Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: THE OFFICIAL "WHO IS OUR NEXT COACH" THREAD?

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080272
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1080173
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1080117
    Looks like today is a good indicator that we have a coach who will last a long time.
    After 1 game? I hope you are smarter than that.

At least wait until the season plays out to see what happens.
    I am not about to let a Billick, Tomlin, or Dungy go again. I am not crowning him after 1 game but he is off to a damn good start. DAMN GOOD!
    He's off to the same exact start as Childress was in 2006.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080286
    Looks like today is a good indicator that we have a coach who will last a long time.

I am not about to let a Billick, Tomlin, or Dungy go again. I am not crowning him after 1 game but he is off to a damn good start. DAMN GOOD!

=Z=
    Hence the reason I am not crowning him. Did you even read my post. Good god.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080294

Yes, I read it. The bit about crowning was overshadowed by the superfluous "DAMN GOOD!" at the end.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080298

Yes, I read it. The bit about crowning was overshadowed by the superfluous "DAMN GOOD!" at the end.

=Z=
    As painful as it is, I agree with Zeus on this. We didn't blow out the Skins. We didn't show a dominant Offense. We didn't completely shut them down defensively.

We won...by 4 points.

This is not a ticker-tape parade moment. This is a "We beat a team we should have beaten" moment...and with THIS team, we should have been able to do that on auto-pilot.

So far, I can't think of any reason to compare Frazier with Dungy. And given the opportunity, I'd get Tony back here to coach over Leslie ANY DAY.

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1080355
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080298

=Z=
    As painful as it is, I agree with Zeus on this. We didn't blow out the Skins. We didn't show a dominant Offense. We didn't completely shut them down defensively.

We won...by 4 points.

This is not a ticker-tape parade moment. This is a "We beat a team we should have beaten" moment...and with THIS team, we should have been able to do that on auto-pilot.

So far, I can't think of any reason to compare Frazier with Dungy. And given the opportunity, I'd get Tony back here to coach over Leslie ANY DAY.

Caine
    I agree because I never said it was a dominant performance. Just a step in the right direction.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

A step?

Truly, when compared to the last game....this was a quantum LEAP forward.

Of course we have no crystal ball.

But Frazier had a huge success in uniting a team that was seriously fragmented by the disruptive actions of the last coach.

The "Who is Our Next Coach" discussion is moot unless the new team attitude falls apart.

Winning or losing is not as important as giving honest effort and maintaining loyalty, pride and high moral even in defeat.

If the new attitude sticks, the winning will come in time.

Not a step, but a leap forward.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't think anyone is saying that we should sign Frazier to a 10-year contract after one victory.

Having said that...

We should be at least SOMEWHAT satisfied that he was able to get the team unified and energized enough to pull out a late November road WIN, considering the 8 previous road games were all in the Loss column. Who cares if was only a 4-point margin...a win is a win, and a ROAD win by a new HC is even better.

I agree that we should wait and see how things go, but if he's able to coach this team into 3 or more wins out of the last 5, I think it would be foolish to just let him go.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm just SICK of seeing our Coordinators go to other teams as Head Coaches and win Super Bowls with them. Billick, Dungy, Tomlin...let's not add Frazier to the list without at least seeing what he can do for us!

JMO

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1081133
    I don't think anyone is saying that we should sign Frazier to a 10-year contract after one victory.

Having said that...

We should be at least SOMEWHAT satisfied that he was able to get the team unified and energized enough to pull out a late November road WIN, considering the 8 previous road games were all in the Loss column. Who cares if was only a 4-point margin...a win is a win, and a ROAD win by a new HC is even better.

I agree that we should wait and see how things go, but if he's able to coach this team into 3 or more wins out of the last 5, I think it would be foolish to just let him go.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm just SICK of seeing our Coordinators go to other teams as Head Coaches and win Super Bowls with them. Billick, Dungy, Tomlin...let's not add Frazier to the list without at least seeing what he can do for us!

JMO
    You know, the more I think about the Deadskins game, does anyone really believe that we looked that much more "Engergized"?

Again, we barely beat the Deadskins, and if it wasn't for a penalty at the end of the game, we wouldn't have done that because of crappy ST's play.

Farewell stopped and Griff was out of position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1081133

THANK YOU, ndnorseman! Great post!

All the on here needs to :cheer: and look at the positive sides! The team did look better, the players did play more disciplined, the play-calling did look better, etc.

How many points do the Vikings have to score to impress everyone? For Christ' sake! we went from 31-3 against our most hated rivals, the biggest blowout loss in 10 years or something, to a victory on the road over a team that still has a chance to make the playoffs. Hey, that's all I could ask for.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Chucky isssss back???

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1079037
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    I'm not a big Gruden fan. All he's done is win a Superbowl with Dungy's team, then sink that franchise into the crapper afterwards.

Unless, of course, he promises a KAO...then I'm all for it...
    :S

Caine
    +1

Need Cowher
    +1,000,000

One name no one has said is Jim Harbaugh. I like his attitude and his demeanor. He took a program like Stanford and made them, a top five team that is almost impossible. he is the ravens coach's brother.
    Wasn't his dad also a coach?

And maxvike mentioned it a couple of posts prior.
    Yes, I get to the dance a little late sometimes. I was reading posts that were older to get an insight as to what is being thought of and I wrote my post before I got to Maxvike's post. Sometimes I am not on this site for days or weeks so I go back and read from teh beginning, sorry.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast