why it's not "guaranteed" - because the Vikings COULD cut Allen after this season and they won't owe him that money.
    I thought it was pretty straight-forward.
    By now people should have confidence in Brzezinski.
    The deal was setup so, if he goes off the wagon, the Vikings aren't totally screwed.
    If there's one person you should have faith in at Winter Park, it is Brzezinski.
    Yes - but people need to realize that there aren't any special clauses in the contract relating to his drinking.
    The current CBA prohibits that.
    It's just that the guaranteed money is spread out over the first 3 (or 4) years of the deal.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oh floop me in my white flooping floop lovin' ass!
    By baumy300 in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
  2. Floop The WCO
    By aaeyers in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. Sean Hill
    By ap07 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 06:15 AM
  4. The "Shaun Hill" G!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
  5. Shaun Hill voting
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •