Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Official Vikings vs Cowboys post game thread

We kicked Cowboy butt today. I love it. Only 3 points, how do you feel about that if you are a Boys fan?

Someone said they thought pH had a so so game. I thought he was contributing. They held him in check with the touchbacks. But, they had to account for him on offense. He had a nice little run to mix it up. Favre missed him on one shot when he sat down in the middle. pH was held (PI) on one play that wasn't called, should have been a first down.

Berrian was also held (PI) early on and it wasn't called. Berrian had that nice catch, tried to split two defenders and almost blew through them with his speed. I think that hammy issue is in the past, cross fingers. Berrian had a chance for a really good catch on the sideline, but he doesn't have good feet/sideline presence.

I would like to see more Chester.

I hope our D can play like that next week. Skol Vikes!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

TWO PAGES.....TWO FRICKEN PAGES.....WOW

First, let me thank the Wilf ownership group for buying this team and giving the staff everything they need to put a contender on the field.

Second, let me give my boy Leslie props. You dialed it up this week and the boys up front executed. Funny how good our LB'rs and Secondary play when the "Bigs" up front do thier job.

DL - What a great game by the front four (including all the rotation guys). Are there any Ray Edwards doubters left out there? Dude has had a monster year and this game was the capper. You set the tone today my friend and the rest of the team followed your lead. I hope to all that is holy, the FO pukes resign you.

DB's - Said it a couple of weeks ago. This team plays better with Benny out there and Whinny coming in off the bench. I hope they stick with that mix next week.

Kindof torn on the Jamarcus vs STJ decision. STJ had one heck of a game without much mention.

"Fill Ins" - Anyone notice how the talking heads were ready to point out the flaws in our defense (Jasper/Benny/STJ) up front, but when the boys were hitting it, they never once mentioned how the "Fill ins" were stepping up.

OL did a pretty good job as a whole but still seeing alot of cats in the backfield or filling gaps because of missed blocking on running plays.

WR's/TE's...How about El Syd. Anyone still want Jarrett? Even BB got a few nice catches. Damn nice catch at the end Shanc. Glad to see you get a TD for all your efforts blocking today.

ST's - Other than the damn short KO'fs, that was one heck of a job by all, especially Kluwe. Heck, even Farwell got a tackle.

Coaching staff. I'm sure glad you listened to me and let the guys have some time off. No need to over work them. :P

JK, congrats on your first playoff win Chiller. Maybe it was a good thing they extended you early so that you could focus on the rest of the season instead of a contract.

Last, but not least, props to the fans in the seats. I could feel ya all the way down here.

What a great season. Lets all enjoy the rest of the ride we have left, that even includes the Noodle.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

What a great game!

I cant really say we were good in teh first quarter offensively, after that we were starting to clicking. I feeli like thr first TD was a looongshot and a chance well taken.Had teh cowboy covering rice been doing his job it would have eben an INT, IMHO. After that and teh cowboays gotbehind it opened up teh passrush and everything after that went smooth both defensivley and offensivley.

I had a wonderful time, seeing the game at the ESPN Club at the boardwalk, orlando. Not my fiorst choice of pöace to see th agme. But boy , did i make some new friends there. i can honestly say that my voice is alsmot out after shouting my lungs out and drinking tequila and some purple haze shot someone in teh vikingsgang in teh bar treated all vikingsfans for rounds.

in a sidenote. Ill be heading to NOLA this weekend to see the game. Ill have a hard time staying uptodate and connected while being here in orlando on a conference, so if you are heading to NOLA and want to meetup either before or at the tailgate either text me at +46 70 3985669 or email me at [email protected] Ill be checking thiose fairly regularly.

SKÅL!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Dekay wrote:
    What a great game!

I cant really say we were good in teh first quarter offensively, after that we were starting to clicking. I feeli like thr first TD was a looongshot and a chance well taken.Had teh cowboy covering rice been doing his job it would have eben an INT, IMHO. After that and teh cowboays gotbehind it opened up teh passrush and everything after that went smooth both defensivley and offensivley.

I had a wonderful time, seeing the game at the ESPN Club at the boardwalk, orlando. Not my fiorst choice of pöace to see th agme. But boy , did i make some new friends there. i can honestly say that my voice is alsmot out after shouting my lungs out and drinking tequila and some purple haze shot someone in teh vikingsgang in teh bar treated all vikingsfans for rounds.

in a sidenote. Ill be heading to NOLA this weekend to see the game. Ill have a hard time staying uptodate and connected while being here in orlando on a conference, so if you are heading to NOLA and want to meetup either before or at the tailgate either text me at +46 70 3985669 or email me at [email protected] Ill be checking thiose fairly regularly.

SKÅL!!!
    Be safe in your travels my friend, and out yell all them Aint fans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

keystonevike is offline Starter

Awesome win. So much for the hottest team in the playoffs. We made 'em look like they didn't belong.
    Standouts:
    Ray Edwards-great game.Hope the knee isn't serious, we'll need you next week.
    Sidney Rice-3 TDs
    Kick/punt coverage (one area I was concerned about)-outstanding.
    Kris Kluwe- the few punts he did have (lol) were all very good.
    The same kind of effort will be needed in Nawleans.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

What an amazing game! It looked to me like Romo was lacking confidence after their first two drives. You could see it in his face when they showed him on the sidelines.

It's just my observation, but I don't think that AP is hitting the line like he used to. It looks as if he's dancing around instead of just plowing through. Still, he takes a lot of focus off the rest of the offence so we can move the ball.

Defense, as it's been stated throughout this thread, was HUGE! They looked great the entire game.

Who else is tired of the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman anouncing duo? I know I am. Especially when they say things like "The Vikings haven't allowed (enter subject here) all season", and then the opposing team goes out and does just that. I was afraid that the Pies would score on the openening drive just because they said that no opponent had done it all season.

Refs=flag happy. 'Nuff said.

All in all, it was a great victory, and I'm looking forward to seeing next week's matchup. #1 vs. #2, the way it should be. Personally, the only bad thing for me is that if the Vikes make it to the Super Bowl and win, I won't be in the states to celebrate. Thank goodness for AFN!!!!!

Take care PPO faithfull. SKOL!!!
    Code 1, I'm out......

Peace through superior firepower!

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

gregair13 wrote:
    Ray freaking Edwards. By the beard of Thor was he great today.
    Running game struggled, but it controlled the clock and gave us a chance to convert 3rd and shorts.
    Passing game was really simple and controlled. Rice. Obviously a God among men now.
    Special teams really crushed it today. Lights out everywhere. Kluwe was sick. Longwell didn't miss. We even had great coverage.

All in all, a complete destruction.

BRING ON THE AINTS.
    YES! RAY FREAKING EDWARDS...PLAYED LIKE A MAN ON A MISSION...ANYONE KNOW HOW HE IS DOING?

Props to Childress for wasting his own gas to pick up Favre from the airport. That should've got him AP Coach of the Year
    Sean Saunders

BRANflakes69 is offline Rookie

Dallas was held to a season-low 248 total yards.

shortmon is offline Rookie

That was totally sweet! shut the cowpie fans up.
    great game everyone.

Bring on the Saints

/Pants on the ground.
    //suck it Haters

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast