Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    A few thoughts.....

a. For those of you who think teams are going to lose on purpose just so they get a higher draft pick, I raise the bullshit flag. These players get paid to produce. If they don't produce they don't get paid. Its called incentives/escalators/clauses in their contracts.
    Here is another thought. It may not be the players but the FO who may see the benefit. Actually it can be a dual benefit in not only getting a higher pick, but also not having to pay those incentives/escalators you speak of.

As to were we are going to draft, that won't be decided until the last game. In case you didn't notice, the team that needs luck the most just went out and won.
    It didn't hurt their chances because the other team nearest the bottom that might have taken him won too. The only other team in the hunt already has a 50 million dollar commitment to a QB.

Besides, the draft isn't about 1 pick. Last time I checked, most teams will have multiple picks.
    But that one pick at the top of the draft gives you the best chance at drafting a player that can have the greatest impact on the team.

b. I love it when we win but I especially love it when we win with BACKUPS.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Who was it was telling me that we have no talent on this team.
    Me. And I am just waiting to hear how beating Washington dispels any of that.

c. Bunch sets vs Spread sets and how it affects our offense. Anyone with half a brain should have come away from that game never wanting to see another bunched set. Hell, we had a QB that can only run, do well with 3 WR sets....and.....GUESS WHAT......Defenders still had to go out and defend those WR's even though they knew pretty damn well he wasn't going to throw to them.

You can win with bunched sets if you have the commitment, the talent, and the right coaches. We don't.

d. Shortwellllllllllllllll. Missed a PAT for cripes sake and I swear his kicks are not only getting shorter, they have less fricken hang time. Damn I'd hate to be on that ST's coverage crew.
    I am fine with getting rid of him but he is so far from our biggest problem that I am not going to comment any farther on him until the other spots are addressed.

e. DT's. Royster (yes Royster) just put up 132 yards against us. I wonder what Bell will do seeings how he put up 121 against the PUKERS. Can I finally get a AMEN from the congregation for a 0 Technique run stuffing/pocket collapsing NT?
    A 3-4 defense would fix that too.

In the end, it was a great win and I'm glad to see it regardless of what it MIGHT HAVE DONE to our draft position.
    Yeah, hopefully it will convince the Ziggster that everything is hunky dory with the team so they can keep everything just the way it is and hope for a better record next year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Mistral Raymond Nominated For Pepsi Rookie Of The Week - Daily Norseman

So enlighten me..........INT by the S or was it a INT caused by pressure from the DL? Lets not forget, young Mistral was standing back (behind the reciever) in his zone when the ball was thrown to him.
    Who cares. It was the first one in what- 2 months? The secondary is possibly the most inept group in the history of the NFL. Setting a league record foe futility in INT's is no basis for celebrating when you finally break the streak.

One more step to access Purplepride.org Minnesota Vikings Message Board - The Front Page

CAPTCHA:

Optional message for site owner (100 characters max):

View advanced details and evidence regarding your restriction

Your action has triggered the website's security system because of a phrase or content in your submission. Often automated bots will try to post spam campaigns (like ads for Rolex watches or medications) or injection attacks on websites. This website is taking precaution to stop these automated threats. If you are reading this, then you are likely a human trying to post a comment or log in to the website. Continue by entering the CAPTCHA.

What happened?

The security system for this website has been triggered because of a phrase or content in your submission. If you are reading this, you are most likely a human visitor trying to log in or post a comment that triggered the system.

When will this restriction go away?

This restriction will disappear when no more harmful behavior is detected. Completing the challenge above proves you are a human and gives you temporary access. You can ask the website owner to permanently whitelist you.
    Note: your actions have been logged.

Last edited by Purple Floyd; 12-27-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: The damn spam sensor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234