Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2248

    This won’t make the Vikings happy. NFL spokesman Randall Liu said in an email that Bears defensive end Adewale Ogunleye was not fined for hitting quarterback Gus Frerotte in the back well after he released the ball.

    However, Jared Allen was fined $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after using the football as a prop during a celebration following a sack. Allen has now been fined $90,000 by the NFL this season.

    He was fined $75,000 for hits on quarterbacks Matt Schaub and Aaron Rodgers, $5,000 for jumping on a pile late on a run against the Bears and now $10,000 for using the football as a prop during a celebration.

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2248

    This won’t make the Vikings happy. NFL spokesman Randall Liu said in an email that Bears defensive end Adewale Ogunleye was not fined for hitting quarterback Gus Frerotte in the back well after he released the ball.

    However, Jared Allen was fined $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after using the football as a prop during a celebration following a sack. Allen has now been fined $90,000 by the NFL this season.

    He was fined $75,000 for hits on quarterbacks Matt Schaub and Aaron Rodgers, $5,000 for jumping on a pile late on a run against the Bears and now $10,000 for using the football as a prop during a celebration.
    Lol..The irony.

  3. #3
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    Allen's fine is legit.. although i think it's ridiculous Jared knows he isn't allowed to do that.

    Ogluneye not fined is just hysterical, Goodell doesn't want us in the playoffs
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  4. #4
    Mjölnir's Avatar
    Mjölnir is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    110

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    I think the Vikings should go and win the Superbowl, just to spite Goodell and his cronies.

  5. #5
    Chuck Taylor's Avatar
    Chuck Taylor is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Allen's fine is legit.. although i think it's ridiculous Jared knows he isn't allowed to do that.

    Ogluneye not fined is just hysterical, Goodell doesn't want us in the playoffs
    +1
    So very true. Something is going on in a smoky backroom ;D

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    Goodell continues proving me more and more right everyday.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "C" wrote:
    Goodell continues proving me more and more right everyday.
    God damn it.
    I work so hard to dispel your conspiracy theories, and then the NFL goes and does something asinine like this...
    :P
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    is the nfl saying that frerotte faked it???
    that hit should have been fined whether frerotte was faking or not. (i still believe he wasnt)

    and seriously? allen gets fined for THAT?

    wow.

    i smell a strike in the air. with all the suspensions fines, inconsistency by the front offce and crappy cba the nflpa agreed to, i dont think its far fetched to think so.

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    is the nfl saying that frerotte faked it???
    that hit should have been fined whether frerotte was faking or not. (i still believe he wasnt)

    and seriously? allen gets fined for THAT?

    wow.

    i smell a strike in the air. with all the suspensions fines, inconsistency by the front offce and crappy cba the nflpa agreed to, i dont think its far fetched to think so.
    he used the ball as a prop, just because he's a viking doesn't mean the rules shouldn't apply to him.
    TO gets fined for that, Chad Johnson gets fined for that, its no different.

  10. #10
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: Ogluneye Not fined For late Hit On Frerotte,Allen Fined....

    "C" wrote:
    Goodell continues proving me more and more right everyday.
    I don't like him either.
    Says out of one side of his mouth that he wants character players in the NFL.
    Then, on the NFL network, he invites Chad Johnson on prior to the season to publicly demand a trade.
    Then, he has Chris Henry on a live phone interview telling everyone what a great guy he is and he deserves another shot after getting busted, um, I don't know like 8 times or something.
    He sends mixed messages quite often and Ogunleye not getting fined is pure, unabashed bunk!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Late Hit on Frerotte No-Call
    By NeoVikesTX in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  3. Jared Allen fined $5,000
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM
  4. Two Vikes Fined
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
  5. Hovan Fined
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •