Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    Is he the type of owner that cares about the people that buy the tickets or just his wallet?

  2. #2
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    I think I'll let this whole thing play out before I pass judgement on Wilf.

  3. #3
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    I respect Wilf for being hands off for so long.

    But if Childress is going to go rogue like this, undermining the owner of the team and his staff, Wilf has to get his hands dirty. He doesn't have a choice if he wants to be respected by the people around him.

    They'll know they can get away with anything if Childress is coaching this team from this point forward.

  4. #4
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Is he the type of owner that cares about the people that buy the tickets or just his wallet?
    Has NOTHING to do about "caring" for the people that buy tickets"

    He owns a NFL team it was a dream of his he has tried to put up a team to contend for the championship....he has done everything you could ask for in as a owner....dont be suprised if the coaching staff pays the price this squandering of gifts that has been handed to them

    ZYGI is the kind of owner a team should want

  5. #5
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    My gut feeling is he is asking around as to how all the different scenarios will affect a new stadium deal

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    I sill think he wants the best for the fans but if that is the case he needs to remove the coach.


    Either that or this is all a conspiracy to piss the fans off so much that we actually ask him to move the team. I hope not.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    Do we really have this thread? Really?

    Wilf has done nothing but positive things for the Vikings. I think any animosity toward him is at best misplaced...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    If Chilly acted unilaterally, how is it that we know it?

    I would have to pause a moment if I were amongst those that think that Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week, compared to what Wilf (apparently) is doing to Chilly.

    He either has the authority to do what he did (Chilly) to Moss, or he doesn't. Everything I ever read on this subject indicated that Chilly has full authority in personnel decisions, and further that this authority was a pre-requisite for him taking the job in the first place.

    Talk about undermining someone...

    Now maybe 999/1000 don't like Chilly around here right about now, but that doesn't change the concept that Wilf should have NEVER let it get out that he was not 100% in support of what Brad did.

    What purpose does it serve? Do you think it would be a good idea to NOT waive Moss and fire Chilly instead?

    If yes---

    Really?

    :unsure:

  9. #9
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    dfosterf wrote:
    If Chilly acted unilaterally, how is it that we know it?

    I would have to pause a moment if I were amongst those that think that Chilly threw Favre under the bus last week, compared to what Wilf (apparently) is doing to Chilly.

    He either has the authority to do what he did (Chilly) to Moss, or he doesn't. Everything I ever read on this subject indicated that Chilly has full authority in personnel decisions, and further that this authority was a pre-requisite for him taking the job in the first place.

    Talk about undermining someone...

    Now maybe 999/1000 don't like Chilly around here right about now, but that doesn't change the concept that Wilf should have NEVER let it get out that he was not 100% in support of what Brad did.

    What purpose does it serve? Do you think it would be a good idea to NOT waive Moss and fire Chilly instead?

    If yes---

    Really?

    :unsure:
    Having an ability and exercising it without judgement are two very different things.

    I'm sure you have the ability to spend money out of your joint checking account with your spouse, correct?

    What's her response if you write a $35,000 check out of your retirement fund for a new sports car?

    We all work for someone and as such we need to be sensitive to the feelings of those above us even if it's within our authority to do something that may offend them or go against their desires. People do not need to blindly and unilaterally throw support behind every decision.

    Further, show me 1 quote from Zygi Wilf stating he's upset with Childress... I don't believe you can. All you can show me is those mysterious "reports" from acquaintances saying he is upset. He has by no means thrown his coach under the bus. That would be standing up at a microphone and saying "my coach was just a complete dumbass but unfortunate it is within his power and I can't undo it". He has every right to be upset in private and that's all he has done to date.

    You argue some good football, but man are you off base on this Chilly thing. Hopefully you're simply trying to play devil's advocate to prolong the misery the Vikings fans are feeling.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  10. #10
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: The Official Zygi Wilf Thread

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Do we really have this thread? Really?

    Wilf has done nothing but positive things for the Vikings. I think any animosity toward him is at best misplaced...

    Very true...and we all know how these damn threads spin completely out of control. Shut down this thread...we could not hope for a better ownership group than this one.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zygi Wilf at a glance
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 06:04 AM
  2. Zygi Wilf says 'The time is now'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
  3. Zygi Wilf On The Vikings, A Stadium And More
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
  4. Zygi Wilf: 'I've Been Blessed'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 01:09 AM
  5. Zygi Wilf says Tice's job secure
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 01:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •