Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Offiicial Post Game Thoughts and Observations

One of the only good things about a loss is that it reminds me which people are idiots and are convinced that the sky is falling after a game.
    They expose themselves faster than a famished fly in a dysentery ridden community.

Tarvaris is questionable, mainly because of his checkdowns or lack thereof.
    I saw at least four passes that were on the money and missed.
    The placement on one in particular, I think it was to Shank, was incredible and was catchable.
    Tarvaris has a tendency to chuck the ball downfield when there are better options available.
    He made some good maneuvers in the pocket and looked like a moron a couple times.
    I liked the 4th and short with Rice over the middle for the TD.
    Tough call on whether he will make it, showed flashes of his preseason form, but also showed flashes of ineptitude seen last year.
    The INT during crunch time was very disappointing.
    TJack had damn near exactly the same stats as Rodgers....as I have stated earlier I still think that Rodgers is much more prepared because of how he was brought into the league...on the bench for a few years before given the reigns.
    Wow, what a surprise, it is his second season as a starter with a partial season on the bench his rookie year.

AP quietly grabbed 100 yds.
    The receivers were inconsistent.
    Hicks continues to be on my shitlist.

That special teams TD by the Packers was pathetic.

Loved the blocked FG.

Like to see the effort that GB put on stopping Allen.
    Should give some of the other guys a little more time to do some damage.
    Was disappointed that they didn't get a sack or an INT on D.

I like how many are doing the 'play calling' chant again.
    There was a lot more diversity in this game, just didn't pan out.
    I would think the lame 'throw it deep' crowd would be creaming their pants.
    Oh yeah, the plays have to be successful for that to happen.

Disappointing loss.
    I'm not panicked.
    Take away the ST TD and it was a W.

Contrary to the village idiots opinions, the sky is not falling.

Oh yeah, for whomever doesn't like it when someone says that the coaches know more than we do.
    Guess what, they do.
    If they didn't I'm sure you would quit your half-ass jobs and coach in the NFL if you knew more.
    To argue differently is ludicrous.
    Look at the resumes of any coach in the NFL and think about it, they put more time into game planning in one week then you have your whole life.
    Yeah, but I played football in some small-ass town and I was really good and ran for 123 yds against the Redwood Falls Cardinals...i know all about this.....

That game was so sloppily played that it was almost painful to watch, over 20 penalties.
    That makes it painful to watch and puts the weight of the loss on execution.
    Like watching pop warner teams battling it out and having a knife driven through your heart when so little is executed well.
    Painful.

Fuck the Packers.
    Good game by them though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Not a terrible game for the first of the season...but...very unimpressive, especially against a farve-less packer squad.
    Like many have said already in this thread...not much has changed from last year, and unless there is a DRASTIC change in both D and O...we will go 6-10 this season...and 0-5 over the next 5 games.
    Childress is dull as dishwater in his approach...(why oh why are we a training ground for these guys!)
    Hope I'm wrong.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

HoosierVike is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    One of the only good things about a loss is that it reminds me which people are idiots and are convinced that the sky is falling after a game.
    They expose themselves faster than a famished fly in a dysentery ridden community.

The placement on one in particular, I think it was to Shank, was incredible and was catchable.
    Tarvaris has a tendency to chuck the ball downfield when there are better options available.
    He made some good maneuvers in the pocket and looked like a silly guy a couple times.
    Tough call on whether he will make it, showed flashes of his preseason form, but also showed flashes of ineptitude seen last year.
    TJack had gol 'darnit near exactly the same stats as Rodgers....as I have stated earlier I still think that Rodgers is much more prepared because of how he was brought into the league...on the bench for a few years before given the reigns.
    Wow, what a surprise, it is his second season as a starter with a partial season on the bench his rookie year.

Loved the blocked FG.

Disappointing loss.
    I'm not panicked.

Oh yeah, for whomever doesn't like it when someone says that the coaches know more than we do.
    Guess what, they do.
    If they didn't I'm sure you would quit your half-jiggly butt jobs and coach in the NFL if you knew more.
    Look at the resumes of any coach in the NFL and think about it, they put more time into game planning in one week then you have your whole life.
    Yeah, but I played football in some small-jiggly butt town and I was really good and ran for 123 yds against the Redwood Falls Cardinals...i know all about this.....

That game was so sloppily played that it was almost painful to watch, over 20 penalties.
    Like watching pop warner teams battling it out and having a knife driven through your heart when so little is executed well.
    Painful.

floop the Packers.

couldnt have been stated any better

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Formo" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    People are saying Jackson was sacked only once. Yeah, and he ran away from six more, and took about five shots to the chops after delivering the football off balance with Packers slithering all over him.
    Great call.

With that type of pressure, he did fantastic.
    And the unfortunate thing is he's gonna take all that heat when it should be layed on the offensive line and special teams...

And lets not forget the pass rush/coverage.
    When TJ holds the ball for 7 seconds looking lost the D-line will eventually get there.
    The pressure he's under is created by TJ by not getting rid of the ball in reasonable time.
    I'm watching the game again and he's holding the ball WAY TOO LONG.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:

He made some good maneuvers in the pocket and looked like a silly guy a couple times.
    TJack had gol 'darnit near exactly the same stats as Rodgers....as I have stated earlier I still think that Rodgers is much more prepared because of how he was brought into the league...on the bench for a few years before given the reigns.

Loved the blocked FG.

Disappointing loss.
    I'm not panicked.

Guess what, they do.
    If they didn't I'm sure you would quit your half-jiggly butt jobs and coach in the NFL if you knew more.
    Yeah, but I played football in some small-jiggly butt town and I was really good and ran for 123 yds against the Redwood Falls Cardinals...i know all about this.....

Painful.

floop the Packers.
    Prophet earns his pay!
    No, seriously, excellent read.
    THanks, and SKOL!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Some thoughts:

- We still keep running AP off tackle, rather than getting him in space. We need to use him the way the Saints use Reggie Bush: get him in space ! Throw him a screen. We continue to use AP the wrong way and this will continue until "Einstein" (Bevell) figures out how to use AP the right way.

- That early slant that Tarvaris threw about 4 yards behind and low of his receiver killed our drive. That was the kind of pass Daunte threw on a bad day in Miami.
    :

- At the same time, I did like some of what T-Jacks did tonight.

- Where was Allen ?? He was totally missing from this game. I thought he was the "answer".

- The officiating was terrible. What is a "Personal foul, leverage" ????

- Overall, we look o.k. but not great. I expected more from our pass rush. I expected us to not repeat the mistakes of '07 with running AP into a stacked box. I think this could be a long year, with AP seeing the stacked box all day and another year of Tarvaris "developing".

- As mentioned above, we can forget about Tarvaris checking down. That was the skill we all thought he learned in the offseason, but obviously, not.

- Where was Berrian ?

- Why did we immediately take AP out of the game after he broke off two big runs ? I notice that NFL coaches do this: something works, and instead of doing it until the defense finds an answer, they "get smart" and do something totally different. It is very annoying.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    People are saying Jackson was sacked only once. Yeah, and he ran away from six more, and took about five shots to the chops after delivering the football off balance with Packers slithering all over him.
    Great call.

With that type of pressure, he did fantastic.
    And the unfortunate thing is he's gonna take all that heat when it should be layed on the offensive line and special teams...

And lets not forget the pass rush/coverage.
    When TJ holds the ball for 7 seconds looking lost the D-line will eventually get there.
    The pressure he's under is created by TJ by not getting rid of the ball in reasonable time.
    I'm watching the game again and he's holding the ball WAY TOO LONG.
    cant pass the ball if noone is open!great coverage by gb most of the game,when they were open tjack made the throws

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

He made some good maneuvers in the pocket and looked like a moron a couple times.
    TJack had damn near exactly the same stats as Rodgers....as I have stated earlier I still think that Rodgers is much more prepared because of how he was brought into the league...on the bench for a few years before given the reigns.

Loved the blocked FG.

Disappointing loss.
    I'm not panicked.

Guess what, they do.
    If they didn't I'm sure you would quit your half-ass jobs and coach in the NFL if you knew more.
    Yeah, but I played football in some small-ass town and I was really good and ran for 123 yds against the Redwood Falls Cardinals...i know all about this.....

Painful.

Fuck the Packers.
    Sounds about right.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This was, in my opinion, an opportunity wasted.

The Vikings had every advantage coming into this game - awesome Defensive front, Adrian Peterson, rejuvinated Receiver Corps....and Favre was gone, Green Bay's O-Line was hurting, and Rodgers had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Wasted.

I watched an incredibly disappointing game tonight.
    The Defense let Green Bay do whatever they wanted...all game long.
    The Offense was mostly ineffective.

After 1 week, I'm withholding any declarations of who is horrible, who needs to be replaced, or who is to blame.
    All I'll say right now is that Childress is now 0-5 versus the Packers, and I'd have thought a guy in that position would have fired his team up a bit more.

Caine

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:

Loved the blocked FG.

Disappointing loss.
    I'm not panicked.

Guess what, they do.

Painful.

floop the Packers.
    Fianlly someone who sees it my way relax its the first game 15 left yes i wanted to win this one and we should have, luck was on greenbay's side tonight take away the special teams and we outplayed them on offense and defense imo anyway

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast