Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ogunleye

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

to get an outside opinion on this guy, here is some thoughts from a Dolphin fan from Ohio. I think all us Vikes have an opinion of him but id like to hear what dolphin fans think of him.

" O-Gun. That is the easiest name to call him
    He was a first day pick while in college but got hurt. Miami was luck enogh to get him as a undrafted rookie. This kid is just starting to blossom. He is a guy that did get a lot of sucsess being opposite if Jason Tayler. But i really beleive he will be a force to be reconded with. he is living up to what he was supose to be coming out of college. who ever gets him will be getting a top ten DE in the league. Maybe a top 5. I like the idea of miami haveing them picks but i wonder if it is worth getting rid of o-gun. If he leaves there iwll be a big void to fill. "

Either way, a DE is what we need with the 1st rounder if we dont get this guy. If we could keep this thread to dolphin fans thoughts on this guy and not a debate on what we think of him that would be great

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

ogunleye

Yeha we need somebody the thing is he is very expensive and we proly can't afford to pay him the money he wants, he has only played two years his first 9.5 sacks and last year he had like 15 i say quit with the jason taylor crap he plays on the other side of the line really the sucess would come from the DT next to u, and the corners giving u the time to get the QB

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

ogunleye

From what I understand we are still interested and I hope we figure out a way to get him.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

ogunleye

It would be great if we could get him. But I don't think it will happen.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

ogunleye

[quote]Originally posted by VIKE58

It would be great if we could get him. But I don't think it will happen.

I am all for getting him, s'long as it doesn't cost us a first round pick.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

ogunleye

Unless the Vikings can get a stud at DE in the draft There is going to be a serious problem at that position. I am reasonably sure there will be a couple of DE's released after June 1st they will not be top prospect's but perhaps they will still have a good year or two left in them.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Mossville is offline Starter

ogunleye

Another Dolphin opinion on Ogun...

"Ogun is 26 years old, had 9 and a half sacks last year, then this year followed that up with an afc leading 16 sacks. 25 and a half sacks in two years dont seem flukish to me. Hes still very young and u guys will not be able to get a better de in the draft even if u had the first pick overall. Sure hes had help with JT on the otherside and yes hes faced rt's for the most part. But could u get a better guarantee from the draft? A player that hasnt played a down with the big boys? I highly doubt it. As for the pix im with ira on that one it would be bitter sweet to get a 1st and third for him...with jt and ogun we have the best de tandem in the league."

ogunleye

last i heard, the bears offered a second and an offensive lineman. the phins balked at that. i don't know what we could offer for him other than our 1st rounder, and i'm weary of giving that up. nice to have some outside input. i'd like to hear from some fans of the jets or pats..
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

jdvikefan is offline Rookie

ogunleye

I heard that both the bears and the vikings have laid off off him, he seems to want Kearse type money.
    bleed purple

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

ogunleye

I have been gone for a week and since I am unable to defend what I said on the earlier post about ogunleye, I will on this one.

For whoever said I don't know anything about the draft, when i said that a top ten pick had a lot more value than the 19th pick, all I have to say is LOOK AT THE MONEY THE TOP TEN PICKS GET AND THEN COMPARE IT TO THAT OF THE 19TH PICK. There is without a doubt a big difference in value between say our 7th(actually 9th) pick of last year and this years 19th. Just look at the money difference in the actual 7th pick last year and our #9 pick. We saved a lot of money moving down 2 spots. Why? Because the value drops quickly as the picks go by. If you don't know this, then maybe you don't know jack about the draft.

Ogunleye is a Pro Bowl caliber DE, how is that not worth the 19th pick? I would take Ogunleye over will smith any day. Ogunleye has proven how good he is, Smith is a question mark on his abilities. Yes, smith might be good and might be a better DE, but so might antwan odom or marquise hill, or a bunch of other DE's. I have heard so many ohio state fans talk about smith getting eaten up by the bigger and better O-lineman in college. He is gonna be facing guys like that every sunday. There is just way more of a risk with smith, than there is with Ogunleye, especially when there is a good possibility smith won't even be there at 19.

Now to the guy who questioned me about saying: Tampa had a really good DE in rice and a really good D, but the DE opposite Rice didn't put up the #'s Ogunleye has. WHAT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT STATEMENT? There have been many many good D's in this league, who have had really good DE's, yet the opposite DE didn't just automatically put up good #'s. Fact is, a guy doesn't just put up good #'s because he is on a good D. I am simply pointing out that Ogunleye didn't just have good #'s because of jason taylor and the dolfins good D. Ogunleye can play ball, REALIZE THIS. Yes, the guy faced a lot of single coverage blocking, but he showed the ability to constantly beat that OT. If we got Ogunleye, he would be single blocked most of the time, so why wouldn't he get to the QB here? We will have much improved coverage, with winfield and brian williams both being aggressive shutdown CB's, making it easy for a guy with his skills to get to the QB.

Talk to some Dolfins fans and you will hear them praise this guy, even though they know he is more than likely gonna be playing somewhere else next year. That alone should tell you something about the guy, as should his stats.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast