Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Official Vikings vs Cowboys post game thread

Singer quit posting because of Favre over T-Jack and Marrdro and others can't accept and come to terms that he has played well it's just ridiculous.

I loved having Sharper on the team and wish he would have finished his career here, but he moved on and he scares the shit out of me for the up and coming game.

My thought is if it hurts your rival and makes you stronger it is good for your team.

We tried to sign Aaron kampman a few years ago and if we could have gotten him I would have loved because it made us stronger and them weaker.

The same with Longwell one of the most relaible kickers in Viking history and he was a former Packer and I am glad we have them.

I just think it;s time to move on for the people that think Favre shouldn't not be here his last 3 games 10 TD's 0 INT's QB rating of over 130 against the cowboys so much for the late season/playoff can't play theory!

If Favre has a terrible game and we lose against the Saints big deal he has played great this season and life goes on, but I want the Superbowl and he gives us the best chance.

Like I said earlier in this thread I am going to enjoy this ride wish you could too!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mhzCyMDaw&feature=sub

Well worth the watch. I was cussing out Joe Buck during the game when he totally botched the call more than once and this guy picked up on that. First time I've seen it mentioned.
    lol.

The Cowboys, as you know, won by negative 31 points...
    Good watch.
    I realized after watching that vid how much I cannot stand Joe Buck. He completely botches the call, on more than one occasion, and he buries himself so deep that some 'ballboy equivalent' in the press has to bail him out. How he has that gig I have no idea. I do admit that I like him as an MLB commentator, just keep the bastard away from the NFL.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    *snip*

Well worth the watch. I was cussing out Joe Buck during the game when he totally botched the call more than once and this guy picked up on that. First time I've seen it mentioned.

My brother and I were talking about that too...what a tool Buck is. I'd rather have Bruce Jenner doing this week's game with Aikman.

P.S. The guy in this video reminds me of a young Andy Rooney.
    I never knew Andy Rooney was young. He has been old ever since I started watching 60 minutes decades ago.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    Truthfully, I read every post on pp.o with a level of suspicion, but, there are a handful of posters where I can just enjoy what they say, knowing that what they are saying isn't just something pulled from their ass.
    Unkie Proph - tell us again about the time you pulled something from your ass and it barked!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mhzCyMDaw&feature=sub

I loved it. Thanks for posting that, Prophet!
    I liked what he had to say, and the video editing was very good too. As a matter of fact, I just logged on to my YoutTube account and subscripted to his channel, "kope0016".

whackthepack wrote:
    I just think it;s time to move on for the people that think Favre shouldn't not be here.
    So do I.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

LOVED IT SUNDAY!!!! Was out of town till today but I am still high from it. Loved how we shut the critics mouths. Everyone said we would lose to the pies. I love it!!

Key to this game for me was field position. We are finally covering our kickoffs and that was huge. Punting game was great when we had to.

Gonna have to step up in that department again this week!

LOVIN IT!!! Skol Vikes!!

carolinafan is offline Rookie

Glad to see Rice is now what he was in college....

an absolute GREAT receiver. When you all drafted him, I came on here and told everyone what a fantastic receiver he was with hands of glue. Many on here were saying he was a question mark and had heard his hands were suspect??? WTF?
    I never saw him drop a pass while he was at SC. I also said he was better than any receiver in the draft, including Calvin Johnson. Not rose colored glasses, just saw every game he played. He was only 21 when he joined the Vikes. I knew he needed to beef up a little, but that was all.

He would have been this good last year, but for the past 5 years, the Vikes haven't had a QB that could get the ball to any receiver. Now you have it. Rice hasn't reached anywhere close to his potential. He's simply got someone to give him a chance at the ball now. He'll make you proud the rest of his career. He is that good.........this is not a flash in the pan kind of season. Can jump out of the gym, with great hands and good speed. A nighmare for a 5'11" DB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    You can say what you want here, that's the beauty of this site. But I am here to tell you members have had about enough of it.
    The over all concensus is that I don't say a word until some yutz pokes me.

Go back, read my post. I didn't say a fucking word about what I felt were bad plays. I very nicely moved around those little things.

When I get poked, I don't give a shit what the overall concensus is. I poke back.

Take the man love stuff off my mod friend.
    FOr the record, you poked first...

Marrdro wrote:
    What a great season. Lets all enjoy the rest of the ride we have left, that even includes the Noodle.
    Yes, you owned up to being wrong about Favre at the end of the season. But the stupid little comments here and there are still annoying, even if you meant them to be funny (as I believe you did here).

We get it - you don't like Favre and never will. We also know that your reasons for disliking him so much are irrational, and any analysis of his game by you will be biased and wildly inaccurate. The point is tht none of us care anymore. We've given up on trying to make you see the light and would settle for not having to listen to your not-as-subtle-as-you-think-they-are slights against Favre.

LOL - anyone else remember sane Marrdro from a couple of years ago. I didn't always agree with his views on players, but I always gave him credit for becking up his opinions with legitimate reasons. Man I miss that guy.
    So would that comment be considered a poke first if I would have used his name instead of the word "Noodle"?

Comeon guys, just cause all of you have fallen for this cat doesn't mean I have to.

The point is tht none of us care anymore. We've given up on trying to make you see the light and would settle for not having to listen to your not-as-subtle-as-you-think-they-are slights against Favre
    If you don't care, why do we have these discussions? I sure the hell don't bring them up first.

As to the whole credibility thing.........

I ask again, did any of you catch the Noodle on NFLN when he said about he passes I mentioned to Wack?

The one to PH was behind him. Do you discount that?

How about the one to Shanc. Are you gonna say that it wasn't throw to far ahead of him?

The first TD to El Syd. I'm not even gonna ask cause the Noodle talk about that one specifically saying it was short and Syd made a hell of a play.

Long story short, if the Noodle is agreeing with me, what more do I need to bring to the table to keep my "Credibility" on here, if there is such a thing.

One more time for possible penetration. I choose to ignore him and not point out his errors. You guys are the ones who bait me into these discussions and then want to get into "Credibility" discussions with a yutz on the other end of a keyboard who doesn't really put any credibility into anything said on a internet such as this.

LOL. You all just crack me up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

whackthepack wrote:
    Singer quit posting because of Favre over T-Jack and Marrdro and others can't accept and come to terms that he has played well it's just ridiculous.

I loved having Sharper on the team and wish he would have finished his career here, but he moved on and he scares the shit out of me for the up and coming game.

My thought is if it hurts your rival and makes you stronger it is good for your team.

We tried to sign Aaron kampman a few years ago and if we could have gotten him I would have loved because it made us stronger and them weaker.

The same with Longwell one of the most relaible kickers in Viking history and he was a former Packer and I am glad we have them.

I just think it;s time to move on for the people that think Favre shouldn't not be here his last 3 games 10 TD's 0 INT's QB rating of over 130 against the cowboys so much for the late season/playoff can't play theory!

If Favre has a terrible game and we lose against the Saints big deal he has played great this season and life goes on, but I want the Superbowl and he gives us the best chance.

Like I said earlier in this thread I am going to enjoy this ride wish you could too!
    Hey ubber mod, do I have permission to respond to this or will I loose some more "Credibility"?

LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast