Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Oh floop you Jemele Hill...

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    She is really only writing the facts, and bringing them out for others to see.

I don't really agree with the way she wrote it, but she just states the facts.
    Well she is entitled to her opinion I guess.
    But I do think there are worse things in the league right now than this.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I feel a bit of a racial undercurrent to her comments...especially when she compared the Koren Robinson situation to this one.
    Yeah, she traditionally seems to write about touchy race subjects. I got the same vibe from the Koren comparison as well. She was right about being upset with Don Imus, but sometimes she plays the race card too much. Like I said though, it's what she is known for. I never want to bring it up since race is such a touchy subject.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I feel a bit of a racial undercurrent to her comments...especially when she compared the Koren Robinson situation to this one.
    Agreed

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I kindof thought it was a decent article.

Also, I like it when she sits in for Jim Rome.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Jemele, I like your columns alot, but this one is wrong. The Vikings shouldn't have to question Jared Allen's past because he truely has changed. I live in Kansas City and everyone knows here that he has absolutely quit drinking. He took the time that he was devoting to drinking and devtoted it towards charity work in the community of KC. Roger Goodell was impressed with his change that he cut his 4 game suspension in half, which cannot be said about Pacman, who has shown very little change in his character. So what would the Vikings have to question the signing? I am very dissappointed that Allen and the Chiefs couldn't agree on a long-term contract and am sad to see him leave. But I am, and always will be, a Jared Allen fan. Congratulations on the trade Vikings, you got yourself a hell of a football player.
    That reply made me feel really good
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    I am not a fan of hers, but she didn't write anything that was a lie.
    She didn't lie, but she manipulated the truth.

Specifically when questioning why we would sign Allen after cutting Robinson for "the same thing". The two situations were vastly different, with the most important part being that Robinson was a Viking when he led police on a drunken high speed chase.
    She is trying to imply that there is an inconsistancy in how we treat athletes who are great versus athletes who are not.

There is nothing inconsistent about the Vikings signing someone who had drinking problems in their past.
    In fact, I would argue that giving a player who is making an effort to beat those demons is consistent, considering the KoRo signing.
    But if Allen falls off the wagon and gets into trouble, like KoRo did, then I would expect the same reaction.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080425&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2
    I have no issues with anything she wrote.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

Specifically when questioning why we would sign Allen after cutting Robinson for "the same thing". The two situations were vastly different, with the most important part being that Robinson was a Viking when he led police on a drunken high speed chase.
    She is trying to imply that there is an inconsistancy in how we treat athletes who are great versus athletes who are not.

There is nothing inconsistent about the Vikings signing someone who had drinking problems in their past.
    In fact, I would argue that giving a player who is making an effort to beat those demons is consistent, considering the KoRo signing.
    But if Allen falls off the wagon and gets into trouble, like KoRo did, then I would expect the same reaction.
    I wouldn't say she manipulated it - she just omitted those details.

I still don't disagree with what she wrote.
    It's a valid issue.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

I agree Nodak!
    The situations are vastly different in that K-Rob blew his chance.
    They are vastly similar because both Allen and Robinson got a chance.

Maybe if she got her facts straight she'd understand that only half of that 31 million is actually guaranteed in case he does something stupid.
    I hadn't heard of any provisions.
    If that is correct, Stallion then I'm even more happy(if possible) than I was before! ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast