Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: THE OFFICIAL "WHO IS OUR NEXT COACH" THREAD?

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1081146
    Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1081133
    We should be at least SOMEWHAT satisfied that he was able to get the team unified and energized enough to pull out a late November road WIN, considering the 8 previous road games were all in the Loss column. Who cares if was only a 4-point margin...a win is a win, and a ROAD win by a new HC is even better.

I agree that we should wait and see how things go, but if he's able to coach this team into 3 or more wins out of the last 5, I think it would be foolish to just let him go.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm just SICK of seeing our Coordinators go to other teams as Head Coaches and win Super Bowls with them. Billick, Dungy, Tomlin...let's not add Frazier to the list without at least seeing what he can do for us!
    THANK YOU, ndnorseman! Great post!

All the on here needs to :cheer: and look at the positive sides! The team did look better, the players did play more disciplined, the play-calling did look better, etc.

How many points do the Vikings have to score to impress everyone? For Christ' sake! we went from 31-3 against our most hated rivals, the biggest blowout loss in 10 years or something, to a victory on the road over a team that still has a chance to make the playoffs. Hey, that's all I could ask for.
    What do you think the score would be if we played our rivals that blew us out 31-3 again today? :unsure:

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything away from the win. I think some of us (now that the dust has settled) are just rethinking the whole game and coming away with possibly a little more tempered viewpoint of the win.

I bet the majority of us are worried about the Bills this week. The Bills for goodness sake.

Because of that, atleast for me, thats the way it is. Overjoyed with the win, but over time, just rethinking it a bit as we start looking at the Bills.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081165
    We should be at least SOMEWHAT satisfied that he was able to get the team unified and energized enough to pull out a late November road WIN, considering the 8 previous road games were all in the Loss column. Who cares if was only a 4-point margin...a win is a win, and a ROAD win by a new HC is even better.

I agree that we should wait and see how things go, but if he's able to coach this team into 3 or more wins out of the last 5, I think it would be foolish to just let him go.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm just SICK of seeing our Coordinators go to other teams as Head Coaches and win Super Bowls with them. Billick, Dungy, Tomlin...let's not add Frazier to the list without at least seeing what he can do for us!

All the on here needs to :cheer: and look at the positive sides! The team did look better, the players did play more disciplined, the play-calling did look better, etc.

How many points do the Vikings have to score to impress everyone? For Christ' sake! we went from 31-3 against our most hated rivals, the biggest blowout loss in 10 years or something, to a victory on the road over a team that still has a chance to make the playoffs. Hey, that's all I could ask for.
    What do you think the score would be if we played our rivals that blew us out 31-3 again today? :unsure:
    Probably 28-17. :lol:

I'm just trying to say that a win is a win and that several aspects of the Vikings game looked much improved. I can't remember the last time we had so little penalties and turnovers. I'm pretty sure it was the first time this year. Plus, Childress lost the last 8 games on the road, Frazier needed only one game to turn that around.

I'm definitely not saying that we should crack open a bottle of wine, but I will say this: A saw positives signs from Frazier's first game as HC, and I think most can agree with that.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081165

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything away from the win. I think some of us (now that the dust has settled) are just rethinking the whole game and coming away with possibly a little more tempered viewpoint of the win.

I bet the majority of us are worried about the Bills this week. The Bills for goodness sake.

Because of that, atleast for me, thats the way it is. Overjoyed with the win, but over time, just rethinking it a bit as we start looking at the Bills.
    I agree with you except for one detail. I saw a team that gave a better effort against the Skins.
    A good team? No, but a little better team, with the exception of special teams and safety play.

Will they beat the Bills at home?

They should but I have my doubts.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

While it is possible that the Vikings will announce Frazier's signing as early as this week, it is also possible that they will wait until after this week's game to determine whether Frazier can extend his run against better competition. The downside to the latter ploy is that the team allows Frazier more time to prove himself and consider that there are other openings in the off-season. That would increase Frazier's asking price and the Vikings would prefer, of course, to pay less rather than more for the same product. It would also at least create the possibility that the Vikings would be searching for a new head coach this off-season, having let get away the coach that they preferred.
    Vikings Ready to Make Frazier Permanent Head Coach

Hmmmmm, although this cat seems to be winning me over, I'm not so sure I think I would do anything rash especially if it just because you want to save a few bucks.

If he's the man, pay him, but for cripes sake lets find out if he is the man first.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082084
    While it is possible that the Vikings will announce Frazier's signing as early as this week, it is also possible that they will wait until after this week's game to determine whether Frazier can extend his run against better competition. The downside to the latter ploy is that the team allows Frazier more time to prove himself and consider that there are other openings in the off-season. That would increase Frazier's asking price and the Vikings would prefer, of course, to pay less rather than more for the same product. It would also at least create the possibility that the Vikings would be searching for a new head coach this off-season, having let get away the coach that they preferred.
    Vikings Ready to Make Frazier Permanent Head Coach

Hmmmmm, although this cat seems to be winning me over, I'm not so sure I think I would do anything rash especially if it just because you want to save a few bucks.

If he's the man, pay him, but for cripes sake lets find out if he is the man first.
    Agreed. If they want him later on, then that's fine, but do NOT extend him now. Its the same thing they did with Chilly, and that backfired.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

From a financial standpoint, it makes perfect sense. Why overpay him, or any other coach when the organization's future is still up in the air, pending a new stadium? That's also likely why they haven't re-signed their key players yet also.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011