Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    He was part of the o-line which blocked for the all-time NFL rushing yards game.

So, yes I remember him.

=Z=
    Yep, that was ALL Ryan Cook.
    No, it wasn't. But he was a big part of it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I am SO sick of this "I'm entitled" attitude and this "I deserve this" mentality.

Money has ruined EVERY major sport.

There is nothing wrong with an offset clause. Too bad the Vikes caved....should have held tough.

Pussies.

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I am SO sick of this "I'm entitled" attitude and this "I deserve this" mentality.

There is nothing wrong with an offset clause. Too bad the Vikes caved....should have held tough.

Pussies.

Caine
    What would holding tough have done?

To be honest, it was a stupid thing to be negotiating anyway. Very, very few LTs picked in the top ten end up being busts, especially in their first six years. Kalil was going to get the money regardless of any offset clause, so why was it so important to the Vikings to try and keep it out? The only thing holding out by either side would have accomplished would be to keep Kalil away from important training camp reps.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    What would holding tough have done?

To be honest, it was a stupid thing to be negotiating anyway. Very, very few LTs picked in the top ten end up being busts, especially in their first six years. Kalil was going to get the money regardless of any offset clause, so why was it so important to the Vikings to try and keep it out? The only thing holding out by either side would have accomplished would be to keep Kalil away from important training camp reps.
    The only things the Vikes would achieve was not so much with Kalil but with future first round picks. The agents for next years picks will be picking over the deals cut this year and making their plans already for their clients. So I can see why they wanted to keep it out if possible.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Pussies.

Caine
    Even if they didn't cave, contracts don't mean shit "down the road" anymore. If a good player wants more money, he simply holds out or demands a trade until he gets what he wants.

It should be performance based. If you are a star, you get payed like one. If you're mediocre, expect to get paid accordingly.
    Last edited by singersp; 07-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12