Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Offseason coverage of the Vikings!!

Maybe someone could enlighten me today, is it just me or are the Vikings receiving a ton of national media coverage this year as opposed to years past! I realize aside from 1 game on Monday night, we play all of our games at noon this year, but even with Randy we were not given this amount of respect, and maybe not being on the national stage all that much will allow us fly under the radar and have a strong go of it this year! I guess we do not need Randy to get respect, just a pile nationally televised games. I personally would rather have a Super Bowl game then 2 Monday nighters!

Cheers!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Offseason coverage of the Vikings!!

I don't think we are getting due respect I think they are making a safe bet. If we fail they can chaulk it up to us being poorly coached, if we win they get to claim seeing it coming.

I think the media is happy Moss is gone. He was never very approachable and being the main icon of our team, perhaps it carried over. Now the media will probably hound Culpepper and Williamson. Hounding Troy because he is new and if he does become a star they will have allready broke him in :grin:

Over the last few years the Vikings have done some amazing things, and where was the press? No where to be found. It really annoys me they are all over this. For one thing we haven't even played a game yet. But mostly it is just a blanket statement. I will be happy when they give credit to our accomplishments not what we may do now that we are a completely different team.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

we dont want to become the trendy pick this year.

last year, one of the trendy picks was the seahawks.

go figure.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Who cares what the media think? Just as long as the Viking players believe that they can do it...and then go out and execute!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Maybe someone could enlighten me today, is it just me or are the Vikings receiving a ton of national media coverage this year as opposed to years past! I realize aside from 1 game on Monday night, we play all of our games at noon this year, but even with Randy we were not given this amount of respect, and maybe not being on the national stage all that much will allow us fly under the radar and have a strong go of it this year! I guess we do not need Randy to get respect, just a pile nationally televised games. I personally would rather have a Super Bowl game then 2 Monday nighters!

Cheers!
    I agree that flying under the radar is the best for us rather than being constantly in the media. I seem to recall that we didn'thave that many games on national TV back in '98 which worked well for us - here's hoping we repeat that regular season run and then modify the result of the post-season from then
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

bender_over is offline Rookie

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    ...I realize aside from 1 game on Monday night, we play all of our games at noon this year...
    Cheers!
    We have 1 Monday Night game, 1 Sunday night game, and 1 3:15 game. The rest are noon games.

I personally prefer Sunday afternoon games to Monday Night games. There's just something about having to wait another day to see the Vikes once you're in a routine.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I heard this morning that Peter King on www.cnnsi.com picked the Vikings to win the NFC this season. I have not looked for the story yet but will later today when I have a little more time.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bender_over" wrote:
    "CanadaViking" wrote:
    ...I realize aside from 1 game on Monday night, we play all of our games at noon this year...
    Cheers!
    We have 1 Monday Night game, 1 Sunday night game, and 1 3:15 game. The rest are noon games.

I personally prefer Sunday afternoon games to Monday Night games. There's just something about having to wait another day to see the Vikes once you're in a routine.
    I like the Sunday games too! The Monday and Sunday games are just a little respect given to us.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Bender_over you are absolutely right about the Sunday night and afternoon games, I got side tracked as all of our home games are at 12:00, as I travel to Minnesota atleast twice a year for games, and I was totally bummed out about it, as starting to drink at 8:00 am hurts. No it is fun to drink early as well.

Cheers!!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:

Cheers!
    One thing that's always bugged the hell out of me is when the Vikings think they are as good as the media says they are. In the past few years, the media has played them up to be a Super Bowl-caliber team, when we all know their defense was made of swiss cheese. And you just can't win it all with a so-so D.

I really believe the coaches should do something about that...so that the players can remain focused on the ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl. I'm not saying to ignore the media. But forget about all the hype coming from the press and just PLAY THE GAME like it's supposed to be played.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast