Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shahrukahn is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Outside of AD & Harvin, not a whole lot of positives on todays game.

While we're still waiting for our 1st RD, 2nd year young QB to come in to his own, we just saw what a 3 RD rookie QB can do.

Walsh still is our leading points scorer.

If they want to keep Harvin on this team long term, they better sign him up now. If he gets more pissed at Frazier than what he did today, he may not want any part of this team when he hits FA, if it even takes that long.

I don't think Harvin was pissed at Frazier, as much as Frazier was the guy he let his frustration out at. I think he was pissed at Ponder, who missed him badly on a short throw, right after he got real fired up about the hit he had with the safety on the sideline a couple of plays earlier. A week or two ago, Ponder had another crappy pass over Harvin's head on almost the exact same play, and Harvin looked pissed then as he stared at Ponder going back to the huddle. I think frustration has been building with Harvin for a couple of weeks.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Harvin didn't do much today.
    AP was awesome.
    Ponder sucked
    Offensive Line sucked at pass protection.

I don't blame our WRs for being bad if they can't even get the ball. I am not sure if it is the QB or a combination of plays called and the QB.

We weren't as good as our record was and that is why we are losing now. We got beat by the Colts and barely squeaked by the Jags. We got beat by two rookie QBs.

If we finish 8-8 that will be an accomplishment. The Bears and Packers twice each, is problematic. We have to play the Texans in Houston and the Rams in St. Louis.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Ya, Harvin was pissed at Ponder's inaccuracy.

As far as Harvin wanting to be here next year, it may depend on how Ponder plays the rest of the season.

Ponder is not adjusting his game to what is happening to him. He is getting a lot of pressure and is getting rattled. I will defend him a bit by saying that the line and the RBs have not been picking up the stunts and blitzes very well. How does a QB go from a 70% completion rating (first 4 games) to what ever it is now? They got our number. Apparently there is enough film on our linemen and QB to make it easy to put a scheme together to stymie our offense.

The only thing they can't stymie is AP, that guy is in beast mode. WOW!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikadelic View Post
    I see a lot of angst toward the offense at this point but I am not sure it is directed at the appropriate culprits. This season, I have watched Seattle play four games and I have to say that they have one of the better defensive schemes I have seen.
    You mean that same defense that gave up an average of 296 passing yards per game in their previous 3 games?

They've got a decent passing defense, but 63 passing yards is about 1/5th of that average. Not even close. Their defense didn't make Ponder throw way off target every time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post

We weren't as good as our record was and that is why we are losing now. We got beat by the Colts and barely squeaked by the Jags. We got beat by two rookie QBs.
    Actually 3 of our 4 losses came at the hands of rookie QB's. Luck, RGIII & now 3rd round rookie Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    How does a QB go from a 70% completion rating (first 4 games) to what ever it is now?
    He's averaging 50% over the past 3 weeks.

Why has it dropped so much? Lost confidence, can't find his receivers or is locking in on one and ignoring the rest? Trying to throw more 5-8 yard passes instead of 0-5?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Ugh, this team makes me sick. The problem is, teams used to stack the box and single cover our Wideouts because they begged Ponder to beat us and he was kind of able to do that. Now, they say screw it, let AP run on us, keep guys out in coverage and eventually they will get the itch to throw and since Ponder blows he fuck it up. Oh, and then every now and then we'll blitz and Ponder will not see it or make any adjustment at the line. Oh, and when we play five yards off the receiver and Ponder attempts to throw a bubble screen in the flat he'll overthrow his man.

WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE! 63 yards, 58 yards two weeks earlier....my God, Vick just threw a 77 yard touchdown! Brutal.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    i have to be a bit harsh here..

less then 100 yrds in multi games is.. garbage..

I can't lay a finger on exactly WHAT the issue is.. but man o man.. WTF!!!!

AP still makes his yards.. the D is deffenitly missing something.. we were stout for so long, and now we're starting to resemble that rebuilding team back last year.

i'm not a coach.. i'm not an expert.. i'm not even an analysts. i'm a fan.. and i'm going to be a fan tomorrow, and next year.. and the year after.. i'm still gonna wake up @ 3 am to watch late games.. still gonna stay up till 2 am watching afternoon games..

does it mean i'm happy with what's going on.. hell no..

PH.. voice your opionin!! voice it loud!!

AP keep on walkin!!

Ponder.. stay after practice. use your wr's and work on timing, abilities.. how high can he jump.. how fast can he get there.. fix yourself!... run around @ home and plant your $#%!$% feet. practice that till you can't get it wrong!

rustymusty.. fix your O!!

Williams... get your D back to the tackling machine you had!!!

best thing i saw in this loss besides AP. SPT was solid.

other then that. we still have a lot of rebuilding to do.

DiGiTaL

ps..by the way.. havn't read anyone mention this yet..

but was rice's completion better looking then any of ponders?

(hehehe that should stoke the fire)
    Last edited by digital420; 11-06-2012 at 06:49 AM.

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Teams have been stacking the box and single covering our WR's since Moss left anf culpepper blew out his knee.

We have changed over every single position on the roster multiple times as well as gone through multiple coaching staffs over that period and we still look like the same exact team.

At some point I believe we need to stop looking at players and coaches and go straight to the top because this is what started when Wilf bought the team and so far every change we have made has resulted in the same outcome.

The team isn't suffering from a lack of talent. They have high caliber players on all sides of the roster. No team has first round studs at every position and we never will either. The problem IMHO is that there is no direction at the top. No blueprint of how to run the organization from top to bottom and when you have that you don't have stability or consistence. And that is where we are today.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Teams have been stacking the box and single covering our WR's since Moss left anf culpepper blew out his knee.

We have changed over every single position on the roster multiple times as well as gone through multiple coaching staffs over that period and we still look like the same exact team.

At some point I believe we need to stop looking at players and coaches and go straight to the top because this is what started when Wilf bought the team and so far every change we have made has resulted in the same outcome.

The team isn't suffering from a lack of talent. They have high caliber players on all sides of the roster. No team has first round studs at every position and we never will either. The problem IMHO is that there is no direction at the top. No blueprint of how to run the organization from top to bottom and when you have that you don't have stability or consistence. And that is where we are today.
    The blueprint is evolving in the right direction with the naming of a GM. However the GM position has been neutered to some degree; he has no say over coaches, which makes him a glorified director of player personel.
    But more importantly, the Wilfs have made poor choices with regard to GM, Coaches and staff.
    Spielman had a pretty good draft this year but has busted with free agents Carlson and Simpson. It has recently appeared in print that he was responsible for the Ponder reach.
    I feel the Wilfs are in this to win as well as make money. I can't believe they keep hiring people that have no significant record of success and expect to win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12