drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach

Officially on the Freeman Bandwagon

Forget my apprehension of bringing this guy in; forget I wanted to give Cassel a few games for the same type of chance Ponder got. To those of you who liked the Freeman pick-up, I apologize, you had better vision than I.

I have never seen a team get as deflated as I did today when Cassel threw that pick on the first series; you could almost FEEL the "Et tu, Brute" moment. After that play, the team played as well for Cassel as they did for Ponder. They gave up, and it was horrible to see.

Peterson deserved better. He was trying to lose himself in the only thing he has counted on since he was a young boy, and the leaders let him down.

Go ahead and blame whatever coaching staff you want, but if you don't have a guy on the field who can do a competent job running our offense, we are DONE. The defense will not do anything for us this year, we cannot stop ANYONE running on us, and with the run comes ball control. The only way the Vikings will stay in games is to score, and score often. Cassel and Ponder cannot do this, so its Freeman or a rookie in next year's draft.

Hopefully Freeman will allow us to draft a new defensive core; but if not, we get a stud QB THEN go draft defense.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    BTW I really love having this forum to go to so I can talk about my passion. I learn more about the vikings here tan any other venue I have available to me, and now my wife doesn't get mad when I go on and on about football.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics