Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

"singersp" wrote:
    What PFT conveniently left out of his talk with Peter King.....

Favre also said the Vikings have not tampered with him. He said he talked to Minnesota coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell but he talks to a lot of coaches in the offseason.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/favre-wont-repo.html

: Same 'ole PFT! Only telling part of the story & blowing the rest of it out of proportion.

You know my opinion on this. All papers write what they want as a means to spin it to meet thier own agenda, however, on this one I have to agree and add..........

PFT is absolutely the worst when it comes to what they post/write/spin.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Favre also said the Vikings have not tampered with him. He said he talked to Minnesota coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell but he talks to a lot of coaches in the offseason.

: Same 'ole PFT! Only telling part of the story & blowing the rest of it out of proportion.

You know my opinion on this. All papers write what they want as a means to spin it to meet thier own agenda, however, on this one I have to agree and add..........

That's why I call them,
    PFFFFT.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

That's why I call them,
    PFFFFT.
    LOL.
    I usually don't hack on them much as there are 3 or 4 posters who I respect on here who think they do good work.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

u know..

i still hope they get burned for the whole.. he used a gb issued phone speech.

would luv that. they get stuck with farve, and fined!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

as long as brett favre hadnt yet reinstated, he can talk to anybody he wants
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

Actually, he is still under contract with the Pack til after the 2010 season, and listed under a special, retired sort of PUP that does not count against their roster, but maintains his rights.
    Sure, he can talk to anyone, just not about joining their team unless GB allows it, as they have with TB and NYJ.

Yeah, I hope the feds go after them for their illegal gathering of phone records!
    ;D
    Stinking Pukers!!!

Thanks for trying to clear us Brett!!
    Now, I think the only way this hurts us is if the NFL found some email or text evidence at Viking headquarters, cuz there's no way to prove what was said on those phone calls, and I bet they could find all sorts of other coaches/assisstants etc that he talked to.

Yeah, PFT definitely twists things, but most of the time, I'm guessing, it is based on sarcasm and/or what their gut feeling is on the situation.
    I tend to find it pretty funny, and then can get the real story by clicking on the link provided.
    And then, there is their pic of the day, did you guys see the one with Farve heading to NY?
    Funny Fricken pooh!!

;D
    Just checked it for the link, and there is more now!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/media/pic-of-the-day/

The Packers agree to bring Favre back, if he agrees to wear this hat to every press conference of the season.

[img width=450 height=416]http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/favre_drama.jpg[/img]
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This sounds like good news to me... If Brett Favre says they didn't tamper and they have no evidence of phone records barring a lawsuit by Brett Favre for stealing his phone records, then the Packers and the League have nothing. If it was a team issued phone and they do have phone records, they're still screwed by the league with it being against league rules to have one. Packers FO is filled with idiots..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Read the top of the page on where you read about this on PFT. It says very clearly "RUMORS." You can say anything you want in a rumor whether it's true or not. It's your rumor and your opinion. Frankly, I enjoy reading PFT's stuff. Some of it is "spot on." If you want them to stop repeating rumors the way they see them, then you should, too.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

NO ALL CAPS!!!

Please review the forum rules.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Favre soap opera gets new life[/size]

The retired-but-I-don't want-to-be quarterback admits to communicating with Vikings coach Brad Childress.

By JUDD ZULGAD , Star Tribune

Last update: July 28, 2008 - 5:19 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast