Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Are you suggesting that just because we're out of the playoffs we should rest our starters? No. He's a football player, he should be playing. Injuries happen. This one sucks big time, but calling out our coaches for playing him is fucking stupid.
    Had he been 100% healthy, I would totally agree with you. But he wasn't. They should have put him on the IR after the high ankle sprain. Let's pray it's just the ACL, and not the MCL/PCL like Daunte's. If it's all of them, it's would be nearly impossible to fully recover.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    WTF. You cry when we loose you cry when we win. It sucks the AD and Ponder got hurt but they will be back. TG played a good game and Webb played a good game. Our D showed up and we won. JA has the sack lead. Can't anyone be happy.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Had he been 100% healthy, I would totally agree with you. But he wasn't. They should have put him on the IR after the high ankle sprain. Let's pray it's just the ACL, and not the MCL/PCL like Daunte's. If it's all of them, it's would be nearly impossible to fully recover.
    Disagree. they asy HIgh ankle sprains are tough to recover from, but his can't have been that bad considering he was back in beast mode in 3 weeks. He was good enough to play, it was a freak injury. Putting him on IR for a sprained ankle was overkill. Yeah, it would have helped int he suck-for-luck campaign, but it's just being overly cautious, and unnecessary

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    WTF. You cry when we loose you cry when we win. It sucks the AD and Ponder got hurt but they will be back. TG played a good game and Webb played a good game. Our D showed up and we won. JA has the sack lead. Can't anyone be happy.
    Why would we be happy? AP got hurt, chance he'll never be the same, and we got a meaningless victory that took us out of contention for the top pick in the draft. I want us to win when it matters, not when it's beneficial for us to lose.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I'm not the type to root for the vikings to lose EVER. I really don't care about the pick in the draft and all that crap. I'm always happy for a viking win.

Peterson should not have been playing though, he wasn't 100% and there really wasn't much to play for. Hope he comes back strong next year.

BrazilianRider is offline Waterboy

Thumbs up

Torn ACL, MCL... Hate to say I called it...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianRider View Post
    Torn ACL, MCL... Hate to say I called it...

You called it?
    I should have consulted with you before buying my lottery tickets, i could retire at 39.

AP said this week that he was playing because he loves the game. We were lucky to get thru last week, when he was 85%, but he said he was playing for the fantasy owners. THAT was a ridiculous thing to say, and worse reason to play.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Confirmed by ESPN....Torn ACL & MCL. 9 Months of Rehab.

Lost Peterson, Lost the #1 pick, Ponder concussion...could be one of the worst wins ever! But Peterson should have played, this is football and injury is part of the game. Rooting for a L is bullshit, as much as I would have wanted Luck..you never go out on the field and play to loose.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I'm not the type to root for the vikings to lose EVER. I really don't care about the pick in the draft and all that crap. I'm always happy for a viking win.
    That's because you aren't a big picture guy.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast