Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

There is some "devil's advocate" sentiment in my posts...

This is true. I will say this in my defense--

I have my "home" board (PackersHome.com) The schadenfruede is running rampant there, as could be expected from a rival team's forum right about now.

I am not participating AT ALL in it. I'd rather air out my thoughts here with you purple people, as you are the ones living with the drama.

NOT because of any desire to get any digs in, or whatever, but rather to try and interject a little different perspective that is missing the anger resulting at least in part from a season that has not gone according to Hoyle to this point.

I don't know that Wilf has done or said anything, but I am bothered by the media reports...

That is my sole point-actually- that I believe it is at least worth thinking about, and that is all I was trying to convey, however poorly I may have done so.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Maybe Zygi is going by the old saying of " give 'em enough rope.... " it tightened in which case Chilly is now doing his part to fulfill his side of the bargain.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

dfosterf wrote:
    If Chilly acted unilaterally, how is it that we know it?

I would have to pause a moment if I were amongst those that think that Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week, compared to what Wilf (apparently) is doing to Chilly.

He either has the authority to do what he did (Chilly) to Moss, or he doesn't. Everything I ever read on this subject indicated that Chilly has full authority in personnel decisions, and further that this authority was a pre-requisite for him taking the job in the first place.

Talk about undermining someone...

Now maybe 999/1000 don't like Chilly around here right about now, but that doesn't change the concept that Wilf should have NEVER let it get out that he was not 100% in support of what Brad did.

What purpose does it serve? Do you think it would be a good idea to NOT waive Moss and fire Chilly instead?

If yes---

Really?

:unsure:
    Exactly! There is so much talk about Chilly going "rogue" But like you say he has 100% authority over the player selection, so how is what he did "rogue"??
    Chilly is the head coach, as such he's responsible for the team, there is no way in hell I would let guys like Brett and Moss run things when I would be responsible for the outcome. If he indeed does lose his job, his value just went up. If he had turned Brett away when he held out and missed training camp, he'd be worth even more in my book.

As for Chilly losing the respect of his players over this, I disagree again. I've had to fire a lot of people over the years, the senario is always the same. The day you fire the employee, there is all kinds of support for the person being fired, sometimes there is even talk of a walk out (it never happens) it only takes a couple of days and everybody starts to realize what a poison that employee was. Within a week they get blamed for everything that ever went wrong.

Go ahead and flame me all you want, you don't let the prisioners run the prison. If the Vikings have good players as we all assume they do, somebody will step up to the plate, thats what good players/teams do.
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Do we really have this thread? Really?

Wilf has done nothing but positive things for the Vikings. I think any animosity toward him is at best misplaced...
    +1

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

VikingMike wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Do we really have this thread? Really?

Wilf has done nothing but positive things for the Vikings. I think any animosity toward him is at best misplaced...

Very true...and we all know how these damn threads spin completely out of control. Shut down this thread...we could not hope for a better ownership group than this one.
    Very true indeed.Great ownership group.
    But there is a reason this thread came to be.

The owners gave Childress the keys to the car. The wheels are coming off and the question Zygi is faced with is whether Childress drove recklessly or not. The car appears to be heading for a crash.
    That may not have been unexpected 4 or 5 years ago when Childress was given an old slow Chevy.
    But the past 2 years Zygi has given Childress a Porche.
    How's his driving?

Some of us here have concluded that ownership made a poor choice at the head coaching position.
    There were red flags such as being an offensive coordinator in name only with no head coaching experience.
    Also hiring the first candidate interviewed on the spot. I mean why? His resume was week.

Zygi is great, but he has some important decisions ahead of him.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I sincerely hope that the Wilf's will override this decision to waive Randy. Get it done Ziggy!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I think Zygi has the right priorities with this team from a fans perspective. But I also think his lack of knowledge in running an NFL team has caused him to put too much reliance on an unproven guy like Childress.

I like Zygi, but I think he needs a real football guy in his organization to help advise him outside of Childress and the personnel guys.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

There is no doubt in my mind that Zygi is willing to do (financially) whatever it takes to make the team win. That's all one can ask for in an owner.

Purple Blood is offline Waterboy

dfosterf wrote:
    If Chilly acted unilaterally, how is it that we know it?

I would have to pause a moment if I were amongst those that think that Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week, compared to what Wilf (apparently) is doing to Chilly.

He either has the authority to do what he did (Chilly) to Moss, or he doesn't. Everything I ever read on this subject indicated that Chilly has full authority in personnel decisions, and further that this authority was a pre-requisite for him taking the job in the first place.

Talk about undermining someone...

Now maybe 999/1000 don't like Chilly around here right about now, but that doesn't change the concept that Wilf should have NEVER let it get out that he was not 100% in support of what Brad did.

What purpose does it serve? Do you think it would be a good idea to NOT waive Moss and fire Chilly instead?

If yes---

Really?

:unsure:
    Really your kidding right?! 999/1000 didn't like Chilly long before this last fiasco!!! I think Ziggy could save face if he does indeed fire Chilly and keeps Moss!!! Let me ask you this,, what do you think the fans would want? A guy who everytime he talks " sounds like he just got done swallowing some guys load" or a somewhat of a basket case that makes the Vikings way better?

I agree Moss is not a Model player, but for a coach to just strong arm him out of Town like this is just insane!!!

dfosterf is offline Coach

Moss is scum to me, so I am as biased against him as I reckon so many are against Chilly.

Over in Puker-land, we had the 1000 post/page/whatever + debate on Moss to the Pack. Twice. I never particpated, and I NEVER wanted him on my team.

Kind of telling that one of the things that came out during the last go-around regarding Pack and Moss was how Moss talked about getting a "bad vibe" or some-such from the Pack, because OUR FO took the time and trouble to tell him in effect that we weren't going to take any of his shit. Remember?

Really, you all should have done your bitching on the day you traded back for him, but then you had visions of Super Bowl trophies dancing in your heads.

The fans were just as fooled as Chilly, and to say otherwise is revisionist, imo.

Chilly's huge mistake was giving up that 3rd for this embarassment to the NFL, not in the firing of him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast