Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Official Vikings vs. Redskins Postgame Thread

Well, that couldn't have been any worse.

Adrian Peterson had one of the most gruesome looking knee injuries that I've ever seen. We are out of the running for the #1 pick. Ponder got raped all game. Then our backups came in and completely ruined our draft position. I said I would never cheer for a loss. But I can honestly say that I wasn't even a little bit happy when we took over the lead. If we win next week, we will be in like a 10 way tie with 4 wins, and get another shitty middle of the road pick. For the good of this franchise, we can't beat the Bears next week. We just can't. Our pick would go from top 3 to barely in the top 10. Never been so unhappy with a win in my entire life.

/rant

UPDATE:

In Frazier's press conference, he claimed that AP has a sprained knee. Does that mean no ligament damage? It looked like a clear cut torn ACL to me.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 12-24-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

BrazilianRider is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    UPDATE:

In Frazier's press conference, he claimed that AP has a sprained knee. Does that mean no ligament damage? It looked like a clear cut torn ACL to me.
    I wouldn't be too excited just yet. I've torn my ACL three times over the past year (twice on the left knee, once on the right knee... Jesus Christ, worst year ever for sports injury in my life), and twice when I went to the hospital they told me I had just probably sprained my knee. The issue is that when you first tear your ACL, your hamstrings tense up and take over so when they do the tests, it doesn't feel like anything is wrong, however, in a few days we should know for sure though...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    A sprain is a tear of a ligament. The amount of the tear is indicated by the grade the sprain is given.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Well, isnt this a sharp stick to the eye? LHM!!! How can an ugly win be any uglier?

July 4 1776 is offline Training Camp
    Seriously now you want to win? We had a chance at a first pick that coulda beeen traded for an entire offensive line and maybe a saftey. Now with our upper managment there gonna consider starting webb next swheason hindering his abilities as a reciver and ponders abilities as a qb. I can't take another ten years of mediocre qb play from a tarvaris jackson clone.
    AP AD

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    This was literally a worse case scenario.

Ponder hurt. AP with a potentially career changing injury. And we lose any shot at the #1 pick.

Sick, frustrating, awful. This is almost as bad as a great year that ends in disappointment. Heck, maybe even worse.

To correct the original poster's point though, we would not be in a "10-way tie" if we win next week.

Potentially, if we win and the other 4 win teams lose the draft order would be:

1) Indy
    2) St. Louis
    3) Jacksonville
    4) Tampa
    5) Cleveland
    6 Minnesota

That's based upon current strength of schedule, but the Vikings have the 7th hardest schedule in the league, and none of those teams can catch us in the next week. I would prefer to lose next week and end up with the 3rd overall pick. But 6 still isn't too bad.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I hate seeing guys get injured but Webb and Toby really stepped in and played some damn good football.

Webb is making me believe that maybe we gave up on him too soon. He was a very raw prospect and he has shown improvement. He definitely deserves a real shot at starting. There is no reason to just hand Ponder the starting gig.

Question

Can someone please tell me why Peterson is playing in a meaningless game against a meaningless opponent in a meaningless season? Now he will be rehabbing all offseason just so we can win 3 games instead of 2. What an end to a crappy season.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Can someone please tell me why Peterson is playing in a meaningless game against a meaningless opponent in a meaningless season? Now he will be rehabbing all offseason just so we can win 3 games instead of 2. What an end to a crappy season.
    Are you suggesting that just because we're out of the playoffs we should rest our starters? No. He's a football player, he should be playing. Injuries happen. This one sucks big time, but calling out our coaches for playing him is fucking stupid.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Well if you wanted AP to sit out of meaningless games they should've shut him down at the bye week and I don't think anyone would've been too happy if they did that. It was just a freak injury. Football would flat out suck if teams shut their stars down after being eliminated. I already hate the current NFL and it's overly cautious attitude. It's almost a mental illness with how careful teams have gotten with their players, so I can't find any blame with playing AP in these meaningless games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast