Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    She is really only writing the facts, and bringing them out for others to see.

    I don't really agree with the way she wrote it, but she just states the facts.
    Well she is entitled to her opinion I guess.
    But I do think there are worse things in the league right now than this.

  2. #12
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I feel a bit of a racial undercurrent to her comments...especially when she compared the Koren Robinson situation to this one.
    Yeah, she traditionally seems to write about touchy race subjects. I got the same vibe from the Koren comparison as well. She was right about being upset with Don Imus, but sometimes she plays the race card too much. Like I said though, it's what she is known for. I never want to bring it up since race is such a touchy subject.

  3. #13
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #14
    hailtocarter's Avatar
    hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    598

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I feel a bit of a racial undercurrent to her comments...especially when she compared the Koren Robinson situation to this one.
    Agreed

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    I kindof thought it was a decent article.

    Also, I like it when she sits in for Jim Rome.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    Jemele, I like your columns alot, but this one is wrong. The Vikings shouldn't have to question Jared Allen's past because he truely has changed. I live in Kansas City and everyone knows here that he has absolutely quit drinking. He took the time that he was devoting to drinking and devtoted it towards charity work in the community of KC. Roger Goodell was impressed with his change that he cut his 4 game suspension in half, which cannot be said about Pacman, who has shown very little change in his character. So what would the Vikings have to question the signing? I am very dissappointed that Allen and the Chiefs couldn't agree on a long-term contract and am sad to see him leave. But I am, and always will be, a Jared Allen fan. Congratulations on the trade Vikings, you got yourself a hell of a football player.
    That reply made me feel really good
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I am not a fan of hers, but she didn't write anything that was a lie.
    She didn't lie, but she manipulated the truth.

    Specifically when questioning why we would sign Allen after cutting Robinson for "the same thing". The two situations were vastly different, with the most important part being that Robinson was a Viking when he led police on a drunken high speed chase.
    She is trying to imply that there is an inconsistancy in how we treat athletes who are great versus athletes who are not.


    There is nothing inconsistent about the Vikings signing someone who had drinking problems in their past.
    In fact, I would argue that giving a player who is making an effort to beat those demons is consistent, considering the KoRo signing.
    But if Allen falls off the wagon and gets into trouble, like KoRo did, then I would expect the same reaction.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "baumy300" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080425&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2
    I have no issues with anything she wrote.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I am not a fan of hers, but she didn't write anything that was a lie.
    She didn't lie, but she manipulated the truth.

    Specifically when questioning why we would sign Allen after cutting Robinson for "the same thing". The two situations were vastly different, with the most important part being that Robinson was a Viking when he led police on a drunken high speed chase.
    She is trying to imply that there is an inconsistancy in how we treat athletes who are great versus athletes who are not.


    There is nothing inconsistent about the Vikings signing someone who had drinking problems in their past.
    In fact, I would argue that giving a player who is making an effort to beat those demons is consistent, considering the KoRo signing.
    But if Allen falls off the wagon and gets into trouble, like KoRo did, then I would expect the same reaction.
    I wouldn't say she manipulated it - she just omitted those details.

    I still don't disagree with what she wrote.
    It's a valid issue.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I am not a fan of hers, but she didn't write anything that was a lie.
    She didn't lie, but she manipulated the truth.

    Specifically when questioning why we would sign Allen after cutting Robinson for "the same thing". The two situations were vastly different, with the most important part being that Robinson was a Viking when he led police on a drunken high speed chase.
    She is trying to imply that there is an inconsistancy in how we treat athletes who are great versus athletes who are not.


    There is nothing inconsistent about the Vikings signing someone who had drinking problems in their past.
    In fact, I would argue that giving a player who is making an effort to beat those demons is consistent, considering the KoRo signing.
    But if Allen falls off the wagon and gets into trouble, like KoRo did, then I would expect the same reaction.
    I agree Nodak!
    The situations are vastly different in that K-Rob blew his chance.
    They are vastly similar because both Allen and Robinson got a chance.

    Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oh floop me in my white flooping floop lovin' ass!
    By baumy300 in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
  2. Floop The WCO
    By aaeyers in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. Sean Hill
    By ap07 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 06:15 AM
  4. The "Shaun Hill" G!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
  5. Shaun Hill voting
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •