Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    de_real_deal is offline Training Camp

Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

Very.....not good for Vikings

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/27/favre-admits-talking-to-childress-denies-tampering-allegations/

In Peter King’s latest item on SI.com regarding the status of the Brett Favre situation, King also addresses the still-smoldering tampering case between the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings.

Favre admitted to King that he talked not only to Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, but also to head coach Brad Childress.
    Reports King:
    “[H]e said he talks to both men and text-messages them often, as well as to other NFL coaches in and out of season.”

And King offers this quote from Favre regarding Favre’s recent interview with the NFL V.P. of security, Milt Ahlerich, as to the tampering case:
    ”I have no qualms about admitting I talked to them.
    Talking with Milt, he said, ‘Brett, did they entice you?’
    I said no, ‘I don’t need to be enticed anywhere.’
    They absolutely did not entice me to come to Minnesota.”

But, as we understand it, conscious and deliberate “enticement” isn’t the test for tampering.
    Even if Favre decided on his own that he wanted to play for the Vikings, and then called Childress to ask if it would be feasible, any answer from Childress other than “I can’t talk to you about that, Brett” would constitute tampering.

Bottom line?
    The Vikings might be giving up one or more draft picks even without trading for Favre.
    And so it might be wise for the Vikings to offer a first-day pick in 2009 not only for Favre’s rights, but also for a withdrawal of the tampering charges.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"

If it looks bad for the Vikes then it looks bad for all the other coaches he talks to as well.

Reports King:
    “[H]e said he talks to both men and text-messages them often, as well as to other NFL coaches in and out of season.”
    Give it up my friend.
    There just isn't anything there.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I still hate Favre!

The guy is not very bright and just cost us draft picks, why would anybody want him on the Vikings?

Favre go work on your farm and stop making a fool of yourself!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I still hate Favre!

The guy is not very bright and just cost us draft picks, why would anybody want him on the Vikings?

Favre go work on your farm and stop making a fool of yourself!
    Did you read the article Whack?
    Why do you think he cost us picks?
    He talks to other coaches.
    Are they gonna have to give up picks as well?

Long story short, this is nothing more than the PUKER organization using this to steer the PR train.
    In no way does it constitute a loss of picks (yet) based on what we know.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Geez I can't wait for this guy to either walk away or go get sent away out of the division and hopefully out of the confrence. This story has been allowed to much time on NFL Network,ESPN and other media outlets.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Oh boy "FAVRE ADMITS TALKING TO CHILDRESS, DENIES TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS"
    Well, at least 4 of the letters weren't capitalized.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Just trade him to Minnesota, already, and be done with this. Minnesota has a history of foolish dealings… Herschel “Cybil” Walker is the one most noted, as they apparently gave up one pick per personality.

LMAO!

But, as we understand it, conscious and deliberate “enticement” isn’t the test for tampering.
    Even if Favre decided on his own that he wanted to play for the Vikings, and then called Childress to ask if it would be feasible, any answer from Childress other than “I can’t talk to you about that, Brett” would constitute tampering.
    Good luck proving how he replied. That is unknown. Also unknown is if he in fact even inquired about playing for those teams. That is not even mentioned at all.

All he did was answer the question, "Did they entice you?"

The fact that he states he talks to coaches in & out of season means he has done this over the course of the years. It doesn't mean he's talking to them about playing there.

What PFT conveniently left out of his talk with Peter King.....

Favre also said the Vikings have not tampered with him. He said he talked to Minnesota coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell but he talks to a lot of coaches in the offseason.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/favre-wont-repo.html

: Same 'ole PFT! Only telling part of the story & blowing the rest of it out of proportion.

[size=13pt]Favre denies Vikings tampered[/size]

Posted: Sunday July 27, 2008 08:13AM ET

fannation.com

Brett Favre flatly denied the Minnesota Vikings had tampered with him as he considered whether to return to play earlier this month...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's the link to Peter King's article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/27/favre.camp.deadline/index.html

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast