Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: THE OFFICIAL "WHO IS OUR NEXT COACH" THREAD?

Never really gave it much thought until Cris Carter said it on NFL Countdown...Jim Harbaugh. He pointed out that Harbaugh's work ethic, approach, and overall demeanor/attitude would be perfect for Minnesotans and Vikings fans. The more I looked into Harbaugh, the more I like the idea.

However, Dungy has pointed out that the one guy he would want with him on any sideline would be Frazier. I am looking forward to seeing what he's got in the coming weeks.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I vote for C Mac.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Winona Vike is offline Waterboy

IF Frazier does not work out( I posted OCT.25 Frazier would be a good option for the rest of the season) I would go for the senior assistant on the New England Patriots staff (Dante Scharnecchia/Assistant head coach). ANYONE who has learned from Belicheck would top my list. Ultimately it will take a big name to get a stadium built and that is where Cowher comes in. Wilf is a East Coast guy who watched Cowher win in Pittsburgh with a great running game and YOUNG QB(Rothlesburger) That is exactly where the Vikings will be next year!!!!!!!!!!!
    None

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Chucky isssss back???

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    I'm not a big Gruden fan. All he's done is win a Superbowl with Dungy's team, then sink that franchise into the crapper afterwards.

Unless, of course, he promises a KAO...then I'm all for it...
    :S

Caine
    +1

Need Cowher
    +1,000,000

One name no one has said is Jim Harbaugh. I like his attitude and his demeanor. He took a program like Stanford and made them, a top five team that is almost impossible. he is the ravens coach's brother.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Winona Vike wrote:
    ANYONE who has learned from Belicheck would top my list.
    I don't know about you, but I sure as hell doesn't want Josh McDaniels as head coach. Especially if he will have control over personnel moves.

12meninthehuddle is offline Waterboy

Chucky has a very nice ESPN contract that he will not leave. Likewise Dungy (NBC). Cowher might be a option, but i doubt it. If interim dude doesn't work out then you are getting Billick
    None

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

tarkenton10 wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    I'm not a big Gruden fan. All he's done is win a Superbowl with Dungy's team, then sink that franchise into the crapper afterwards.

Caine
    +1

Need Cowher
    +1,000,000

One name no one has said is Jim Harbaugh. I like his attitude and his demeanor. He took a program like Stanford and made them, a top five team that is almost impossible. he is the ravens coach's brother.
    Wasn't his dad also a coach?

And maxvike mentioned it a couple of posts prior.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

We won't have a Head coach, we are going with the Linear Plain of Intelligence, two assistant head coaches that make one coach.

Dungy & Frazier

No more triangle!, it will be the Octagon of Death.

Favre, M Wilf, Z Wilf, Bud Grant, Dungy, Frazier, Speilman, and Brzezinski

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:

Caine
    Caine, I am not Grudens biggest fan either, but I have seen this comment out of you before. Tampa mortgaged their future, trading two firsts, and two seconds to acquire Gruden. Gruden didn't ruin them. They were not exactly young when he arrived. He took the same team Dungy could not win a championship with and won the super bowl. It seems like a good move on Tampa's part to me. They won the super bowl.
    Not to take away anything from Dungy either. Tampa was a laughing stock before Tony.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine
    Winning a superbowl, no matter the circumstances is a big deal(it was Dungy's defense but Gruden made that offense).

He also built a superbowl team in Oakland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden#Oakland_Raiders

Gruden would be my first choice for a head coach. Universally considered one of the smartest and hardest working guys in the NFL.
    I also think he has been setting himself up for success while in the broadcast booth. I think many players would love to come play for him.
    I won't argue with his intelligence but his form of the WCO is very complicated and play calls are extremely wordy in length which leads to a small problem for the Vikings, they need a QB that can run that program without Gruden killing him.

Gruden had the experienced QB's with Gannon, then Johnson and Garcia but after that things started to get rough with grooming young guys (and Tampa Bay decided to start getting cheap)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast