Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Offiicial Post Game Thoughts and Observations

Childress and Jackson are property of the Vikings but are owned by the Packers :

And Zygi should put that sign in Brad's office to light a fire under his ass

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

They outplayed us everywhere, and we still had a chance to win with 2 minutes left.

Shiancoe is so unimpressive.

We have to make some big plays - I'll take one or two a game. We were killed by the big plays.

We have absolutely no rhythm on offense.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

this sucks. tomorrow is going to be a s^!t day.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vik1 is offline Training Camp

Pass defence still horrible
    pass protection horrible
    play calling boring
    jared allen didnt show up
    pass rush still not there
    we,ve had the worst pass defence for what seems like forever and nothing has changed
    the team was slow lethargic and seemed like they thought this was a cakewalk
    frasiers defensive schemes still suck
    they didnt blitz
    this in all on the coaching staff
    chilly better get his act together and soon ziggy didnt pay out the money he did for more of the same.
    lets hope they show up next week

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not going to put this on TJack. He didn't get much help from either his receivers or his Oline in protection.

I wished we would have tried more outside runs instead of only running inside though

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

y2kcockroach is offline Waterboy

I am not sure. That is the problem; after all the preparation off-season, after all the money spent by ownership, after all the personnel changes, and after all the anticipation, we just don't know about this team. The Packers are good, no doubt about it, and they have played surprisingly tough (not unlike the Bears against the Colts yesterday). Having said that, the Vikings didn't show anything that puts them at the same level as the Colts, either. After tonight I can say this: except for a few disastrous mental lapses (by special teams, and by that still wretched secondary) the Vikings could have won tonight (oh, there it is, the TJ interception!). The next two games (Colts and Panthers) will tell us plenty about the team, but one thing is clear: if Ziggy Wilf thought that he had a team that was going to win him a championship sooner rather than later, he was mistaken. This team could have a reasonably successful year, with its share of moments to remember, but the guys out there tonight aren't going to win the division, let alone the Super Bowl.

douginc is offline Starter

Hello.

Fire Childress.
    He is an embarrassment.
    And he still looks like Major Dad.
    He probably reeks of Aqua Velva.
    None of that matters, since given $80 he still cannot possibly beat a division rival.
    No more excuses, I am sick of him.
    To be anti-Childress is to be pro-winning.

Goodbye.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

-I don't think our defense played poorly. The 3 big plays the Packers made, 2 on offense and 1 on special teams really hurt us. But, other then that they weren't too bad.

- Jackson played alright, but our offense didn't pick up until we started opening up the playbook. In other words, we were a bit too conservative during the beginning of the game.

- Clifton did well against Allen, but every team dosen't have LT's as good as him.

- Peterson played very well.

In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

jackson is atrocious, and quite possibly the most inaccurate qb in the nfl..his decision making is also still terrible as he has no grasp of when and when not to run..you can give him berrian, and he just underthrows the ball to him..jackson should be pulled if he comes out next week and plays at all like he did tonight..he made a couple of nice throws, but overall, its pathetic when you constantly throw the ball at receivers feet on simple slant routes

theres no excuse for an undrafted bum to gash the defense for a huge gain the way they did

tyrell johnson got schooled on that first long pass play..something madieu williams likely wouldve picked up

still no pressure on the quarterback regardless of the fact that 3 pro bowlers are lined up there

its the first game, but come on, this is terrible and unacceptable..its also the first game for green bay, and they had no problem executing with a quarterback who has started zero games compared to jacksons 14..plain and simple, jackson got flat out beaten down by rodgers
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    I'm not going to put this on TJack. He didn't get much help from either his receivers or his Oline in protection.

I wished we would have tried more outside runs instead of only running inside though
    yeah, more diversity in the run game would help. it wouldn't hurt to blitz a first year starting qb once in a while either.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast