Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress denies wrongdoing in offseason conversations with Brett Favre[/size]

    Childress denies offseason communication with Favre was improper

    By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]

    Article Last Updated: 07/27/2008 11:58:56 PM CDT



    MANKATO, Minn. — Vikings coach Brad Childress stood up for himself Sunday....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    [size=13pt]Childress: NFL knows where I stand on charges[/size]

    July 27th, 2008 – 5:08 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    Vikings coach Brad Childress said following today’s practice that he had no immediate reaction to reports by ESPN and Sports Illustrated in which Packers quarterback Brett Favre said he has talked to Childress but that it was never about playing for the Vikings...

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    [size=13pt]Longwell calls Favre situation “unique”[/size]

    July 27th, 2008 – 10:42 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    MANKATO — Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell spent his first nine seasons as a member of the Green Bay Packers and watched Brett Favre lead the team to plenty of victories in that time. Now, Longwell is watching from a distance as the Favre saga plays out in Green Bay.....

    I know he talks to a lot of people a lot of the time and really more on a friendship [level] and to see what’s going on than anything business wise. Brett’s the last person to talk about business when he leaves the field I can promise you that.”

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    [size=13pt]Childress defends talking to Favre[/size]

    blogs.twincities.com


    Vikings coach Brad Childress defended his communication with Brett Favre and said he’s hopeful that a resolution will come soon regarding the tampering charges the Green Bay Packers have filed with the NFL against his team....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    Thanks for the articles Singer.
    If thye were to charge the Vikes with Tampering then other teams like the Eagles would have to be charged as well.
    Nothing is going to happen here.
    If it does the Vikings would have a clear cut case to appeal it.
    Unless someone comes out and admits they spoke to Favre about becoming a Viking nothing is there.

    Hopefully this entire saga will be done in the next couple of days when TT supposedly takes care of things to resolve the issues.

  6. #26
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    How were the 49ers proved to have tampered with the Bears?
    Did they have actual recordings of the conversation?
    I'm just curious as to how they actually proved it to the point where SanFran had to forfeit picks and such.

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    How were the 49ers proved to have tampered with the Bears?
    Did they have actual recordings of the conversation?
    I'm just curious as to how they actually proved it to the point where SanFran had to forfeit picks and such.
    They were caught with internal emails discussing Briggs.
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/03/25/49ers-tampering-story-theres-definitely-more-damning-evidence-than-just-2-phone-calls/
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    How were the 49ers proved to have tampered with the Bears?
    Did they have actual recordings of the conversation?
    I'm just curious as to how they actually proved it to the point where SanFran had to forfeit picks and such.
    They were caught with internal emails discussing Briggs.
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/03/25/49ers-tampering-story-theres-definitely-more-damning-evidence-than-just-2-phone-calls/
    Interesting... So a team can't even discuss the potential acquisition of player signed to a different team internally?


    I didn't read anything in that article that says they emailed Briggs or his agent...just the tidbit about the two phone conversations...which plays back to the Minny/GB deal.
    How do you prove what was said on a phone conversation.
    For SF/CHI they could have been contacting Rosenhaus about a different player of his coming off of contract...still somewhat confused as to the actual proof, unless it IS illegal to discuss contracted players internally.

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    How were the 49ers proved to have tampered with the Bears?
    Did they have actual recordings of the conversation?
    I'm just curious as to how they actually proved it to the point where SanFran had to forfeit picks and such.
    They were caught with internal emails discussing Briggs.
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/03/25/49ers-tampering-story-theres-definitely-more-damning-evidence-than-just-2-phone-calls/
    Interesting... So a team can't even discuss the potential acquisition of player signed to a different team internally?


    I didn't read anything in that article that says they emailed Briggs or his agent...just the tidbit about the two phone conversations...which plays back to the Minny/GB deal.
    How do you prove what was said on a phone conversation.
    For SF/CHI they could have been contacting Rosenhaus about a different player of his coming off of contract...still somewhat confused as to the actual proof, unless it IS illegal to discuss contracted players internally.
    It is circumstantial proof.
    Remember, this is not a court of law, so you don't have to prove anything beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    IN this case you had
    1) SF accused of tampering
    2) Phone records of conversations between SF and Rosenhaus
    3) Internal emails talking about getting Briggs.
    The timeline of the emails were critical because they were right in the same time as the alleged tampering, and they referred to conversations with Rosenhaus.

    #1 and #2 aren't enough.
    But add #3 in there, and it becomes fairly clear...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    How were the 49ers proved to have tampered with the Bears?
    Did they have actual recordings of the conversation?
    I'm just curious as to how they actually proved it to the point where SanFran had to forfeit picks and such.
    They were caught with internal emails discussing Briggs.
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/03/25/49ers-tampering-story-theres-definitely-more-damning-evidence-than-just-2-phone-calls/
    Interesting... So a team can't even discuss the potential acquisition of player signed to a different team internally?


    I didn't read anything in that article that says they emailed Briggs or his agent...just the tidbit about the two phone conversations...which plays back to the Minny/GB deal.
    How do you prove what was said on a phone conversation.
    For SF/CHI they could have been contacting Rosenhaus about a different player of his coming off of contract...still somewhat confused as to the actual proof, unless it IS illegal to discuss contracted players internally.
    It is circumstantial proof.
    Remember, this is not a court of law, so you don't have to prove anything beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    IN this case you had
    1) SF accused of tampering
    2) Phone records of conversations between SF and Rosenhaus
    3) Internal emails talking about getting Briggs.
    The timeline of the emails were critical because they were right in the same time as the alleged tampering, and they referred to conversations with Rosenhaus.

    #1 and #2 aren't enough.
    But add #3 in there, and it becomes fairly clear...
    Excellent post.
    It seems as though GB may be missing on bit of evidence to have the Vikings convicted by the NFL...I guess we will just have to let this thing play itself out to be sure.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Karl Dunbar denies allegations of sexual assault
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 01:51 PM
  2. More Favre Allegations
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:14 AM
  3. Roethlisberger denies civil allegations of sexual assault
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
  4. Childress Denies Trade Request from Johnson
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
  5. Favre admits to cheating
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •