Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ogunleye

ogunleye

It would be nice to get him but not at the cost of our 1st and 3rd rounder that would just be ridicoulus. Plus we would still need to workout a new contract with him

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikings_fan66

It would be nice to get him but not at the cost of our 1st and 3rd rounder that would just be ridicoulus. Plus we would still need to workout a new contract with him

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    No it wouldnt! our 1st pick is going to be a DE anyway and giving up a 3rd rounder is not worth not having a pro bowl DE. We have the cap space to afford him

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

ogunleye

I agree, pick him up, he IS worth it!!!!!!!
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

eelpout72 is offline Starter

ogunleye

our DE needs seem to be so huge right now, I wouldnt be surprised if we

1) trade our #1 pick for Ogunleye (and an additional lower pick or another player - #1 & #3 is too costly)

AND

2) pick another DE with our #2 pick

not only do we need a stud DE pick, we need depth!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

ogunleye

Hey guys I would be willing to:

A. trade our first for OG
    B. sign him to a large contract

But I am definitely not willing to do both. Word is that he wan't Grant Wistrom money ( 6 year-33 million, 10 million SB). And he may be worth that, but not in addition to our first rounder. OG and the Phins would win in that trade, but the vikings would lose.

All the people who talk about need, yes need is a major issue. If you look in the past though, every team that has horribly overpaid because of "need", they always seem to have made a mistake. Whether it be 1 year later or 3 years later. We cannot see need as the only issue. As soon as we draft or trade solely for need, and ignore the value of who we are picking up we will be headed downhill.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mossville

Another Dolphin opinion on Ogun...

"Ogun is 26 years old, had 9 and a half sacks last year, then this year followed that up with an afc leading 16 sacks. 25 and a half sacks in two years dont seem flukish to me. Hes still very young and u guys will not be able to get a better de in the draft even if u had the first pick overall. Sure hes had help with JT on the otherside and yes hes faced rt's for the most part. But could u get a better guarantee from the draft? A player that hasnt played a down with the big boys? I highly doubt it. As for the pix im with ira on that one it would be bitter sweet to get a 1st and third for him...with jt and ogun we have the best de tandem in the league."
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

Dude I really don't think that a decent D.E. will be around at the 19th pick. Besides how many teams out there are gonna try to bone us over and take who we want(remember Simms)so I say take Ogun.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

Depth is fine. That the problem. OUr depth is good. Its just that it is depth, not starters. Rodgers/Johnstone and ChuckWiley/BillyLyon or w/e is excellet depth and a good insurrence policy. The problem is we can't start the season with those guys penciled in for 16 games. It won't work.

This offense is going to be awesome. But our defense is lookng a hell of a lot worse than it was last year... We still won't be able to stop the run, or put on a pss rush and thus won't be able to stop the pass. We need to have a damned good draft otherwise this whole off-season of sending almost 30 million dollars will be for nothing.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

ogunleye

Vikeman I don't agee with yu at all. I will admit that we should add better players there but in all reality. Towards the end of last year after the debacle in the middle of the season. When they finally wised up and put Williams in the middle, we got a lot better at stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. How in the world can you say we will be worse off than last year??? Granted we need some DE help but Even if for some dumb reason we didn't get a DE in the draft (which we could possibly pick Babbins from the Wac in the 1st or second) when Mixon comes back we will be much improved over last year.....

Big Daddy is offline Starter

ogunleye

Hey Guys! New commer here posting for the first time.

Anyway I do think that we need ONE good DE eather through the draft or free agency, but we don't need two. Hopefully Mixion will just get probation and a 4 game suspension from the league. If we get Will Smith in the draft I'd say go for it, but I don't think he's giong to be there when we pick. I think OG is looking better and better every day.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast