Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    I was honestly a little bummed when I found out the Vikes won (was on the road and with family so didn't get to watch the game). But as soon as I heard what happened with AP, my heart sunk. I will be completely shocked if he plays in a game before the beginning of the 2014 season. And then to top things off, our potential QB of the future may have concussion issues.

    Wow, God(s), seriously? You must REALLY hate the Vikings.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #22
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358
    After all this years following this team ,I can say God is a packer.
    El underdog.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    A few thoughts.....

    a. For those of you who think teams are going to lose on purpose just so they get a higher draft pick, I raise the bullshit flag. These players get paid to produce. If they don't produce they don't get paid. Its called incentives/escalators/clauses in their contracts.

    As to were we are going to draft, that won't be decided until the last game. In case you didn't notice, the team that needs luck the most just went out and won.

    Besides, the draft isn't about 1 pick. Last time I checked, most teams will have multiple picks.

    b. I love it when we win but I especially love it when we win with BACKUPS.

    Who was it was telling me that we have no talent on this team.

    c. Bunch sets vs Spread sets and how it affects our offense. Anyone with half a brain should have come away from that game never wanting to see another bunched set. Hell, we had a QB that can only run, do well with 3 WR sets....and.....GUESS WHAT......Defenders still had to go out and defend those WR's even though they knew pretty damn well he wasn't going to throw to them.

    d. Shortwellllllllllllllll. Missed a PAT for cripes sake and I swear his kicks are not only getting shorter, they have less fricken hang time. Damn I'd hate to be on that ST's coverage crew.

    e. DT's. Royster (yes Royster) just put up 132 yards against us. I wonder what Bell will do seeings how he put up 121 against the PUKERS. Can I finally get a AMEN from the congregation for a 0 Technique run stuffing/pocket collapsing NT?

    In the end, it was a great win and I'm glad to see it regardless of what it MIGHT HAVE DONE to our draft position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Who was it was telling me that we have no talent on this team.
    Me. This team lacks talent and depth as well as coaching and front office ability.
    You can blame it all on the coaches but that is a simplistic view.
    Don't use the same players as 2009 rebuttal unless you care to explain the difference between 2009 and 2010 when the coaching staff remained the same for most of the season.
    Oh yeah, that was probably Favres fault, right!

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Me. This team lacks talent and depth as well as coaching and front office ability.
    You can blame it all on the coaches but that is a simplistic view.
    Don't use the same players as 2009 rebuttal unless you care to explain the difference between 2009 and 2010 when the coaching staff remained the same for most of the season.
    Oh yeah, that was probably Favres fault, right!
    Actually I was referring to a few of the "old time posters" on here and not you, however, I will reply to you as one......

    The 2009 and 2010 season is way to easy to explain. Search the site, I've done it repeatedly.....In its simplest version......

    a. The Noodle (yes I blame him) could not move around like he did in 2009.
    b. WR's weren't there. Rice and Harvin both missed much of the season.

    The offense the Chiller ran was predicated on a moving pocket. When that didn't work the whole offense sucked. Case in point, same OL, same Coaches, Webb at QB, beat the Iggles.

    Same thing is going on here. Offensive makeup is designed to work off of movement out of a play action fake much the same way it worked in 2009 with a mobile Noodle. Instead we see Bunch sets/max protect and a offense that looks like crap.

    Down goes Ponder, in comes Webb. Multiple WR sets, Toby gashing the defense, Webb moves out of the pocket with an option to throw, run or pitch to the outside back, everything clicks.

    Pretty simple.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Actually I was referring to a few of the "old time posters" on here and not you, however, I will reply to you as one......

    The 2009 and 2010 season is way to easy to explain. Search the site, I've done it repeatedly.....In its simplest version......

    a. The Noodle (yes I blame him) could not move around like he did in 2009.
    b. WR's weren't there. Rice and Harvin both missed much of the season.

    The offense the Chiller ran was predicated on a moving pocket. When that didn't work the whole offense sucked. Case in point, same OL, same Coaches, Webb at QB, beat the Iggles.

    Same thing is going on here. Offensive makeup is designed to work off of movement out of a play action fake much the same way it worked in 2009 with a mobile Noodle. Instead we see Bunch sets/max protect and a offense that looks like crap.

    Down goes Ponder, in comes Webb. Multiple WR sets, Toby gashing the defense, Webb moves out of the pocket with an option to throw, run or pitch to the outside back, everything clicks.

    Pretty simple.
    Ok. Webb beat the Eagles with a new coach.
    That's a pretty good explaination. I have to give the front office or Childress a great deal of the blame.
    Bringing back the Noodle after the Saints beat the crap out of him was the mistake. I don't think he ever fully recovered from his ankle surgery.
    And every team knew the way to beat Favre was to hurt him.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ok. Webb beat the Eagles with a new coach.
    That's a pretty good explaination. I have to give the front office or Childress a great deal of the blame.
    Bringing back the Noodle after the Saints beat the crap out of him was the mistake. I don't think he ever fully recovered from his ankle surgery.
    And every team knew the way to beat Favre was to hurt him.
    Good stuff, but you have to really take it to the next level (don't blame the Noodle) and say that the Aints showed how to beat the Vikings.

    Flood the gaps, tackle AD on your way to the QB, cause every team has been doing it since.

    I think you get a O-coord in that knows how to use this team (establish the run/play action fake/roll QB out/Dink dunk to TE's and Crossing WR's) we will continue to be beat like a drum.

    Again, back to the Deadskins game. We were only successfull cause Toby started out gashing it up the A and B gaps. Once that happened, everything else opened up. But that only happened because the O-coord got away from bunch sets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    b. WR's weren't there. Rice and Harvin both missed much of the season.
    Percy Harvin played in 14 games, starting 13 and had 71 catches in 2010.

    Not to confuse you with actual facts, dude.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Percy Harvin played in 14 games, starting 13 and had 71 catches in 2010.

    Not to confuse you with actual facts, dude.

    =Z=
    LOL, facts or your quick check of the "Stats" page.

    Here's a mind bender for ya dude.....define played in.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Oh, and there was that minor moment where he recorded the first Vikings' interception since Paul Krause Joey Browner Darren Sharper Jamarca Sanford got one at the end of the Arizona game, snapping a string of 298 pass attempts and 39+ quarters of football since the Vikings caught a pass thrown by the opposing quarterback
    Mistral Raymond Nominated For Pepsi Rookie Of The Week - Daily Norseman

    So enlighten me..........INT by the S or was it a INT caused by pressure from the DL? Lets not forget, young Mistral was standing back (behind the reciever) in his zone when the ball was thrown to him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •