Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

OFFICIAL VIKINGS vs SEAHAWKS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Outside of AD & Harvin, not a whole lot of positives on todays game.

While we're still waiting for our 1st RD, 2nd year young QB to come in to his own, we just saw what a 3 RD rookie QB can do.

Walsh still is our leading points scorer.

If they want to keep Harvin on this team long term, they better sign him up now. If he gets more pissed at Frazier than what he did today, he may not want any part of this team when he hits FA, if it even takes that long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Singers,

After seeing what he did in training camp, and watching him today, I don't see a way possible that Harvin stays with this team. The only outside chance is to save face with the few players that are actually good on this team, and fire the entire coaching staff. Over pay for a guy like Bill Cowher, or someone like that, and get this team back to being what it was 15-20 years ago.

Even when you look back at what Culpepper, Moss, and Carter did, man alive this stupid ass WCO is a joke. I miss the days when Cunningham and Culpepper would air it out and completely break the backs of opposing teams. I miss having a young Randy Moss type of WR, and skillful player like Carter, and a defense led by guys like Randle who could actually tackle someone.

This is a shell of what this team used to be. I have no doubts in my mind that if you put Peterson on that 98 team with Moss, Carter, and Culpepper, the Vikings are SB Champs. Its a shame that this team has come to this. Even when AD has a huge game, the QB can only muster 63 f'n yards for the game. My god, that is highly pathetic.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Hell, bring Culpepper out of retirement, he could do a 100 times better than Ponder.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Sit Ponder! I have no faith in him! The playcalling is a joke! AD is running at will and he only gets 17 carries? Rudolph is not even used! Cook is missed! O-Line is having major problems pass protecting.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Well Robert Smith was a pretty good back, and could catch out of the backfield so AP probably doesn't help us win the bowl in '98. If we had a DB that could catch a ball we're probably SB champs, right Robert Griffith haha?

But I miss Culpepper too, well the old Culpepper, not the turnover machine he became. He was the closest we came to having our own franchise QB in the past 35 years.

And yeah there's no reason to only throw for 63yds when your back has a day like AP had today. Play action should have been money, there should have been guys open all over the place. Our longest completion was only 14yds and most of that was probably yac. All I remember was a bunch of 2 and 4yd dumps, and the occasional down field pass that wasn't even in the same zip code as the intended receiver.

Shame on the defense too for not being able to tackle and for not sacking a rookie QB until the 4th quarter. And how the hell were their receivers so wide open down field? Pathetic all around. AP, PH, and our special teams is the only thing clicking right now. I can't believe how good our kick coverage has been.

This team is so embarrassing again. Just 4 weeks ago we were killing the Titans and thinking about the playoffs. Hell we were even talking about being 9-1 and 8-2 by the bye week. What were we thinking? It's like we forget this is the Vikings and they're notorious for collapses and let downs.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Just pathetic.

Our pass protection is atrocious
    Our receivers outside of Harvin is brutal.
    Our playcalling is a joke
    We run for 180+ f'n yards and only throw for less than 70? WTF!?

We're not a playoff team, we got lucky, our luck has run out.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Well Robert Smith was a pretty good back, and could catch out of the backfield so AP probably doesn't help us win the bowl in '98. If we had a DB that could catch a ball we're probably SB champs, right Robert Griffith haha?

But I miss Culpepper too, well the old Culpepper, not the turnover machine he became. He was the closest we came to having our own franchise QB in the past 35 years.

And yeah there's no reason to only throw for 63yds when your back has a day like AP had today. Play action should have been money, there should have been guys open all over the place. Our longest completion was only 14yds and most of that was probably yac. All I remember was a bunch of 2 and 4yd dumps, and the occasional down field pass that wasn't even in the same zip code as the intended receiver.

Shame on the defense too for not being able to tackle and for not sacking a rookie QB until the 4th quarter. And how the hell were their receivers so wide open down field? Pathetic all around. AP, PH, and our special teams is the only thing clicking right now. I can't believe how good our kick coverage has been.

This team is so embarrassing again. Just 4 weeks ago we were killing the Titans and thinking about the playoffs. Hell we were even talking about being 9-1 and 8-2 by the bye week. What were we thinking? It's like we forget this is the Vikings and they're notorious for collapses and let downs.

This is definitely not the same team that played the first month of the year. No one can do an epic collapse like us.

Vikadelic is offline Starter
    I see a lot of angst toward the offense at this point but I am not sure it is directed at the appropriate culprits. This season, I have watched Seattle play four games and I have to say that they have one of the better defensive schemes I have seen. Our offense put up enough points to win today. AP had a hell of a day. I was quite surprised and pleased that he had so much success. Seattle has shut down some of the best offenses in the NFL this season. My beef is with the defense. Our guys gave up more points to Seattle than any other team this year. The tackling was non-existent and an absolutely horrible showing all the way around.
    Just my two cents worth.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    The Seahawks have probably the second worst offense in the league. The way our defense is playing right now is inexcusable.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well offense may score you the points and defense winds you the game. But it is the QB that will get you there as only AP and Percy Harvin can go as so far!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast