Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ogunleye

ogunleye

OK, I think we all need to stop and think about what we have, especially compared to other teams. We have the best offense in the league -- good QB, 3 good RBs, best reciever in the game, good TE, and a monster line. On defense, we have a young squad with lots of talent and potential. We also picked up a critical CB to help us out on the pass. I believe one of our main problems last season and even seasons before that has been we havent had the right players playing and the whole defensive schema sucked. I believe that Cotrell has the experience and knowledge to help our D be good. Now best in the league, no way, but much improved I can tell you that. So please think that all we have to worry about right now is our D, mainly getting a good pass rush and stopping the run on the outside. That's a hell of a lot better than some teams that have to worry about both sides of the ball and trying to get some guys to score points every game. I think we are doing very well and will have a great season this year. Vikes 2005!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

ogunleye

I agree with you Neo Vike, but I don't think we have a monster line. McKinnie and Birk are great but the rest played an average 2003 season. Do you remember, how ridicilous M. Rosenthal looked when he played against Leonard little? I think L. Little had 4 Sacks and 2 Fumble Forced.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Depth is fine. That the problem. OUr depth is good. Its just that it is depth, not starters. Rodgers/Johnstone and ChuckWiley/BillyLyon or w/e is excellet depth and a good insurrence policy. The problem is we can't start the season with those guys penciled in for 16 games. It won't work.

This offense is going to be awesome. But our defense is lookng a hell of a lot worse than it was last year... We still won't be able to stop the run, or put on a pss rush and thus won't be able to stop the pass. We need to have a damned good draft otherwise this whole off-season of sending almost 30 million dollars will be for nothing.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

????? DEFENSE LOOKS WORSE THAN LAST YEAR ????????????

Dude, I am sorry, but the D is not worse than last year at this time. We did not have any of our rookie studs last year, we had an untested safety tandem, WORSE THAN LAST YEAR????

You must think Kenny Mixon belongs in the Pro-Bowl. WITH OR WITHOUT Mixon, we need 1 if not 2, SOLID DE'S. We need a WLB, and we will have a very promising defense.

OGUNLEYE IS THE TICKET!!!! or We need to move up in the draft and get Udeze or Smith. I don't give a damn how many mock drafts have Will Smith falling to us...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

The thing about moving up in the draft is we are going to have to fork out more $$$ to sign the rookie. Doing this is no different than signing Ogunleye...either way, at pick 19 we wont get one of the 2 DEs

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

Last year we had 1 good CB, 2 good Safeties, 4 good linemen, and 3 good linebackers. This year we will 2 good CBs, 2 Good Safeties, 2 Good linemen and 2 good linebackers.

If we get 2 good DEs and a good LB, I'm ready to write our defensive up for top 5. If we had Started rodgers instead of Crockett and if DeNard Walker hadn't been a bust, we would have had a top-5 defense last year (Provided we moved Williams inside).

If we don't get 2 DEs and a LB, then we don't look very promising. Our lack fo a pass rush will mean that our upgrade at CB with Winfield won't mena crap, because we won't be able to stop the run, and we won't be able to rush the passer.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If we get 2 good DEs and a good LB, I'm ready to write our defensive up for top 5. If we had Started rodgers instead of Crockett and if DeNard Walker hadn't been a bust, we would have had a top-5 defense last year (Provided we moved Williams inside). <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Vikeman, there's no way we would of been a top 5 D last year, doesn't matter who started. Also, I'd just like to point out that last year the Vikes were 10th in the league in sacks, and both Johnstone and Williams had double digits. The pass rush is not as bad people make it out to be. The biggest problem on D was the secondary, and I think a large part of that has been solved with the signing of Winfield. He's not gonna get burned every play, and he can help play the run. I think that simply based on his signing, the D is improved. Also, Martin will help stuff ther run inside, and Carter gives us a solid backup at safety. Without a doubt, the D is better than last year.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

Last year we had 1 good CB, 2 good Safeties, 4 good linemen, and 3 good linebackers. This year we will 2 good CBs, 2 Good Safeties, 2 Good linemen and 2 good linebackers.

If we get 2 good DEs and a good LB, I'm ready to write our defensive up for top 5. If we had Started rodgers instead of Crockett and if DeNard Walker hadn't been a bust, we would have had a top-5 defense last year (Provided we moved Williams inside).

If we don't get 2 DEs and a LB, then we don't look very promising. Our lack fo a pass rush will mean that our upgrade at CB with Winfield won't mena crap, because we won't be able to stop the run, and we won't be able to rush the passer.

Vikeman, in case you havn't noticed, we have the same D-lineman this year as we did last year. Mixon might be suspended 4 games, but he was only average anyway. Lance johnstone is also average. So who are you 4 good linemen? Also, as far as I know we have the same backers last year as we do this year. You definitely overrate Nick Rogers ability, having him play instead of crockett would not have made our defensive ranking jump 20 spots. Denard was only expected to be decent when he came here anyway, not some shut down corner. We are lucky to be top 15 this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

Couldn't Agree with you more!!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

Vikeman, in case you havn't noticed, we have the same D-lineman this year as we did last year. Mixon might be suspended 4 games, but he was only average anyway. Lance johnstone is also average. So who are you 4 good linemen? Also, as far as I know we have the same backers last year as we do this year. You definitely overrate Nick Rogers ability, having him play instead of crockett would not have made our defensive ranking jump 20 spots. Denard was only expected to be decent when he came here anyway, not some shut down corner. We are lucky to be top 15 this year.

That is what I was saying....If Vikeman could field just Kenny Mixon and Nick Rogers he would. We are ahead of last year, end of story.

sig courtesy of PPE

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

ogunleye

YEA! What he said!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast