Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Official Vikings vs Cowboys post game thread

Prophet wrote:
    marrdro, you're a helluva nice guy, but, you have definetly fallen in my spread sheets. Personally, I don't care if you don't like Favre, I don't like Randy Moss and I can give you plenty of reasons why I don't like him and some will disagree. Your early season rants were fine and legitimate for an opinion (noodle not being able to hold up, possible cancer and not helping others on the team, can't throw the deep ball, etc.) Those concerns have been proven wrong at multiple levels by the players on the team, the coaches, they are so obviously wrong that a 10 yr old fan could see that it is ridiculous to keep touting them.

When you first arrived at the boards I enjoyed reading your opinions, because they were backed up by a semblance of logical reasoning. Your disdain for Favre has clouded your logic. I now read all of your posts with a level of suspicion. Truthfully, I read every post on pp.o with a level of suspicion, but, there are a handful of posters where I can just enjoy what they say, knowing that what they are saying isn't just something pulled from their ass.

Bottom-line, it's not about crotch sniffing. You are the biggest proponent on the boards about it being a team game, including the coaching staff. It is beyond my understanding how anyone that follows the game with the intensity that you do cannot appreciate having a first ballot HOF QB leading the team when they have proven every single one of your concerns 100% wrong. That is insanity.

If Favre stays on next year and some of your concerns such as the noodle not being up to par and he goes into his forcing passes and tossing INTs like he's throwing candy to children in a parade I will want them to yank him and toss in whoever the backup is at the time. I cheer for the Vikings, always have, always will as long as they are the Minnesota Vikings. If a player is inked with the team and he makes the team better and he is a team player I will support him until there is a reason not to.

That, my friend, is the problem that some people have. The ONLY reason I even stay at this site is because there is a contingent of fans that try to keep each other honest when we pull stuff from our asses and our purple shades get a bit too tinted. If it wasn't for that group of people this site would be like every other lame NFL fan site on the Internet. There are only a select few that rise from the ashes, and this is one of them and it happens to be a Vikings site. BTW, there is one for the Saints that is excellent if you want to talk some ball (saintsreport.com).

That's all.

p.s. Fuck the pies.
    Are you sure your not a politician?

I kindof think that the cloud has spread to everyones vision on this whole matter.

The only difference is that I readily admit it. Others, well, the can't see the forest cause of the trees if you ask me.

Long story short, if you don't want me to point out what I think about the Noodle, don't poke me in a thread, especially when I went out of my way to not say anthing bad about the cat.

Look back, this all started when Whack had to step out and say something. If he wouldn't have opened up his keyboard, none of this would even be going on now would it.

Again, how would this comment be recieved is the word "Brett" was inserted instead of the word "Noodle"?

What a great season. Lets all enjoy the rest of the ride we have left, that even includes Brett.
    On a side note, I had to take out the word "The" cause I didn't want someone to hack on me for bad grammer. :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    TWO PAGES.....TWO FRICKEN PAGES.....WOW

First, let me thank the Wilf ownership group for buying this team and giving the staff everything they need to put a contender on the field.

Second, let me give my boy Leslie props. You dialed it up this week and the boys up front executed. Funny how good our LB'rs and Secondary play when the "Bigs" up front do thier job.

DL - What a great game by the front four (including all the rotation guys). Are there any Ray Edwards doubters left out there? Dude has had a monster year and this game was the capper. You set the tone today my friend and the rest of the team followed your lead. I hope to all that is holy, the FO pukes resign you.

DB's - Said it a couple of weeks ago. This team plays better with Benny out there and Whinny coming in off the bench. I hope they stick with that mix next week.

Kindof torn on the Jamarcus vs STJ decision. STJ had one heck of a game without much mention.

"Fill Ins" - Anyone notice how the talking heads were ready to point out the flaws in our defense (Jasper/Benny/STJ) up front, but when the boys were hitting it, they never once mentioned how the "Fill ins" were stepping up.

OL did a pretty good job as a whole but still seeing alot of cats in the backfield or filling gaps because of missed blocking on running plays.

WR's/TE's...How about El Syd. Anyone still want Jarrett? Even BB got a few nice catches. Damn nice catch at the end Shanc. Glad to see you get a TD for all your efforts blocking today.

ST's - Other than the damn short KO'fs, that was one heck of a job by all, especially Kluwe. Heck, even Farwell got a tackle.

Coaching staff. I'm sure glad you listened to me and let the guys have some time off. No need to over work them. :P

JK, congrats on your first playoff win Chiller. Maybe it was a good thing they extended you early so that you could focus on the rest of the season instead of a contract.

Last, but not least, props to the fans in the seats. I could feel ya all the way down here.

What a great season. Lets all enjoy the rest of the ride we have left, that even includes the Noodle.

Marrdro

Time to give it up and admit that you want to have Brett's babies!

That 1st TD to Sydney was perfectly thrown and if it wasn't Brett in there today this would have been a different game.

You and Singer said wait tell late in the season - well with the last 2 1/2 games he has been perfect so time to give it up and admit your man love.
    Couple of thoughts........

Did you see my post at the end of the season? Maybe you need to back the truck up a bit and then come to me about end of season stuff.....

The ball to Syd was not pefectly thrown, nor was the one to PH that was behind him, nor was the one to Shanc. Take a close look at them, especially the first one to Shanc without your man love glasses on and you will see that it was low (almost at the hip) to a reciever that was blanket covered. If the defender would have even looked back once, it would have been a pick. What made it work was that El Syd (as he has done all year) made a marvelous play and waited until the last second before reacting to the ball. If he would have done anything else, the defender would have turned, and again, pickkkkkkkkk.

PH was wide fricken open. He was so open he would still be running and what did the Noodle do? Threw behind him. I suppose you want to now try and convince me PH should have broke stride, adjusted and came back for that ball.

How about the throw to Shanc to run up the score. He had two steps on the cat and the Noodle still over threw it to the point Shanc had to lay out for it. I suppose you are going to try to tell me the Noodle was putting were Shanc could only catch it.

Comeon.....

Long story short, I've given the Noodle his props every which way from Sunday and have elected to not put crap like this in my post game rants cause it riles up the masses, but that still doesn't mean I am in love with him.

What must be faced here is that I will never like him no matter what and when guys like you realize that, you will quit trying to use ESPN drivel to convince me otherwise my friend.
    The overall consensus here is that you (Marr) needs to drop whole Favre thing...entirely.

If it's not giving him the props he deserves, it is the little jabs you throw out. You did an entire analysis about the team and really nothing about Favre. Then...you go on to say those balls were perfectly thrown. Who really gives a shit? It's the end result. What about the ball that was perfect as Favre was rolling to his right, threw across his body and hit Rice? What about Shanks TD? What about 4 TD's and ZERO turnovers? Throwing a TD with a Cowboy in his face? What about the leadership and motivation he provides? And what about the eternal happiness he has brought to every Viking fan...well...I guess that excludes you.

You can say what you want here, that's the beauty of this site. But I am here to tell you members have had about enough of it.
    The over all concensus is that I don't say a word until some yutz pokes me.

Go back, read my post. I didn't say a fucking word about what I felt were bad plays. I very nicely moved around those little things.

When I get poked, I don't give a shit what the overall concensus is. I poke back.

Take the man love stuff off my mod friend.
    The best part of this whole thing is that when we get a new QB or when TJ comes back and they play like shit, you will see Marrdro come to their defense. Then we can always come back to the Favre era. This is going to be fun.
    See, here is someone who understands how to play the game and he is the biggest noodle sniffer out there.

Well played my friend. Well played indeed. B)

On a side note, I can't wait for a few of you to start hacking on the players that you don't like. I might just start pointing those little instances out a bit more often.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Rockmolder wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    I just think it;s time to move on for the people that think Favre shouldn't not be here.
    So do I.
    LOL, of course you would my friend. Of course you would.

You know whats fun. Go back and read a few of the opinions a few of these "Staunch" Noodle supporters have made on this site.

......snicker.....

Credibility my ass.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    I just think it;s time to move on for the people that think Favre shouldn't not be here.
    So do I.
    LOL, of course you would my friend. Of course you would.

You know whats fun. Go back and read a few of the opinions a few of these "Staunch" Noodle supporters have made on this site.

......snicker.....

Credibility my ass.
    I guess it's time for me to put my two cents in. First I want to say I enjoy talking football with you Marrdro. You are a hell of a nice guy and I like your input.

There have been times with this Favre situation where you had been blinded by your disdain for the guy. As a recent example you are calling the guy out for the pass to Shiancoe. He put the ball where no one else on the field could catch it but Shiancoe. I was sitting right in front of that pass and knew it was a TD as soon as he let it go.

However, I do also believe people (me included) take everything you have to say and think it is a crack at Favre. So in those scenarios I apologize.

I think what grew under people's cherries (at least mine) was the fact that no matter what the guy did you kept hounding him or finding a few bad throws to jab at him. He could have thrown 15 of 20 for 300 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs and you would complain or jab him about the 3 bad throws. We all know there are no QBs that throw the ball perfectly everytime they throw the ball. You have to expect that a few times a game.

There were many valid concerns at the beginning of the season that you brought up. No one disagreed with you but most thought he gave the team the best chance to go far in the playoffs.

The fact he helped players around him be better (and vice versa) makes him what he is. He is a great QB and a great leader. He has so many better characteristics than the QBs we already had on the team. He held up the entire season. One may say he had 1 bad game against AZ. Even that is debateable. But regardless it is time for everyone to let this go. Favre is a huge reason the team made it this far. He had his best season as a pro with our beloved Vikings. That in itself is a slap in the face of TT and the Packers.

At the same time I think we give Marrdro more crap than he deserves. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and who they like or don't like. They can type anything they want on these boards because that is what they are for. I don't always agree with everyone just as they don't always agree with me. That's the way it is. I know I am blinded by certain things too regardless of how unbiased I try to be. But it really is time to let this Favre crap go. It is old. The guy had a great season and I am happy he is a Viking. He surpassed all of our expectations. He is not a noodle arm. He has proven all and any concerns people had against him wrong. He is a great QB even at 40 years old. He's proven that too!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ...On a side note, I can't wait for a few of you to start hacking on the players that you don't like. I might just start pointing those little instances out a bit more often.
    As you should. It won't work on me though, because I do not do it unless I can back it up (with the exception of Rick Spielman...fuck him.)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    You can say what you want here, that's the beauty of this site. But I am here to tell you members have had about enough of it.
    The over all concensus is that I don't say a word until some yutz pokes me.

Go back, read my post. I didn't say a fucking word about what I felt were bad plays. I very nicely moved around those little things.

When I get poked, I don't give a shit what the overall concensus is. I poke back.

Take the man love stuff off my mod friend.
    FOr the record, you poked first...

Marrdro wrote:
    What a great season. Lets all enjoy the rest of the ride we have left, that even includes the Noodle.
    Yes, you owned up to being wrong about Favre at the end of the season. But the stupid little comments here and there are still annoying, even if you meant them to be funny (as I believe you did here).

We get it - you don't like Favre and never will. We also know that your reasons for disliking him so much are irrational, and any analysis of his game by you will be biased and wildly inaccurate. The point is tht none of us care anymore. We've given up on trying to make you see the light and would settle for not having to listen to your not-as-subtle-as-you-think-they-are slights against Favre.

LOL - anyone else remember sane Marrdro from a couple of years ago. I didn't always agree with his views on players, but I always gave him credit for becking up his opinions with legitimate reasons. Man I miss that guy.
    So would that comment be considered a poke first if I would have used his name instead of the word "Noodle"?

Comeon guys, just cause all of you have fallen for this cat doesn't mean I have to.

The point is tht none of us care anymore. We've given up on trying to make you see the light and would settle for not having to listen to your not-as-subtle-as-you-think-they-are slights against Favre
    If you don't care, why do we have these discussions? I sure the hell don't bring them up first.

As to the whole credibility thing.........

I ask again, did any of you catch the Noodle on NFLN when he said about he passes I mentioned to Wack?

The one to PH was behind him. Do you discount that?

How about the one to Shanc. Are you gonna say that it wasn't throw to far ahead of him?

The first TD to El Syd. I'm not even gonna ask cause the Noodle talk about that one specifically saying it was short and Syd made a hell of a play.

Long story short, if the Noodle is agreeing with me, what more do I need to bring to the table to keep my "Credibility" on here, if there is such a thing.

One more time for possible penetration. I choose to ignore him and not point out his errors. You guys are the ones who bait me into these discussions and then want to get into "Credibility" discussions with a yutz on the other end of a keyboard who doesn't really put any credibility into anything said on a internet such as this.

LOL. You all just crack me up.
    I can't wait to watch our next QB. You bet your ass there will be more errors than Favre. I will be there to tear him a new asshole and watch you squirm. Nit pick all you want on Favre but the world knows he is the best QB to ever put on a Vikings uni. I pray he is here next year. Most exciting season ever as a Viking fan.

I find it hilarious how you are using the fact that Favre said he was a bit off on a pass. You were the one crying about his ego. Where is that ego? Where is that slide at the end of year? Where are those INTs? Where is that noodle arm? Where is that locker room cancer? What have you been right on? All you have now is to nit pick on a few passes. Take a look at his stats. AMAZING! The guy is football immortality. He is a god.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Uber mod?

PLEASE tell me you got that from Glenn Beck...please!

I figured my post scared to away. At least it did for a few days.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Uber mod?

PLEASE tell me you got that from Glenn Beck...please!

I figured my post scared to away. At least it did for a few days.
    I heard someone on here use that on you one time. Of course it cracked me up.

As to me leaving......You should know better. I am just in the closet and don't have time to post very much.

Probably a good thing as I am sure you would have dotted me by now. :P

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Remember these fun times? Pre- NFCCG, right after a slaughtering of the cowgirls... So beautiful.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    LMAO. I forgot about this thread.

Heading to the NFC Championship game, coming off a lopsided DESTRUCTION of the cowboys - a victory so big that some of the girls were publicly complaining that the Vikings ran up the score...

... and yet we were still fighting on PP.O.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast