Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Official Vikings vs Cowboys post game thread

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    molineviking wrote:
    I have to respectfully disagree with you IBP, If we play like this next week we'll win, 34-3, 6 sacks, Berrian, Harvin, And Shank combined for 5 catches and we blew em out.

The Defense played great, especially in the second half, Edwards had a monster game, 5 takeaways, Another under 100yd rush opponent.

15 completions and a mediocre run game yet we won 34-3, Amazing!
    i dunno. Our D played pretty well, our line brought pressure, but our OL didn't block very well, which we'll need against the saints and their blitzes. We couldn't open up holes for Peterson. We need to have a balanced offensive attack in NO, if we can't run, it will be tough to win
    I think saying the D played "pretty well" is underselling them a little.

And our O-Line was pretty solid. Peterson ran HARD which was nice to see. Nothing huge, but he was hitting the line and pushing the pile ... something big will open up in time.
    defense played poorly in the first quarter, letting Dallas march down the field three times. They managed to make good stops though on third down, and forcing one fumble. From there, they played very well. If I were to rate them out of 10, it would be around a 7.5 - 8. They held romo under 200, but had poor run defense at times.

However, its not the D i'm worried about, its the O and coaching. We NEED to block well, I'll take only 70 yards on the ground, if we can pass effectively, but we need protection.

As well, the saints aren't a team we can get a lead on then shut down. If we're up by 14, we need to keep scoring. They're a very potent offense, capable of scoring at anytime. Two bad plays and its a tie game. Going into the half up by 21 won't even have me comfortable.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

D were amazing tonight didn't put a foot wrong. Garbage call on the kicker as usaul.

I think Rice has magnetised all the game balls and turns on his gloves when he needs a catch.

All in all I enjoyed this game so much and can't wait for next week. I'll be avoiding the score like mad as it's on a t 11.30 pm here so will watch it Monday night
    Purple till i die

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Breaktrough game for Ray Edwards today, he earned himself a first round tender on the RFA at least.. he dominated Mark Colombo - that was awesome..

Rice is fighting for the touchdowns - its really nice to see that he never gives up on a pass - you can just throw it out there and he is gonna give 100% to make it a catch..

Harvin had a somewhat bad game, which was surprising but who cares.. The Defene stepped up big time today and was the main reason for removing every confidence from the Cowboys, creating turnovers - keeping the crowd in the game and getting the offense good field position..

Props for Kluwe for dropping that punt on the 2..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Everyone ie NFL will be rootin for the Vikings cause no one wants brad childress coaching the pro bowl. Skol vikes! I expect peterson to feast on the saints poor run D

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Excellent defensive game plan and execution by the D. When you win in the trenches, you usually win the game. Beautiful to see our guys in Romo's face all day. Hope Ray's knee is OK.

Props to Sidney and Favre. Bring on the Saints.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

1hotchev is offline Training Camp

espn = ship of fools. today was fun.

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

OutF...ingstanding game on both sides of the ball!! If this team shows up at the Superdome then the next stop is Miami.

My hat is off to all who attended the game. From what we saw on TV you rocked the dome and did your jobs as well!!!!

SKOLLLLLLL!!!!! :woohoo:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Despite the score, IMO thisis a gamne that wasn't put away until the 4th quarter.

The Defense stepped up nicely as the game progressed. I was initially concerned with the way they were letting the Pies march down the field...but once they got in that groove, the D-Line never let Dallas establish themselves at all. We're going to need more of the same to beat New Orleans.

Offensively, aside from Childress getting conservative at the end of the 1st half and in the 3rd, I was very impressed with how the O was able to score repeatedly. I hope we bring that same precision to New Orleans.

I'm not sure what we can do to get Peterson more involved...that's something I wish we could correct.

Special teams was great today...no major gaffs.

I think this one a pretty darn good play-off victory...especially since we weren't picked to win it. So, to all the Cowboys fans whop were rude, arrogant, and repeatedly told us how we were outclassed....we've got two words for ya!!!

(For the couple of cool ones, good luck next season)

Hopefully the turds at ESPN will pick New Orleans this week...

Caine

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck yeah.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

What a great win! Everyone played well. Rice is simply awesome. I love the guy. Rarely celebrates, rarely makes mistakes. Hats off to the Dline. They stepped it up and got Homo pissed early.

Dispite the poor play calling and the refs (man i hope we dont get that crew in NO) we played ABOVE ourselves. The Saints are going to have their hands full.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast