Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "Mr" wrote:
    How does this happen?

    I really can't wrap my head around how this one gets by without a fine.
    Because Goodell is agraid Mrs. McKaskey's purse

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "midgensa" wrote:
    Eh ... I personally think the hit on Frerotte should have been a penalty ... but Gus CLEARLY flopped ... and it clearly was not that hard of a hit.
    I do not mind it not getting fined ... I also don't mind Allen getting fined since he BLATANTLY used the football as a prop ... something a handful of guys have been fined for before (some more than a couple of times). If the others get fined he deserves it too.
    The lack of a penalty on the late hit bothers me a lot ... and I guess the way they are fining people it probably should have gotten a little money ... but all in all I don't really give a rats ass.
    Does not affect my pocketbook ... would not have affected Ogunlye's pocketbook anyways ... and does not affect the rest of the Vikes season.
    Well, he CLEARLY said on the fan yesterday that he DID NOT fake it. He said he had a headache the rest of the day. MAYBE he had a mild concussion, and in that case it could effect the rest of the vikings season.
    You were not the one that was hit, so how can you say how hard(or soft) of a hit it was.

    Why would gus continue to say he was out cold temporarily, after 4 days had passed and there was still no fine, and probably wouldn't be. What possible good could come from that??
    :-
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  3. #23
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    Gus said he didn't flop and I believe it

  4. #24
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    What does the NFL have against the vikes? Seriously this is wrong.

    So what if Gus faked it a bit, who knows, But he did NOT see that extremely late hit coming and wasnt prepared for it. FU Goodell.

  5. #25
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    I think Goodell should see how bad the hit was and let Ogunleye bash him in the back when he's not looking.
    I can see it Goodell calmly walking to his car when BAM he's shoved by a 260lb DE in the back.

    It would probably put Goodell in the hospital for a month.
    Then Goodell would realize that football is too rough and would require DE's to let the QB know before tackling them so they can protect themselves.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  6. #26
    VikesFan787's Avatar
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    888

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    This is complete bullshit. I understand the fine on Allen but who the hell looked at the tape and said "No, that's cool. Let him slide on that one." The NFL needs a wake up call.

    Can't wait to see what else Goodell does to piss Viking's fan off world wide.

    By the way, I love how Jared Allen keeps doing what he is doing and doesn't care what they say. Lol. He is an animal.
    814


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    You have to laugh about SAPP only getting a $5000 fine for his outburst that COULD HAVE gotten him thrown out of the game.
    I was surprised that it didnt after watching the replay of what he did...

    Apparently giving CPR to a football is more serious then trying to injure another player based on the $10K fine vs. the $5K fine.
    The league office is just becoming a joke.

    I REALLY DO understand the league wanting to clean up some of the bull$hit antics that have gone on in the NFL.....
    but the more suspensions and fines that are spinning out of control, the harder it will be for the NFL and the Players Union to agree to contract terms.
    You can bet that the players are going to demand more restraint and common sense from the league going forward.
    The NFL is just setting themselves up for an impossible negotiation process.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  8. #28
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Eh ... I personally think the hit on Frerotte should have been a penalty ... but Gus CLEARLY flopped ... and it clearly was not that hard of a hit.
    I do not mind it not getting fined ... I also don't mind Allen getting fined since he BLATANTLY used the football as a prop ... something a handful of guys have been fined for before (some more than a couple of times). If the others get fined he deserves it too.
    The lack of a penalty on the late hit bothers me a lot ... and I guess the way they are fining people it probably should have gotten a little money ... but all in all I don't really give a rats ass.
    Does not affect my pocketbook ... would not have affected Ogunlye's pocketbook anyways ... and does not affect the rest of the Vikes season.
    Well, he CLEARLY said on the fan yesterday that he DID NOT fake it. He said he had a headache the rest of the day. MAYBE he had a mild concussion, and in that case it could effect the rest of the vikings season.
    You were not the one that was hit, so how can you say how hard(or soft) of a hit it was.

    Why would gus continue to say he was out cold temporarily, after 4 days had passed and there was still no fine, and probably wouldn't be. What possible good could come from that??
    :-\
    OK Clearly might be overstating it, but if it was not our guy we will all be calling it a flop if it was Rodgers. He did not get hit that hard.
    Should have been a penalty .. probably a fine considering what they fine for, but it is not and that is that. Does not change the fact that Allen definitely should have been fined for what he did because EVERYONE gets fined for what he did.
    By the way ... Gus would keep saying it because it is NEVER a good time to say you are a liar and a faker. What good would come of him changing his story now? Same reason a punter will rarely admit to faking, but they fake shit all the time to try and get the flag.
    I do think Gus was legitimately down for a second and then tried to sell the hit. It obviously jarred him, but he definitely went overboard.

  9. #29
    TARKenton's Avatar
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    Why are we so surprised about this?

    Minnesota is not a major market team, therefore Roger Gotti Goodell could care less about us.
    Apparently, ole Zygi doesn't smoke on Roger's pole as often as Bob Kraft or Jerry Jones.

    Spygate was swept under the rug and Thugman Jones keeps getting chance after chance after chance.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

  10. #30
    bengele is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Eh ... I personally think the hit on Frerotte should have been a penalty ... but Gus CLEARLY flopped ... and it clearly was not that hard of a hit.
    I do not mind it not getting fined ... I also don't mind Allen getting fined since he BLATANTLY used the football as a prop ... something a handful of guys have been fined for before (some more than a couple of times). If the others get fined he deserves it too.
    The lack of a penalty on the late hit bothers me a lot ... and I guess the way they are fining people it probably should have gotten a little money ... but all in all I don't really give a rats jiggly butt.
    Does not affect my pocketbook ... would not have affected Ogunlye's pocketbook anyways ... and does not affect the rest of the Vikes season.
    Well, he CLEARLY said on the fan yesterday that he DID NOT fake it. He said he had a headache the rest of the day. MAYBE he had a mild concussion, and in that case it could effect the rest of the vikings season.
    You were not the one that was hit, so how can you say how hard(or soft) of a hit it was.

    Why would gus continue to say he was out cold temporarily, after 4 days had passed and there was still no fine, and probably wouldn't be. What possible good could come from that??
    :-\
    OK Clearly might be overstating it, but if it was not our guy we will all be calling it a flop if it was Rodgers. He did not get hit that hard.
    Should have been a penalty .. probably a fine considering what they fine for, but it is not and that is that. Does not change the fact that Allen definitely should have been fined for what he did because EVERYONE gets fined for what he did.
    By the way ... Gus would keep saying it because it is NEVER a good time to say you are a liar and a faker. What good would come of him changing his story now? Same reason a punter will rarely admit to faking, but they fake pooh all the time to try and get the flag.
    I do think Gus was legitimately down for a second and then tried to sell the hit. It obviously jarred him, but he definitely went overboard.
    He did not have to get hit very hard in order to get hurt because the contact was made so long after he threw the ball. If you where just standing there paying attention to something else and some one came along and pushed you the the back there is a good chance you would fall over and may get hurt as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Late Hit on Frerotte No-Call
    By NeoVikesTX in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  3. Jared Allen fined $5,000
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM
  4. Two Vikes Fined
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
  5. Hovan Fined
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •