Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

I should have said "the first time" regarding Pack and Moss--- When NE got him instead.

Look-- I'm not trying to be an a-hole, and I gotta tell you that this thing in the North is FAR from decided---

You have lost some close games, including my ref-aided one, and my boy Aaron is not doing so well, plus all those injuries, etc---

It is not decided yet! No way the Bares are gonna hang, imo---

To heck with all the media. Bear down and hang with Chilly-- He is not nearly as dumb as ALL Puker fans want to tell you he is--- We all just want it to be so, same as you do with our "Fred Flintsone." He has done some dumb stuff, (Chilly) and this Moss thing is just a conduit that MOSS created for all to vent on your coach.

Stay the course. I bet you are in it at the end.

imo

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

dfosterf wrote:
    There is some "devil's advocate" sentiment in my posts...

This is true. I will say this in my defense--

I have my "home" board (PackersHome.com) The schadenfruede is running rampant there, as could be expected from a rival team's forum right about now.

I am not participating AT ALL in it. I'd rather air out my thoughts here with you purple people, as you are the ones living with the drama.

NOT because of any desire to get any digs in, or whatever, but rather to try and interject a little different perspective that is missing the anger resulting at least in part from a season that has not gone according to Hoyle to this point.

I don't know that Wilf has done or said anything, but I am bothered by the media reports...

That is my sole point-actually- that I believe it is at least worth thinking about, and that is all I was trying to convey, however poorly I may have done so.
    Not poorly at all. Your points are quite valid and I for one, like seeing them from the "other side" so to speak. I appreciate your input and perspective so please don't think you are saying things poorly.

Fact is I and many other Viking fans are angry right now. Angry and embarrassed because of the season, the Favre allegations and now this. It's been going on since the NFCCG and after defending the team in every aspect something else occurs that throws us all in a whirl.

I love the VIkings and always will. That goes without saying. But right now we are at the lowest of lows and it is hard to take. Truth be told, I think Chilly did handle this wrong. Even as a strong Chilly supporter over the past 4 years I started criticizing him in week 2 of this season because of lowsy decisions during games I can honestly blame him for. This situation with Moss has 2 sides. I don't think either sides are right. But I think Chilly has more of a responsibility to making his side right. Not only for himself but the organization. In this instance, I don't think he thought about that. I thought he made a decision based upon his own ego which affect the Vikings in a negative way regardless of how you look at it.

1) It costs the Vikings (Wilf) more money in that they are responsible for his contract.
    2) They are now without a deep threat again.
    3) Even if Randy left at the end of the season they would have received a compensatory pick.
    4) He was always a fan favorite around here regardless of his antics and after 5 years of waiting for him to return he is gone in less than 5 weeks.
    5) The team seems divided over this.
    6) Childress now lost respect of the team (at least some of the players).
    7) There are several key free agents the end of this year that may end up leaving largely based upon this decision.

I can go on and on. I don't discredit anything you say and think you have valid points. The fact here is that with this decision Childress has basically made a laughing stock of the team.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I have made one comment about Childress since we hired him. I believe you have to give a guy a chance to install his offense and draft players with the skill set to implement his offense. I have now determined in my mind Chilly has to go for the good of the team. He used Favre as a scape goat against the Pukers. He waisted a draft pick because Moss spoke his mind. Who does that? You bring him in and have a talk with him but no you just waive him. He has no people skills and is not going ot do anyhting fo rthis team that Zygi built for him. He is not an X's and O's guy and you can see that in his game plans. Ou rteam looks leaderless out there. No sense of a strategy to attack our opponents weaknesses. Just throw something at the wall and see what sticks. Now we can smell wha the has been throwing!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

The Moss disaster will be the end of Childress.

Zygi wanted Moss here and Childress sneaked around him to fire Moss.

All over but the shouting.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Brewtal is offline Starter

Was really hoping to log on the net today to hear about Childress departure. Really thaught we had a decent owner in Wilf, now for the first time I have to question his sanity. The prevouse owner at least had enough nuts to make a decision when it mattered, albeit was about his pocket book.

I will always be a Viking fan. Sadly, I will be taking time off of football untill Childress is no longer around. I have hated that asshole for 3 years now. I am done, I can't stand to look at his picture, and I not spend another money on this team untill he is gone.

Wilf, don't make everyone loose confidence in you. I believe you still have a huge amount of support here, but standing with Childress will cost you dearly.

Good luck Vikings. If winning means Childress stays, then I hope you loose.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

dfosterf wrote:

Now maybe 999/1000 don't like Chilly around here right about now,
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Chilly was hated before this.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:
    dfosterf wrote:

dfosterf, just like Ted Thompson & Mike Mc Carthy were when they snubbed Favre & butchered that relationship.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    dfosterf wrote:

dfosterf, just like Ted Thompson & Mike Mc Carthy were when they snubbed Favre & butchered that relationship.
    Amen to that, puker fans were pissed at Thompson and McCarthy, atleast as bad as Viking fans are right now with Chilly. Turned out the snubb was that best thing to happen to the Pukers in 10 years.
    None

TSVikesfan is offline Waterboy

Things will change when Zygi's reputation is at stake, and it is being compromised by Childress. Ultimately, that's why this could cost Childress. Football is a game and a business, and if one thing is true about business, you can't make your boss look like a fool and expect to survive long. Losses. Poor decisions on the field. All that can be tolerated. But bringing in Randy, then cutting him over something so petty, and costing the organization a lot (draft choice and money)--that goes beyond the limit. The team looks foolish. My guess is that Zygi won't tolerate that. If he does, he's not he professional I thought he was.
    None

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

TSVikesfan wrote:
    Things will change when Zygi's reputation is at stake, and it is being compromised by Childress. Ultimately, that's why this could cost Childress. Football is a game and a business, and if one thing is true about business, you can't make your boss look like a fool and expect to survive long. Losses. Poor decisions on the field. All that can be tolerated. But bringing in Randy, then cutting him over something so petty, and costing the organization a lot (draft choice and money)--that goes beyond the limit. The team looks foolish. My guess is that Zygi won't tolerate that. If he does, he's not he professional I thought he was.
    And the same thing goes for Randy, who's boss is Chilly. Given your analysis, chilly did the right thing i guess
    None

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast