Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ogunleye

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

ogunleye

Hey how in the world can the pats use the 3-4 one week, the 4-3 the next week and be successful...are their players smarter than ours or what???? I wish I knew the trick because then we could do both and have an interchangeable amount of guys playing because we have the players but a piece missing here or there...but i like the 3-4 approach just as long as it doesn't make us a liability at rushing the passer...inthe 3-4 you have to blitz a lot more than one would want and that leaves guys open in coverage...

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

Meh, I didn't think Mixon's thing would be that big of a deal. You were right, it was. Even if he only gets the 4 games, who is too say he won't do it again?

Steve Martin, and Tyrone Carter aren't going to help that much. I'm pretty sure we had Henderson and Nattiel and Williams on the roster last season. Nattiel won't play much, Williams and Hovan in the middle will make things slightly better, but, Without either ends, I just don't see how its going to work. We won't have a pass rush and not even Antoine Winfield can cover someone for ever.

Last year, at the end of the season we had a pass rush. Without Mixon, it will be hard to have that. Not neccessarily because he was an awesome pass rusher, but because he was good, and teams had to watch out of for him at least a little bit. So it will be a big loss not having him.

Our Linebackers did well inpart because they had Nick Rogers at the end of the year. We don't have him this year.

Winfied is the only solid addittion to our defense. But he won't be able too do crap if the quarterback has 7 seconds or longer to throw. Plus, teams will still be able to run at us. Basically what I am trying to say if that we were 2 players away from being a kick-ass defense, and right now, we are 3. Hopefully Boulware is there in the second and Smith is there at 19.

The defensive line is the most important part of the defense. we've got Hovan and Williams. Who are good, but you can't even have a decent line with just 2 good players and 2 crappy players.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Meh, I didn't think Mixon's thing would be that big of a deal. You were right, it was. Even if he only gets the 4 games, who is too say he won't do it again?

Steve Martin, and Tyrone Carter aren't going to help that much. I'm pretty sure we had Henderson and Nattiel and Williams on the roster last season. Nattiel won't play much, Williams and Hovan in the middle will make things slightly better, but, Without either ends, I just don't see how its going to work. We won't have a pass rush and not even Antoine Winfield can cover someone for ever.

Last year, at the end of the season we had a pass rush. Without Mixon, it will be hard to have that. Not neccessarily because he was an awesome pass rusher, but because he was good, and teams had to watch out of for him at least a little bit. So it will be a big loss not having him.

Our Linebackers did well inpart because they had Nick Rogers at the end of the year. We don't have him this year.

Winfied is the only solid addittion to our defense. But he won't be able too do crap if the quarterback has 7 seconds or longer to throw. Plus, teams will still be able to run at us. Basically what I am trying to say if that we were 2 players away from being a kick-ass defense, and right now, we are 3. Hopefully Boulware is there in the second and Smith is there at 19.

The defensive line is the most important part of the defense. we've got Hovan and Williams. Who are good, but you can't even have a decent line with just 2 good players and 2 crappy players.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

NEWS FLASH: WE STILL HAVE NICK ROGERS! How is it fair to compare our team we had during last years season to our team right now? We haven't had the draft yet, and are still gonna sign a significant FA or 2 after the draft. If you are gonna be fair in your comparisons, you need to compare the vikes before the draft last year, to this years team. If that is the case, then we are much better off this year.

Last year at this time we only had one good DT, now with the addittion of Kevin Williams, our midle of the D-Line is complete. Last year our 2nd DT at this time was Robbins, now our 3rd DT is Martin, who is better than Robbins in my opinion. Last year we had Claiborne, Biekert and Crockett as our starting LB's, this year we have claiborne, EJ and whoever we end up drafting or picking up in FA. We had all kinds of questions at safety last year at this time, now we have a known pro bowler there and a guy who lead the NFL in int's. Compare last years projected starting CB's at this time to this years. Denard walker and Kenny Irvin last year, to Winfield and Brian Williams. We have a shutdown corner this year, even Tice said after we signed walker last year that he was not a shutdown corner. Kenny Irvin is now our #3 CB and Brian williams has more experience and looked great last year. We have the same DE's right now, that we had last year, except for the fact that we are gonna loose Mixon for 4 games. He is still gonna play next year, so I'm sure we would be alright if Johnstone, Rogers, and Kevin Williams played some of his DE spot while he was gone. Then we would only have a need for one DE.

Yes, we need a DE or 2 and a LB, but you can't compare our complete team of last year, to our imcomplete team right now. We are gonna get some good players in the draft, as well as a FA or two.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by muchluv4moss

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

NEWS FLASH: WE STILL HAVE NICK ROGERS! How is it fair to compare our team we had during last years season to our team right now? We haven't had the draft yet, and are still gonna sign a significant FA or 2 after the draft. If you are gonna be fair in your comparisons, you need to compare the vikes before the draft last year, to this years team. If that is the case, then we are much better off this year.

Last year at this time we only had one good DT, now with the addittion of Kevin Williams, our midle of the D-Line is complete. Last year our 2nd DT at this time was Robbins, now our 3rd DT is Martin, who is better than Robbins in my opinion. Last year we had Claiborne, Biekert and Crockett as our starting LB's, this year we have claiborne, EJ and whoever we end up drafting or picking up in FA. We had all kinds of questions at safety last year at this time, now we have a known pro bowler there and a guy who lead the NFL in int's. Compare last years projected starting CB's at this time to this years. Denard walker and Kenny Irvin last year, to Winfield and Brian Williams. We have a shutdown corner this year, even Tice said after we signed walker last year that he was not a shutdown corner. Kenny Irvin is now our #3 CB and Brian williams has more experience and looked great last year. We have the same DE's right now, that we had last year, except for the fact that we are gonna loose Mixon for 4 games. He is still gonna play next year, so I'm sure we would be alright if Johnstone, Rogers, and Kevin Williams played some of his DE spot while he was gone. Then we would only have a need for one DE.

Yes, we need a DE or 2 and a LB, but you can't compare our complete team of last year, to our imcomplete team right now. We are gonna get some good players in the draft, as well as a FA or two.

I totally agree with you. Mixion is only going to be out for a little while NOT the entire year like some people are making it sound like. If we can get ONE solid DE eather through the draft or FA we will be fine. Johnstone, Wiley, and Rogers can fill in just fine until Mixion can come back. But we do need to get one good DE.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

ogunleye

I have also heard that Mixon might no t be out any time at all. A report written by Vikingupdate.com included a little blurb about how Mixon may pay a $500,000 to avoid the 4 game suspension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqdmdqbzAxBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwNs dG4-?slug=citadel-2_248474_63&prov=citadel&type=story

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

since when is Nick Rogers a pro bowler...christ, thats what Vikeman makes him out to be...all hail the savior NICK ROGERS!!!! Once he starts we will be a top 5 defenense.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

Actually buddy, I don't think I said he was a Pro-Bowler. I don't think you can despite that when he was starting our defense played a lot better, that is somewhat of a credit to having his speed on the linebacker core. Rogers is a good linebacker and we wouldn't need to look for another starter if he had kept him there. Depth, yes, of course. You're twisting my words around, now get over this grudge you have against me, quit twisting my words, get a brain, and learn how to debate.

I know we still have Nick Rogers, I was talking about the Linebackering corps not having him.

Who is going to be released after June First? or who are we going to try to sign after the draft? Who are we going to draft thats going to be so good? There are some possibilities, but we'd have to get lucky to get them. I'm looking at it, and its hard to be optomisstic. Just because we went on a spending Spree and got 1 Key player doesn't mean we neccesarily improved on defense over last year.

I hope Mixon pays the fine, if thats an option. But either way, the guy has had 4 DUIs in the last 2 years, We saw how Chaimberlyn got really out of shape during his suspension, anyway, anyone here want to bet $100 that Mixon won't get drunk again? If you do, $100 doesn't mean that much to you, or you take a lot of high risk, risks.

I think our defense is going to be majorly improved if the situation with Mixon is resolved painlessly, and we can find a good starting linebacker and a good starting DE - or 2 good starting DEs and Mixon can be suspended. I'm looking at things right now. Seeing Udeze and smith likely being gone, and the probability of the getting the type of DE we need in the second round considerbly less than getting it in the first. Looking FAs, potential and current, seeing their price tags, and their talent level... I'm saying, right now, in this position, I'm hesitant to be as optomisstic as most are.

Should we resolve these issues, there is nothing holding us back from joining the elite defenses in the league. I think, personally, that Smith will be there in the first, and We can take Boulware in the second. I'm hoping Kenny has learned his lesson and things will turn out of with that,a nd I think our defense will no longer be a liability (It wasn't too much last year either, only for 5 out of 16 games).
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

ogunleye

Actually buddy, I don't think I said he was a Pro-Bowler. I don't think you can despite that when he was starting our defense played a lot better, that is somewhat of a credit to having his speed on the linebacker core. Rogers is a good linebacker and we wouldn't need to look for another starter if he had kept him there. Depth, yes, of course. You're twisting my words around, now get over this grudge you have against me, quit twisting my words, get a brain, and learn how to debate.

I know we still have Nick Rogers, I was talking about the Linebackering corps not having him.

Who is going to be released after June First? or who are we going to try to sign after the draft? Who are we going to draft thats going to be so good? There are some possibilities, but we'd have to get lucky to get them. I'm looking at it, and its hard to be optomisstic. Just because we went on a spending Spree and got 1 Key player doesn't mean we neccesarily improved on defense over last year.

I hope Mixon pays the fine, if thats an option. But either way, the guy has had 4 DUIs in the last 2 years, We saw how Chaimberlyn got really out of shape during his suspension, anyway, anyone here want to bet $100 that Mixon won't get drunk again? If you do, $100 doesn't mean that much to you, or you take a lot of high risk, risks.

I think our defense is going to be majorly improved if the situation with Mixon is resolved painlessly, and we can find a good starting linebacker and a good starting DE - or 2 good starting DEs and Mixon can be suspended. I'm looking at things right now. Seeing Udeze and smith likely being gone, and the probability of the getting the type of DE we need in the second round considerbly less than getting it in the first. Looking FAs, potential and current, seeing their price tags, and their talent level... I'm saying, right now, in this position, I'm hesitant to be as optomisstic as most are.

Should we resolve these issues, there is nothing holding us back from joining the elite defenses in the league. I think, personally, that Smith will be there in the first, and We can take Boulware in the second. I'm hoping Kenny has learned his lesson and things will turn out of with that,a nd I think our defense will no longer be a liability (It wasn't too much last year either, only for 5 out of 16 games).

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Nick Rogers is gonna be an every down DE. If we have Mixon for the whole year, or even for 12 games, then that leaves only the other DE spot. Again I say we have the same DE's as we had last year, and we will add another via FA or the draft. Rogers will be available to play LB if we need him to, but I don't expect we will. We will find a LB in the draft or FA. I don't think we will need to get lucky to get some good players in the draft. I thought the draft has 1st round talnet that will be 2 rounds deep? We could easily get Antwan Odom, who is gonna be a good DE in the NFL, or we will be able to get a good LB in the 1st, or even the 2nd. A guy like Nathaniel Adibi is a guy I like and think we could get in the 2nd. There are gonna be some good players released on JUNE 1st that nobody even knows about right now. Looks like Gilden will be one of those guys, there is still Ian Gold out there(unless I missed him going somewhere, don't think so though). Even if we only get one good player in the draft and FA, that only leaves one spot in question on our D. Last year at this time we had so many more questions on D, and we ended up finding some good players to fill in. Russell played great and no one thought he would, brian williams played better than he was expected to. Chavous was a pro bowler in his first season as a safety. It is way way to early to say we are gonna have to get lucky to get more good players on D. Maybe wait until we get our roster filled before you compare our D to last years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345